Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown Available as Free Steam Demo Until June 17

• Thread starter Famine
  • 33 comments
I noticed there was one or a few time trials that can be played Single Player to practice.

I did ''A leisurely Stroll'' a couple of times to end up being able to add Level 15 car upgrades.

Played some more last night for about an hour and half, this time on controller rather than my sim rig. Demo ran much smoother this time, although there were still disconnects and my session ended with a crash to desktop. My overall impression can be summed up as "It's okay." There was nothing about the gameplay I found to be bad, but nothing really wowed me either. The driving physics do feel a little more on the sim side, mash the gas on the Mustang out of a corner in the rain and you will get a massive slide. The character customization stuff and being able to walk to the garage to get in your car is a nice touch.

Overall though, I didn't really see much reason to preorder this when I already have Horizon for open-world driving. Going to wait-and-see on this one, maybe even wait for a sale. I still think there's the potential for a good game here, but it needs more polish for sure. Also the lack of players I encountered is worrisome for an MMO-style game like this. I only got matched with a single player in the races once, and saw 2-3 others max in the social areas.

Back