The biking thread

@Greycap Did you try it? At first glance, I would guess that the angle-to-horizon of the mount is going to be all kinds of wrong running it backwards, but I could be wrong.

I don't have a classic bike and I kind of want one. Anyone know about Lemond bikes? This seems like a stonking great deal for an 853 frame & ultegra build, even if it is older.

lemond.JPG

Did you try it? At first glance, I would guess that the angle-to-horizon of the mount is going to be all kinds of wrong running it backwards, but I could be wrong.
I did indeed, and in this particular case you're wrong - the adjustment range of that post model is so crazily wide that there's probably a good five degrees or so of it still left. There's no way a two-bolt head (which is completely superior in every other scenario) could be used like that but this one actually works. Whether it looks weird or not is naturally in the eye of the beholder but I don't think it's THAT bad. The picture taken on my favourite photo bridge, it's wide enough to allow a 70 mm lens being used instead of the normal 24mm to reduce fisheyeing and has a nicely calm background.

And even if I say it myself, this, people, is how a bike that has done 13 years and probably closer to 10.000 miles, and has had every single part except the frame changed at least once, can still look when it has had a lot of thought put into it and I'm certainly proud of it even after all these years - in fact even more now than when it was new. Several people have asked if it's one of the 650B semi plus sized models, no, it's a very old school 26er but looks pretty proportionate thanks to the slenderly built frame and the relatively slack head tube for its era.

camber020724.png

Impressive sprint by the Manx Missile today. The man still has it, outgunning everyone by a comfortable margin. I'm sure Eddy Merckx will remain unimpressed, but a record is a record.

Back