Terrorism

Irrelevant deflection. I asked for a link to the report that prompted you to put "terror" in quotation marks.
Hmm, I sense a bit of hostility.

Initial English paper and Twitter reports were quoting Bild as saying it was preliminarily being treated as a terror attack and the suspect was an "Arab looking man" according to witnesses (later said to be a "southern looking man" by police). Hence the quotation marks since it wasn't confirmed at that stage (and still isn't).

However, looking up Bild's wiki I find:
Bild has been described as "notorious for its mix of gossip, inflammatory language, and sensationalism" and as having a huge influence on German politicians.[6] Its nearest English-language stylistic and journalistic equivalent is often considered to be the British national newspaper The Sun, the second-highest-selling European tabloid newspaper
Which means I have to do yet more checks before posting tweets/info from tweets (I must have confused it with Die Welt).

I wish for simpler times.

EDIT:

Let's use this as an example....

If I then said: "If this is true, then all hell is about to break loose.”

Should I be investigated?

EDIT 2:

A 15-year-old has been arrested by German police in connection with a knife attack that left three dead and five seriously wounded in the western city of Solingen late on Friday.

Police said the teenager was suspected of knowing about the planned attack and did not inform the authorities. However, the force said the 15-year-old was not the attacker.

As the hunt for the perpetrator intensified on Saturday afternoon, the police confirmed that “multiple knives” had been found. Officers are investigating whether one of the knives was used in the attack.

Markus Caspers, from the counterterrorism section of the public prosecutors office, said: “We have not been able to identify a motive for now, but in view of all of the circumstances, we are working under the assumption that the initial suspicion of a terrorist motive cannot be excluded.”

Last edited:
@HenrySwanson

No hostility, maybe a little intolerance.

I googled the story and searched Bild, and I didn't see anyone refering to it as terrorism... a word you went out of your way to put in quotes, yet (perhaps unusually) you didn't source the story, so to the casual observer, it's a terrorist incident... but it's you that inserted that piece of information, and for most European readers, Terrorism has a specific definition, therefore by you framing the story as terrorism, you're implying that this is ideology based.

Should your post be considered as anything more? It probably shouldn't. Though you've given anybody carte blanche to blame the group they most closely associate with terrorism, you didn't actually target any protected group. Is Germany rioting? Is there an intention to riot? Is any group being targeted by rioters? Is there any evidence that people read your post in any great numbers? was there any further incitement? Do you have prior?

As I said, read some sentencing remarks if you want to know what really gets you in hot water.

As for edit 2. Before my Mum died she was being treated by the infectious tropical diseases unit. At no stage did anyone think it was an infectious tropical disease, it was simply that they were best placed to treat her unknown condition. Did they rule out any infectious tropical diseases? No. Were there any on the death certificate, also no. Perhaps focus more on what you are implying, and less on what others may be.

aqybdwR_460s.jpg

Quack quack.

View attachment 1383707

Same article. Why would you only post part of it Dennisch?
Because I copy pasted the image before I could find the actual link. But here's a Reuters link, MatsiMonk.

Reuters

But this is standard practice of IS. Something that should be known by now. Scream first, add evidence later.

An Arab looking guy, shouting Allah Akbar, according to eye witnesses, goes around stabbing happy people in public. That's terrorism.

Last edited:
If you want a reasonable debate, you can retract that.

Edit.

Don't bother. I can't keep discussing Islam and terrorism with ostriches.

Last edited:
@HenrySwanson

No hostility, maybe a little intolerance.

I googled the story and searched Bild, and I didn't see anyone refering to it as terrorism... a word you went out of your way to put in quotes, yet (perhaps unusually) you didn't source the story, so to the casual observer, it's a terrorist incident... but it's you that inserted that piece of information, and for most European readers, Terrorism has a specific definition, therefore by you framing the story as terrorism, you're implying that this is ideology based.

