Terrible performance in PS4

• Thread starter Stakado
  • 44 comments
Fixing this should be easy: just removing some trees or details in heavy-loaded tracks. PS4 users shouldn't be ignored, even less so when PS5 stock shortage continues. I care more about car detail rather than track details.
Even you do not understand you do not understand anything, thanks to your stupid and useless complaints you have already ruined the game, removing several graphic effects with the 1.06, making immersion during gameplay a deadly crap.
Now you want to take the details off the track too? use your brain, sell the game thanks.
These people like you should be disbarred from GT.

BTW, game from PS5 and I have no problem with frame-drop, played from consoles that will soon end up in a museum and you complain?

Last edited:
the game could probably be optimised a little but it’s clearly pushing the limits of the PS4, mine sounds like a fighter jet taking off in most game conditions. I just think graphics options is where they could keep everyone happy, everyone is entitled to the game to run at a decent frame rate in all game conditions

the game could probably be optimised a little
I don't understand why they didn't do this to start with. They've had their own PS4s and 4 Pros to test their build on, as well as PS5s. The stuttering graphics and other issues can be a bit jarring. The road graphics briefly go to near black in the rain on the first sweeper at LeMans.

Honestly, I don't think we'd miss a few less trees and other insignificant details here and there. And any difference between PS4 and 5 backgrounds would be a small matter. PS4 simply can't perform as well.

Last edited:
it should be noted that even if they are testing on original spec PS4 consoles and not some magical emulator thingy box, those systems are probably pristine and haven’t spent the best part of a decade consuming household dust

I've had the same frame drops on PS5 and PS4 Pro, and it's usually rain that causes it. Even on PS5 I had one race at Sarthe where it was raining in the dark and it turned into a slide show, like 6-8fps, bad enough I had to quit as I thought something was wrong with the console. So it's not an issue with the lower specs of the PS4, it's just poor optimization during certain environmental conditions in general. It's just another indicator that we're playing a beta; full release will be with the inevitable "Spec II" 12-18mo from now

Last edited:
Maybe my eyes are just getting old, or I'm not spoiled by modern games (grew up in the 16/32 bit era where graphical glitches were common), but I don't have any issues at all. PS4 at 1080P.

I've had a few issues with stuttering on the PS5. One of them was at Trial Mountain during a turn as I was going for an overtake. This was in the dry.

Even you do not understand you do not understand anything, thanks to your stupid and useless complaints you have already ruined the game, removing several graphic effects with the 1.06, making immersion during gameplay a deadly crap.
Now you want to take the details off the track too? use your brain, sell the game thanks.

BTW, game from PS5 and I have no problem with frame-drop, played from consoles that will soon end up in a museum and you complain?
You have a ps5 so screw everyone on ps4 eh ? they run different levels of detail so if they do tweak the ps4 version it will not effect the way the ps5 game looks

Also, with the upgraded effects in the 1.05 version, the game in PS4 run smooth without frame skipping.
In the 1.06 they cut the effects and ruin the performance

I've had the same frame drops on PS5 and PS4 Pro, and it's usually rain that causes it. Even on PS5 I had one race at Sarthe where it was raining in the dark and it turned into a slide show, like 6-8fps, bad enough I had to quit as I thought something was wrong with the console. So it's not an issue with the lower specs of the PS4, it's just poor optimization during certain environmental conditions in general. It's just another indicator that we're playing a beta; full release will be with the inevitable "Spec II" 12-18mo from now
I saw some frame drops under heavy traffic and rainy conditions on my PS5. Many youtube video reviews have already pointed that out.

Last edited:

PS5 and PS4 software versions are completely different and they can evolve in a different manner. I wonder why changing PS4 software can affect the PS5 one?

I noticed that also in Spa yesterday, i couldn't believe it. PS4 slim.
Yup. I tried World GT Series Championship this morning and Spa was almost unplayable. Some sections seemed to run at 30fps. Dynamic weather could be the reason. S-10 license, same track runs smooth.

Last edited:
PS4 Slim. It gets really choppy at Spa. Pretty good performance everywhere else, in all conditions.

Back