T500rs on PS5?

• Thread starter Leggacy
  • 14 comments
T500PS5.png

At least Dirt 5 update note shows full support for T500rs on PS5:

View attachment 988638
Frikin awesome! I did buy a drivehub so I could play ACC but the T500 support for the DH is crap!, it may have changed but I was able to prove to the support team that it clearly wasn’t working as advertised and I got my money back :) I could play ACC with it, but that game looks/plays terrible on PS4. I still have the DH, so it might be useful at some point but it’s not much use to me at the moment.

Sooo status... My T500 works with every PS4 game on my Playstation 5... but not with Dirt 5 (PS5 Version) I‘m in contact with codemaster and they told me to check my latest firmware of the wheel. Which I did and it‘s up to date. Maybe it‘s just Dirt or the PS5 Version. Right now I‘m installing the PS4 Version to see if that works. So Status now is - PS4 Games work ( by the way, no hub needed... just connect it to the normal USB Port ) PS5 Games, we‘ll have to wait and see if there is a new PS5 only Racing Game.

Last edited:
OK tested it... Dirt 5 PS4 Version installed on PS5 does not work with the T500 as well... so it looks like a game problem cause every other PS4 game works

Last edited:
Sooo status... My T500 works with every PS4 game on my Playstation 5... but not with Dirt 5 (PS5 Version) I‘m in contact with codemaster and they told me to check my latest firmware of the wheel. Which I did and it‘s up to date. Maybe it‘s just Dirt or the PS5 Version. Right now I‘m installing the PS4 Version to see if that works. So Status now is - PS4 Games work ( by the way, no hub needed... just connect it to the normal USB Port ) PS5 Games, we‘ll have to wait and see if there is a new PS5 only Racing Game.
This has been my experience as well. My T500RS works with every PS4 racing game I own, on PS5, but so far none of my PS5 racing games (Dirt 5, Wreckfest, or WRC 10) work with it. Very disappointing.

I haven't tried them with my Cronus Drivehub, maybe I will this weekend.

Last edited:
T500 won't work with any PS5 racing game. You have to play the PS4 version for it to work. Let's keep praying that Thrustmaster pays the license so the T500 become a supported PS5 wheel. This is sad as my T500 works perfectly and I don't find a reason to buy a new wheel just because it is not licensed for PS5 when it could work as it is already working for PS4 games.

Not yet. Maybe we should all ask Thrustmaster to include/pay the license to support this wheel in PS5

Any news there? Have pre-ordered GT7 (AE25) and has only t500rs, no ps5, no ps4 - would buy ps only for tg7, so still not sure should I go for ps5 (still deficit here) or just buy ps4pro while it's completely not.possible to use t500rs with ps5...

Your 25. Version are ready to play both, so its better to buy a cheap PS4 pro for you i think. Or you sell the T500 and buy an other wheel. ;)

Latest Posts

Back