switching to manual transmission

• Thread starter devil143
  • 3 comments
Poland
Poland
Hi. I am a beginner. drive an automatic transmission. I want to switch to a manual transmission. How to switch gears on a gamepad is better by controlling the gyroscope? How do professionals do it? what buttons on the gamepad to set up for gear shifting?

You're using the gyro to steer? If so, my advice is: L2/R2 are your brake/gas using index fingers, L1/R1 are your shift down/up using thumbs. Hold the pad like you would a wheel.

I also assigned MFD controls to the left stick for convenience. I had to remove functions from the left d-pad button and the circle button because I kept pressing them on accident.

I think if a person is already used to using their index fingers for throttle/brake with the L2/R2 triggers it makes way more sense to use the buttons and thumb for gear changing. I use triangle and square because it feels a little more natural than X and square to me but either way, the thumb is just sitting their doing nothing and using it for gear changing rather than having to get used to holding the controller a different way so you can use index fingers for L1/R1 and middle fingers for L2/R2 seems like a more sensible way to go.

(I can't comment much specifically relating to motion control steering though. I never used that...thumbs for L1/R1 and then index fingers for L2/R2?? Hmmm...)

Last edited:
Back