TaMo RaceMo - mid-engine sports car from Tata

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 18 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York

The sports car is a codenamed Futuro and will be a 2 seater mid-engined car.
Tata-Tamo-Futuro-sports-car-teased.jpg

I'd say that this new car will probably try to eat away at some of the Boxter or 4C's pie. I have no expectations going into this.

Well the sioulette is certainly easy on the eyes, hopefully when the cover's pulled off its even more good looking.

Guess the videogame world got ahead of this thread when it comes to revealing the actual car. Forza Horizon 3 will receive the first Tamo as free DLC; it's named the Racemo, and here's its final form;

wLhcxy4.jpg

Lz3vgTj.jpg

It's certainly interesting. It's part KTM X-Bow, part Honda S660. Not sure if I can call it pretty straightaway, but it has the poise of a sports car, if anything...

(Credit goes to @JorgePinto for being the first one to post this information over at the Horizon 3 thread)

Yes, I'm having a hard time taking the name seriously as well. It sounds like a children's first car toy... :lol:

And more news about the Racemo; 186 hp from a 1.2-litre turbocharged engine (named the Revotron). 0-60 time is claimed to be under 6 seconds, helped by a 6-speed automatic transmission. There is also a more powerful track version known as the Racemo +, not much is known about that one. The TAMO brand is supposed to serve as a niche carmaker, according to Tata.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/geneva-20...atas-first-model-under-tamo-sub-brand-1666976

VXR
Well, that's some neat marketing with real world use. I'd take that over Vision GT any day.

Well to be fair, the latest VGT has more real world use than other cars of its kind, so it's not like the project never got sight of that possibility... Of course, it's aimed at a higher, richer market than the Racemo, but nonetheless the EF7 also has real-world ties.

Huh, didn't expect two three video game car reveals today!

It's interesting. As others have said, it's not exactly pretty, but it's unique. It takes a lot of disparate influences — I see X-Bow, i8, S660, some modern Citroën — and manages to mould them together convincingly. A little turbo engine and around 190 hp seems just right.

Love how it has a "take selfie" feature. :lol:
These features need to be represented in Forza Horizon 3!
Look at all the buttons on the dashboard on the screens I can fidget with for hours on end
If I had one I'd be spending more time oogling at the dashboard than anything else (ESPECIALLY the drone camera!)

So much for all of that media hype they were generating when it launched in Horizon 3.

So much for any hopes of a sportier (and more interesting) Tata, too. I suppose Tata and sportier cars were never intended to blend together. And ironically enough it was Tata's cost-saving side that killed the very same thing that could've made people forget about such side...

Back