Terrible performance in PS4

• Thread starter Stakado
  • 44 comments
pof
Since the 1.06 update I've had bad performance, especially in the rain, but now it's not bad, it's terrible.
on tracks with rain, for example rbr, if I have one or 2 cars in front of me, the game goes at less than 20fps, also with stuttering, but if I go alone, it goes over 40.
On dry tracks I have also suffered serious frame drops and a lot of stuttering. and all this, with downgraded graphics

Hi i bought a ps4 pro and happens exacly the same and those with ps5 too. Me, i noticed more sutter when i do "U" turns or when i spin the car. When i put on 1080p insted of 4k the game responds much better but that was the reason i switch from ps4 to ps4 pro, to play on 4k... Anyway mybe they can resolve this mate, hope so. Cheers

Ran the World GT Championship yesterday and the worst I noticed was at Spa, the section before Pouhon you'll have noticeable worse framerate, every lap, in traffic or not. Running PS4Pro, no SSD.

With the 1.06 they have not only lowered the general quality of the effects (smoke tires, rain, raised water, contact sparks, dirt on the car and dust in the dirt tracks) on PS5.... Fix stupid by polyphony, but now the frame rate has also worsened. Congratulations.

SSD`ed PS4 here, no new probs noticed so far
The think is, if you running on 1080p wich is the max resolution on base ps4 at least on GT7 the game will always run perfectly like in ps4 pro or 5, the prob here is the higher the resolution for exemple 4k wich is majority playing on, the game is stuttering and have frame drop with ssd or not. They need to fix this, or give us graphics options so i can reduce some i dont think is necessary to put the game run smooth

I noticed some framedrops on PS5 even, especially on the nurbring with rain, but I think my PS5 needs a clean, it gets pretty hot when playing GT7 (I've had to do some work on my house and it got pretty dusty, rebuilt the bathroom, all doors replaced, sanding and repainting a lot of stuff, and other stuff, all of which don't help to keep your PS5 dust free)

Last edited:
I have had no real frame rate issues on base ps4 BUT i have my game installed on my external drive , The External drive has faster read and write speeds than the internal one SSD or not because the SATA buss on the ps4 is slower than the usb transfer speed . Try that . As for ps5 , no idea.

I noticed some framedrops on PS5 even, especially on the nurbring with rain, but I think my PS5 needs a clean, it gets pretty hot when playing GT7 (I've had to do some work on my house and it got pretty dusty, rebuilt the bathroom, all doors replaced, sanding and repainting a lot of stuff, and other stuff, all of which don't help to keep your PS5 dust free)
I play from ps5.. but I don’t notice frame drop , indeed despite with the 1.06 where they have evidently carried out a graphical downgrade of the effects, I have more problems now regarding the 1.05.

I have had no real frame rate issues on base ps4 BUT i have my game installed on my external drive , The External drive has faster read and write speeds than the internal one SSD or not because the SATA buss on the ps4 is slower than the usb transfer speed . Try that . As for ps5 , no idea.
HDD/SSD speed shouldn't be a big deal for the framerate, the game loads most of the game to the memory and from there, there's not a lot of storage activity (On PS5 is a different story, but probably not for GT7, but rather for games like R&C where it needs to stream data from the SSD)

Last edited:
I play from ps5.. but I don’t notice frame drop , indeed despite with the 1.06 where they have evidently carried out a graphical downgrade of the effects, I have more problems now regarding the 1.05.
During the rain in heavy traffic it can dip into 40s as per digital foundry analysis, also very noticeable dips in trial mountain during the day, if you don't notice doesn't mean it's not there, I can see even small dips due to oled and ps5 not supporting vrr

During the rain in heavy traffic it can dip into 40s as per digital foundry analysis, also very noticeable dips in trial mountain during the day, if you don't notice doesn't mean it's not there, I can see even small dips due to oled and ps5 not supporting vrr
It's about time they deliver on the promise of VRR... GT7 could really benefit from it and I just got a new TV with VRR so hurry up please Sony!

Last edited:
it sometimes stutters a bit on my origin spec PS4 but during the black out I downloaded AC and fired up a 15 car race at spa and it was actual single figure FPS into T1 so all things considered I think it runs quite well.

Der Gedanke ist, wenn Sie auf 1080p wich laufen, die max-Auflösung auf Basis ps4 zumindest auf GT7 wird das Spiel immer perfekt laufen wie in ps4 pro oder 5, der Protob hier ist, desto höher ist die Auflösung für Beispiel 4k wich Mehrheit spielt, das Spiel ist stutternd und mit ssd oder nicht. Sie müssen das fixieren oder uns Grafikoptionen geben, damit ich einige, die ich nicht für notwendig halten kann, um das Spiel reibungslos zu machen.
Again... PS4 and PS4pro only 1080p ( 2k )
PS5 are 4K if the Monitor can do that. Maybe your TV get a Inputlag if you use your PS5/PS4...

I'll playing on a Gaming Monitor so i dont have any of this Problems. No Framerae Drop or anything else. But my PS4pro are "fresh" cleaned.

Again... PS4 and PS4pro only 1080p ( 2k )
PS5 are 4K if the Monitor can do that. Maybe your TV get a Inputlag if you use your PS5/PS4...

I'll playing on a Gaming Monitor so i dont have any of this Problems. No Framerae Drop or anything else. But my PS4pro are "fresh" cleaned
I play on a 32" 144mhz 1ms 2k monitor and I can see it. It's certainly not the display.

It's about time they deliver on the promise of VRR... GT7 could really benefit from it and I just got a new TV with VRR so hurry up please Sony!
Their excuse so far that not many people care or even know what vrr is, so they basically lazy about any implementation, ironically xsx supports both vrr and Dolby vision, second is not even available on ps5 unless you got Sony tv

I hoped they solved the issue with 1.11 patch. But in tracks like Spa or Barcelona I notice some frame skips, especially when I go through the finish line, is really annoying.
I have a PS4 slim and a Sony fullHD TV and I wonder if a PS4 PRO have the same problems in 1080p. Don't wanna buy a PS5, since PRO will be out in two years...
Anyone with a PS4 PRO at 1080p noticed about that?

Fixing this should be easy: just removing some trees or details in heavy-loaded tracks. PS4 users shouldn't be ignored, even less so when PS5 stock shortage continues. I care more about car detail rather than track details.

Back