• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
p4pb7754845.jpg

p4pb5710550.jpg

p4pb5710294.jpg

Pale Blue Dot

Pale_Blue_Dot.png

Carl Sagan
We succeeded in taking that picture [from deep space], and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Amazing perspective, ain't it? We seem to live on not-so-small planet, but then we come across a picture like that.

Also, I was no idea that a satellite made it to - or beyond - Pluto :embarrassed:

MazdaPrice
Pale Blue Dot

The first time I saw that pic was around a year ago when searching Wikipedia. :) Really amazing stuff - its so sobering once you realise how small and insignificant we really are (although we might want to think otherwise).

Pale blue dot is amazing. I love science :)

First thing that comes to mind is "If you can hear thunder, you're close enough to be struck by lightning."

M7PRN.jpg

And for all I know this is a repost given how many photos like this are in here, but here ya go

YraMk.jpg

Amazing perspective, ain't it? We seem to live on not-so-small planet, but then we come across a picture like that.

Also, I was no idea that a satellite made it to - or beyond - Pluto :embarrassed:

Probably something launched over 20 years ago.

Voyager. It was launched in 1977. So.. 35 years ago. And it's not long left the solar system.

Back