The Assetto Corsa Photo Thread

• Thread starter chromatic9
  • 9,294 comments
Hey is it just me, or is AC not really that impressive looking compared to the likes of Forza/GT?

I think in motion it trounces them, but it doesn't match up in photomode because it's just a real time snapshot whereas GT/Forza pause for a while to render extra Anti Aliasing, lighting etc. GT/Forza photos are not a representation of what the game looks like while you're playing, whereas Assetto Corsa is.

Take some real time snap shots of GT/Forza while playing and it's not a patch on Assetto Corsa, obviously because most PC's are more powerful than the consoles.

Screenshot_honda_nsxr_nord_snoopy_1.1_10-1-2015-12-55-11.jpg

Thought I would post this because I liked it. Used as a thumbnail in my latest video!

I think in motion it trounces them, but it doesn't match up in photomode because it's just a real time snapshot whereas GT/Forza pause for a while to render extra Anti Aliasing, lighting etc. GT/Forza photos are not a representation of what the game looks like while you're playing, whereas Assetto Corsa is.

Take some real time snap shots of GT/Forza while playing and it's not a patch on Assetto Corsa, obviously because most PC's are more powerful than the consoles.

I think PCARS will have both: the visuals AND the movement/data capture.

It was an intense race, I made up 45 places on the first two laps! There was still a field of 30 or so cars after 5 laps, the other 20 or so cars in the front half began to spread out by that point.

It was an intense race, I made up 45 places on the first two laps! There was still a field of 30 or so cars after 5 laps, the other 20 or so cars in the front half began to spread out by that point.
Do you know what all car mods were used in that race?

Okay, these last shots look good. 👍
You have to realize some of the content you see here is modded, and the quality varies quite a bit with much of it in beta v.<1.0. However, much of it is also excellent:eek::eek::eek:. One of my favourites is a scratch made track from the land Down Under (where women glow and men plunder:cheers:) called Barbagallo. One guy working alone made this track entirely from scratch!

full-19230-50226-screenshot_ginetta_g55_barbagallo_18_11_2014_23_44_14.jpg

I have to say I'm completely impressed with the volume and quality of work from AC modders so far, it has far exceeded my expectations. Did you know that this car was originally mod content, but was so good, the devs scooped it up for inclusion in the 1.0 release and will do the same shortly with the Miura?

754521d1405410865-sammelthread-assetto-corsa-screenshot_shelby_cobra_silverstone-international_15-7-2014-9-25-56.jpg

Last edited:
Back