T-GT2 rotation angle and feedback faulty after update 1.49

Germany
Germany
After the 1.49 update, the rotation angle is much higher than before the update.
This is a problem when driving and especially when drifting.
The steering angle of the front wheels is at the end, but the steering wheel can and must be turned further. It's so tiring because it feels like you're just cranking.
There is not even an option in the settings to reduce the turning angle on the T-GT2.
Everything was perfect before the update!
Also, when drifting, there are strong shocks when counter-steering as if you had thick rubber tires on it.
Many cars now also feel extremely light on the front axle and there is hardly any pressure in the feedback.
For me, the physics update and especially the changes for the T-GT2 were bad and took the fun out of the game.
If you have a T-GT2 you can test the Jagauar VGT AWD, the feedback from the steering wheel is an extreme disaster.

Many cars now also feel extremely light on the front axle and there is hardly any pressure in the feedback.
For me, the physics update and especially the changes for the T-GT2 were bad and took the fun out of the game.
Same with CSL Elite PS4 - The lack of steering resistance on Comfort tyres was already bad before the update, but now there's hardly any positive FFB even on Sport tyres.
To some light FFB mean realistic, but now it's so weak with 10/10 that the wheel doesn't even self-align naturally... Can't even test new physics properly.

Many who keep saying that it's an improvement probably just put SS/RS on every car like majority of GT drivers do since forever - Drifters and Comfort tyre racers like me are great minority <- Sorry for rambling.

Same with CSL Elite PS4 - The lack of steering resistance on Comfort tyres was already bad before the update, but now there's hardly any positive FFB even on Sport tyres.
To some light FFB mean realistic, but now it's so weak with 10/10 that the wheel doesn't even self-align naturally... Can't even test new physics properly.

Many who keep saying that it's an improvement probably just put SS/RS on every car like majority of GT drivers do since forever - Drifters and Comfort tyre racers like me are great minority <- Sorry for rambling.
I only play with road cars. Stock form. Much better physics

Not noticing any differences in steering angle with my T-GT2. Sounds more like a firmware or settings issue?

Overall my wheel is fine now, FFB is a bit heavier overall on average. But each car has is a bit different now, some car are fine, some I need to adjust it now. The SF23 for example is super light mid corner in slow speed corners now.

No issue with my T-GT after 1.49 ,
My current settings are

Firmware v10 on T-GT
In GT7 I have the vibration setting set at 150 for the transducer

Torque set at 6

Sensitivity 5

It feel Amzing after the update, and I really hope with all the issues going on at fantec polyphony digital to back to thrustMaster🥰

No issue with my T-GT after 1.49 ,
My current settings are

Firmware v10 on T-GT
In GT7 I have the vibration setting set at 150 for the transducer

Torque set at 6

Sensitivity 5

It feel Amzing after the update, and I really hope with all the issues going on at fantec polyphony digital to back to thrustMaster🥰
I can't imagine that it feels better, especially with stock cars / standard condition.

The front axle is often so light on the steering wheel that there is almost no feedback. Simply bad!
Also very noticeable in the new Time Trial with the old Honda RA272, the car was really fun before the update. Not any more!

Haven't you noticed that you have to turn in a lot more now?
The turning angle is much higher than before?
This makes my times worse and drifting is hardly possible to do a clean lap.

The weight transfer can no longer be felt optimally.

Then two more examples of the bad physics update!

Stock Porsche 356 with only soft racing tires
Car tips on its side in curves and rolls over. Laughable

Fiat 500 with tuning and racing tires soft makes a stoppie on the front wheels when braking hard. Wow! Great driving physics!

The more I test the new update, the more I lose interest in GT7!

My Settings on TGT2
GT Mode On
Vibration 120
Torque 6
Sensitivity 10

I can't imagine that it feels better, especially with stock cars / standard condition.

The front axle is often so light on the steering wheel that there is almost no feedback. Simply bad!
Also very noticeable in the new Time Trial with the old Honda RA272, the car was really fun before the update. Not any more!