Should your post be considered as anything more? It probably shouldn't. Though you've given anybody carte blanche to blame the group they most closely associate with terrorism, you didn't actually target any protected group. Is Germany rioting? Is there an intention to riot? Is any group being targeted by rioters? Is there any evidence that people read your post in any great numbers? was there any further incitement? Do you have prior?

As I said, read some sentencing remarks if you want to know what really gets you in hot water.

As for edit 2. Before my Mum died she was being treated by the infectious tropical diseases unit. At no stage did anyone think it was an infectious tropical disease, it was simply that they were best placed to treat her unknown condition. Did they rule out any infectious tropical diseases? No. Were there any on the death certificate, also no. Perhaps focus more on what you are implying, and less on what others may be.
Mail and Telegraph.

Some twitter accounts around that time too.

I'm sorry, but do you want concrete evidence I wasn't lying?

When I posted my last post I did a Google search "bild" and "terror" and saw the Mail and Telegraph articles. It looks like they've updated. At the time of the original post there were tweets as well as those pieces. Also, you can translate one of the Bild articles, but I'm not sure if that's been updated too (it referred to terror at the time) because I'm on mobile now.

Honestly, why are we debating this rather than....a stabbing that has claimed at least 3 lives? It's madness.

Mail and Telegraph.

Some twitter accounts around that time too.

When I posted my last post I did a Google search "bild" and "terror" and saw the Mail and Telegraph articles.
No link, and googling specifically for confirmation bias.

Evidence to support your claim was all I've asked for.
Honestly, why are we debating this rather than....a stabbing that has claimed at least 3 lives? It's madness.
Yes, yes... let's talk about the stabbing which is clearly terrorism, by ISIS... let's for a moment accept yours, and Dennisch's, suggestions are fact, what do you want to debate?

Evidence to support your claim was all I've asked for.

Yes, yes... let's talk about the stabbing which is clearly terrorism, by ISIS... let's for a moment accept yours, and Dennisch's, suggestions are fact, what do you want to debate?
you-dont-believe-me-chloe-decker.gif

Do you work for the Ministry of Truth?

I mean, this wasn't one of the things I saw at the time but I hope the timestamp is enough proof?

Now, can we move on? Or is there no discussion to be had? I know you think you're helping, but you really aren't.

We are at a constant war with terrorism. There's a video of a stabbing in Birmingham doing the rounds on Twitter that could be used to fan the flames of hate (it has graphic violence and swearing so search at your own risk). Ignoring the problem isn't going to make it disappear. I'm sorry, it just won't.

Last edited:

Common theme seems to be feelings about the Palestinian genocide.

This sort of thing has happened before when there has been a flare-up in the region.

European Union states reported six jihadist terrorist attacks in 2022, four of which were thwarted.

Islamic State is a much diminished force from a decade ago when it established a “caliphate” in the Middle East. But recent deadly attacks around the world, including in Russia, Turkey, Afghanistan and Iran, have pointed to a revival.

On New Year’s Eve, German police arrested three people suspected of plotting to attack Cologne’s cathedral that night. The suspects had links to someone with alleged ties to Isis who was already in custody.

@HenrySwanson you see how stupid people sharing news are?
I disagree - it's not stupidity.

It's best to now verify things before posting, which I'm presuming @Dennisch does after the misinformation about the Southport suspect, but that looks like a screengrab from the Guardian.

EDIT:

Last edited:
The Germans are reporting that it was an islamist from Austria with a big ol Mauser Gewehr 98 with a bayonet. Footage shows that it has quite the recoil.

NTV.de
There is a video on Twitter that appears to confirm the weapon at least, so am putting it here.

I wonder if it's related to these guys:

As the amount of propaganda has increased, reaching audiences far beyond Afghanistan's borders, so has the number of international attacks and planned attacks, posing a growing threat to Western security.

German officials recently said they have foiled planned IS-K attacks, as authorities in the country remain on high alert. In July, French officials said they uncovered several terrorist plots targeting the 2024 Paris Olympics. In the weeks leading up to the Games, IS-K's propaganda channels had published several posters inciting supporters to attack various locations in Paris during the event.

Back