Tesla Model X - Gullwing doored SUV, 762hp, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds

I bet you this thing probably will not get any action in any hardcore off-roading. This one probably looks to be along the lines of something like the Range Rover Evoque. The Tesla Model X is more like a "big car" version of the Model S to me. It's kind of like what the BMW X6 was like when it was released. Actually, I was one of few people that actually liked the X6 and even the recent BMW X4. So I know what the appeal of a "big car" is like. My only style recommendation is to put in a bit more aggression in its front design. Gorgeous machine, just make it a bit more aggressive. Red is an amazing color for the Model X.

So my final thoughts on the Model X- me likey. Me gusta.

I bet you this thing probably will not get any action in any hardcore off-roading. This one probably looks to be along the lines of something like the Range Rover Evoque. The Tesla Model X is more like a "big car" version of the Model S to me.

Like the Evoque, the Model X would be classed as a soft roader (that term is outdated, the term Crossover is more commonly used these days) which offers the on-road capability of a normal car with the styling of an SUV. If it has any advantages over a conventional car (so in this case, compared to the Model S), it will probably be better at handling flat loose surfaces, such as mud or gravel, and be less suspect to damage underneath the car.

Like the Evoque
That's probably a little unfair on the Evoque, as it'll actually do the off-road thing with some degree of capability. I'd suggest something else as an alternative comparison, but having recently tried a Mercedes GLC off-road - something you'd assume would get stuck on a pebble - and discovered it's actually surprisingly capable, I can't pick something that'd be genuinely useless off road with any degree of confidence.

Though the Model X does look like it might struggle. The Model X is realistically more like a minivan.

Yeah the Model X seems way more like a small people carrier than what they are describing it as, a crossover.

Possibly the first Model X crash, driver blames autopilot for suddenly accelerating the car. Tesla are investigating.

1-bl8t8xc.jpg

2-yi8xz1w-e1465220529341.jpg

3-1gw0no2.jpg

4-wflcpfg.jpg

http://electrek.co/2016/06/06/tesla-model-x-crashes-into-building-autonomously-accelerated/

EDIT - Tesla confirms the driver pressed the wrong pedal!

http://electrek.co/2016/06/06/tesla-model-x-crash-not-at-fault/

Last edited:
Surprise surprise: Human being worse at driving than a computer. If self-driving cars become the norm, we only have ourselves (as a species, rather than us specifically) to blame. People just can't stop doing dumb crap.

Surprise surprise: Human being worse at driving than a computer. If self-driving cars become the norm, we only have ourselves (as a species, rather than us specifically) to blame. People just can't stop doing dumb crap.

Yes but until then people will use the presence of such technology to deflect blame from themselves. I can already see that this is going to be the start of every accident being blamed on the cars 'smart' systems rather than user error. If this guy had a 'dumb' car who could he blame?!

Though as the story indicates, the presence of such technology makes it very easy to identify whether it was the driver who was in control at the time.

Back