Haven't you noticed that you have to turn in a lot more now?
The turning angle is much higher than before?
This makes my times worse and drifting is hardly possible to do a clean lap.

The weight transfer can no longer be felt optimally.

Then two more examples of the bad physics update!

Stock Porsche 356 with only soft racing tires
Car tips on its side in curves and rolls over. Laughable

Fiat 500 with tuning and racing tires soft makes a stoppie on the front wheels when braking hard. Wow! Great driving physics!

The more I test the new update, the more I lose interest in GT7!

My Settings on TGT2
GT Mode On
Vibration 120
Torque 6
Sensitivity 10
There is a few cars with light steering but nothing that isn't solved by adjusting the torque per car. With the RA272 I just turn it up by 3, it's a bit annoying but it's no big deal. The actual detail given through the wheel is miles better all around.

I still haven't noticed any difference in turning angle, I'd bet you are just overdriving the car compared to before. No offence but wondering why putting slick soft high grip tyres is causing a 50s bathtub to roll on its 50s suspension doesn't exactly indicate you're the best at knowing why the car is behaving like it is.

There is a few cars with light steering but nothing that isn't solved by adjusting the torque per car. With the RA272 I just turn it up by 3, it's a bit annoying but it's no big deal. The actual detail given through the wheel is miles better all around.

I still haven't noticed any difference in turning angle, I'd bet you are just overdriving the car compared to before. No offence but wondering why putting slick soft high grip tyres is causing a 50s bathtub to roll on its 50s suspension doesn't exactly indicate you're the best at knowing why the car is behaving like it is.
I really have to laugh when I read that.
Of course I can set my feedback higher depending on the car. But that makes no sense, because all the other forces also increase!

The two examples have nothing to do with my tuning skills. They are errors in the driving physics and the 356 is stock!
Am I now driving paper cars that weigh nothing?

Just because the steering wheel now gives a bit more feedback here and there and group 2/3 cars are easier to drive in some cases doesn't mean everyone has to say it's great now! Because there is more grip on the front axle and oversteer can be absorbed more easily.

Another nice example, drift donuts and you have wear on the rear wheels and almost only on the front axle...Funny

Then please don't say I don't know anything about vehicle adjustment.

I have a lot to do with it in real life. I have also tuned and optimized over 100 cars with a colleague in Gt7 in various performance classes 400/500/600/700 because I drove them for time on Tsukuba and the Nürburgring.

Now I have sold almost 200 cars in the garage, which I have tuned because the performance points are higher due to the tires and the tuning settings no longer fit at all! I'd have to set up every car again, so I'd rather buy them new and start from scratch with the setups and times for both tracks.

Well, at least now you can reset the times in the ranking list with one click, which I had to do because my comparisons of the times and cars no longer fit at all.

I really have to laugh when I read that.
Of course I can set my feedback higher depending on the car. But that makes no sense, because all the other forces also increase!

The two examples have nothing to do with my tuning skills. They are errors in the driving physics and the 356 is stock!
Am I now driving paper cars that weigh nothing?

Just because the steering wheel now gives a bit more feedback here and there and group 2/3 cars are easier to drive in some cases doesn't mean everyone has to say it's great now! Because there is more grip on the front axle and oversteer can be absorbed more easily.

Another nice example, drift donuts and you have wear on the rear wheels and almost only on the front axle...Funny

Then please don't say I don't know anything about vehicle adjustment.

I have a lot to do with it in real life. I have also tuned and optimized over 100 cars with a colleague in Gt7 in various performance classes 400/500/600/700 because I drove them for time on Tsukuba and the Nürburgring.

Now I have sold almost 200 cars in the garage, which I have tuned because the performance points are higher due to the tires and the tuning settings no longer fit at all! I'd have to set up every car again, so I'd rather buy them new and start from scratch with the setups and times for both tracks.

Well, at least now you can reset the times in the ranking list with one click, which I had to do because my comparisons of the times and cars no longer fit at all.
Increasing the torque value, the weight of the wheel, only increases the weight of the wheel. Which is the problem with cars that have a light wheel feel right now.

And it doesn't matter how many cars you've set up before if you're just not doing it well. I have no indication of what you have or haven't done aside from you being confused about why your 50s bathtub is flipping, which you'd think would be obvious if you had spent so much time tuning before?

Increasing the torque value, the weight of the wheel, only increases the weight of the wheel. Which is the problem with cars that have a light wheel feel right now.

And it doesn't matter how many cars you've set up before if you're just not doing it well. I have no indication of what you have or haven't done aside from you being confused about why your 50s bathtub is flipping, which you'd think would be obvious if you had spent so much time tuning before?
It makes no sense for me to adjust my feedback values for every car!
I didn't have to before either.
I'm not interested in the bathtub and it was just an example and you had to drive the car for the Week Challenge.

The points I wrote down are fact and almost destroyed the game for me.

Fun dropped from 100% to 50%. But there is also no alternative with such a fleet of vehicles and tuning, especially in VR.

It makes no sense for me to adjust my feedback values for every car!
I didn't have to before either.

I'm not interested in the bathtub and it was just an example and you had to drive the car for the Week Challenge.
The points I wrote down are fact and almost destroyed the game for me.

Fun dropped from 100% to 50%. But there is also no alternative with such a fleet of vehicles and tuning, especially in VR.
I know mate, I said myself it's annoying. I'm not a fan either but ultimately it's like a 10 second adjustment so I can live with it.

And I get you might not be 'interested' in the bathtub but literally the only facts we have to deduce what your problem is is you getting annoyed that the car is flipping on its bone stock 70 year old suspension whilst on the worlds grippiest modern slick tyres. That would've flipped before the update too.
I imagine the same thing applies to the Fiat 500 build you mentioned does a stoppie when you hit the brakes, too little flex in the suspension for the grip you're giving it under braking.

I know mate, I said myself it's annoying. I'm not a fan either but ultimately it's like a 10 second adjustment so I can live with it.

And I get you might not be 'interested' in the bathtub but literally the only facts we have to deduce what your problem is is you getting annoyed that the car is flipping on its bone stock 70 year old suspension whilst on the worlds grippiest modern slick tyres. That would've flipped before the update too.
I imagine the same thing applies to the Fiat 500 build you mentioned does a stoppie when you hit the brakes, too little flex in the suspension for the grip you're giving it under braking.
I have no problems with the settings of the cars, I can adjust everything.
I also had no problems deleting my rankings and selling the cars to tune and set them up again in the performance classes.
That's fun too.

But as you can read in the first post, I have a problem with the serious physics update and feedback, which I just don't like, and also the steering angle increase on the TGT2.

Why don't you leave a finished game as it was? It was perfect for me, you could have tested and introduced the whole thing with GT8 first.

There is also no setting in the game. On the TGT you can change the steering angle setting on the PC, but on the PS5 it's full lock again.

With Fanatec and the like, you can do this directly on the steering wheel, but unfortunately this is not possible with the TGT2.

I have no problems with the settings of the cars, I can adjust everything.
I also had no problems deleting my rankings and selling the cars to tune and set them up again in the performance classes.
That's fun too.

But as you can read in the first post, I have a problem with the serious physics update and feedback, which I just don't like, and also the steering angle increase on the TGT2.

Why don't you leave a finished game as it was? It was perfect for me, you could have tested and introduced the whole thing with GT8 first.

There is also no setting in the game. On the TGT you can change the steering angle setting on the PC, but on the PS5 it's full lock again.

With Fanatec and the like, you can do this directly on the steering wheel, but unfortunately this is not possible with the TGT2.
I don't know why you're going on about the steering angle still though, I have said multiple times to you this is going to be the way you are driving or an issue with your wheel. I am not having to steer any more to make turns, and if you are then you're overdriving the car and understeering. If the physical wheel isn't matching the wheel in the game, then it's a hardware issue.

I'm not even full lock in the Eiger hairpins, I have no idea what you're doing to do get full lock elsewhere besides driving poorly, and again the whole commentary on suspension tuning doesn't give me much confidence that it's not exactly that.

I'm sorry but all of this just comes across as you not having adapted to the physics being a bit more realistic now. You can't throw things into the corners like you used to be able to, you can't brake hard and late into corners anymore at full brake pressure (I'm presuming this is what you are doing, braking hard and late, understeering and slamming the wheel into full lock to 'compensate' for it.. which is doing nothing to help) - you have to smooth the car into the corner. Ideally you should've been doing that anyway, but I can see why the old physics would create bad habits that result in this situation.

And just to reiterate that this is a problem with your setups, not the physics being 'bad', here is a properly tuned Fiat 500 going from 130 to 0 without flipping on it's front wheels.

Thanks for the effort, but I get the Fiat adjusted so it doesn't do a wheelie.
The turning angle on my TGT2 cannot be changed on GT7.
Also not feasible in terms of hardware as with Fanatec and Co.
But it would only be one option in the game.

But let's leave it alone, because everyone has their own opinion and feelings about the new update.
And my feeling is that it has taken the fun out of the game, which is what matters.
I'm not alone in this, just look at the posts below the video...
Wish you all the best

Have the same wheel with no issues matter fact the wheel feels even better after the update!

Thanks for the effort, but I get the Fiat adjusted so it doesn't do a wheelie.
The turning angle on my TGT2 cannot be changed on GT7.
Also not feasible in terms of hardware as with Fanatec and Co.
But it would only be one option in the game.

But let's leave it alone, because everyone has their own opinion and feelings about the new update.
And my feeling is that it has taken the fun out of the game, which is what matters.
I'm not alone in this, just look at the posts below the video...
Wish you all the best

D-pad left or right & mode button change the steering lock, press both once for each change, the mode light will flash with each change from 1 flash to 5 flashes, I think the setting angles are 180, 360, 560 720 & 900

D-pad left or right & mode button change the steering lock, press both once for each change, the mode light will flash with each change from 1 flash to 5 flashes, I think the setting angles are 180, 360, 560 720 & 900
WOW
That would be a mega solution if it works with the steering angle on the TGT2!!!
I'll try it out tonight and report back!
Thank you very much for that!

Hold the D-Pad left or right and briefly press the Mode button once
Then briefly press D-Pad left or right for more or less rotation angle.
This has been very helpful for me, thanks Dave!
But GT7 always overwrites the setting as soon as you go to restart, or change a car, do tuning, etc.
Annoying

Have the same wheel with no issues matter fact the wheel feels even better after the update!
Same for me (it's better since last update) and no issues with the rotation angle.

Don't forget that in recent games (like GT7) the rotation angle is now adjusted automatically by the game (depending of the car you are using = exactly like the real car. So you can't change it manually.
It's really better like this (and more realistic).

My Settings on TGT2
GT Mode On
Vibration 120
Torque 6
Sensitivity 10
There is a mistake on your settings: On GT7 for a best feeling it's recommended to set the sensitivity at 1 for all wheels with a high torque (like the T-GT).

Same for me (it's better since last update) and no issues with the rotation angle.

Don't forget that in recent games (like GT7) the rotation angle is now adjusted automatically by the game (depending of the car you are using = exactly like the real car. So you can't change it manually.
It's really better like this (and more realistic).

There is a mistake on your settings: On GT7 for a best feeling it's recommended to set the sensitivity at 1 for all wheels with a high torque (like the T-GT).
My settings were great before the update.
Sensitivity 10 was ideal for feeling all the feedback effects.

Now, after the update, I have not yet lowered the value.
I can test it.

Back