The Crew Motorfest - Cross progression question

• Thread starter breyzipp
  • 3 comments
Belgium
Lokeren
breyzipp
breyzipp
Hi folks, is there anyone that has The Crew Motorfest on multiple systems and uses cross progression?

I pre-ordered Motorfest Ultimate Edition back in the days so I have all the pre-order content, Ultimate edition and Year 1 content on Xbox. Now I plan to move playing on PS5 as well in the future. If I would buy the base edition of Motorfest for PS5, will I be able to enjoy all that pre-order and ultimate edition content (like the Supra GR LBWK, the Hellcat Widebody and Chevy Chevelle) on PS5 as well? Or will my garage lack those cars each time I play on PS5 but have them each time I play on Series X?

Diablo 4 handles this beautifully by the way, there I also preordered the Ultimate edition for Series X and many months later I bought the base version for PC. So on PC I also have all the Ultimate and preorder content which I bought on Series X, so it’s truly 100% cross progression of what’s on my Blizzard game account.

Well I did get it for PS5 as well, that’s for the anticipation of the PS5 Pro. Meanwhile I gave it a try on my PS4 Pro. Initial impressions compared to Xbox Series X :

* Loading times are so sloooooooooow lol. That makes me look very much forward to GT7 on PS5 Pro as well since it will no doubt be a lot faster than on my PS4 Pro as well. ☺️

* 2 vehicles didn’t sync properly but I already guessed/knew which ones it were. The preorder LBWK Supra but that’s no biggie since it’s available to buy with normal in-game credits as well I saw. What didn’t sync though is that yellow R8 Spyder Motorfest Edition, but that makes sense since it was bought directly from the Xbox store (I didn’t check but I assume those Crew Credits didn’t sync either).

* For the rest all cars synced nicely. Even cars bought directly from the Xbox Store for TC2 that then synced to TCM. So basically everything from TC2 that synced to TCM Xbox also synced to TCM PS4/5 it seems.

* All vanity items have been synced as well although initially I was missing 10 rooftop vanities, but hopping in and out of each game (TC2 XSX, TCM XSX, TCM PS4) eventually made it sync properly.

* Live Summit progressions syncs nicely between TCM XSX and TCM PS4.

* Now the big surprise…. The TCM Custom show is separate! I currently have a different car with different votes on XSX (Creators Tempesta with 11 votes last time I checked) compared to PS4 (Creators DeLorean Outadrift with 5 votes). That’s quite interesting, let’s see how collecting those rewards will turn out on Wednesday, I’ll be platinum on XSX so I’ll collect that first, but it would be funny if I can double dip and get some rewards on PS4 again as well.

Will keep you guys posted how it goes.

I find this cross progression stuff quite fascinating, here is some more checks i did between TCM on XSX and PS4 Pro and what syncs and doesn't sync :

* Player level, player clothing, bucks, spare parts, Summit points & rank, Mainstage progression levels & XP numbers, Map discovery, Playlist completion and challenges, Fast Fav vehicles, even the selected avatar clothes / active vehicle when you log out all sync flawlessly between both platforms. Switching over from one platform to the other also goes super fast. This is not like FM or FH4/5 where you still get a "you are logged in somewhere else" even minutes after you exit the game on XSX or PC and switch over to the other platform.

* Crew Credits work interesting. On PS4 Pro I had 20.000 CC and when I check my in-game challenge progression there are indeed 5 playlist challenges where I unlocked the 4.000 CC so that matches perfectly (that was all done on XSX btw). On XSX I have now 124.750 CC but I did buy that Audi R8 Spyder MotorFest Bundle with the 220.000 CC there a while ago. So I guess CC exists of 2 'pools', one shared between platforms of what you unlocked in-game, and then one specific for each platform for what you bought from the store on that platform. So that means my 124.750 CC on XBox is actually 104.750 CC left over from that 220.000 CC I bought from the store, and 20.000 CC I got from challenges (that same 20.000 CC I see on the PS4 Pro).

* The Audi R8 Spyder MotorFest Edition (from CC bundle) and Toyota GT Supra LBWK Edition (from preorder) show up in my PS4 Pro garage cars but with a lock symbol. The Supra I can just buy for Bucks, the R8 I would have to buy from that bundle (again, but this time on the PS store). When I log off on XSX wih the R8 Spyder MotorFest Edition or the Supra LBWK Edition and then log on with PS4 Pro, the game puts me in the BMW Z4 Motorfest Edition (which was my starter car).

* The preorder clothes (LBWK Edition hoodie, pants and cap) are the only clothing items missing. If I put those on on Xbox and then switch to PS4, the game puts me back in my initial starter clothes I selected back then. :)

* Even though CC can be locked to the platform you bought them from, items you buy in-game from that CC is available on all platforms. For example I bought the Iridescent Purple Tint with CC from that Audi RS Avant Yiannimize Edition bundle a while ago. Well that window tint is just available on PS4 Pro for me as well. Bottom line seems to be that only the CC you buy from the store is platform locked to the store you got it from, but once you buy in-game items with that CC, those in-game items become available everywhere.

* Basically after having bought the Ultimate edition as pre-order on XSX last year and now buying the Ultimate Edition again on PS4/PS5, the only thing that's lacking is the Liberty Walk Preorder pack. And then there is that Audi R8 Spyder MotorFest Edition from the 220.000 CC bundle, if I want that on PS4/5 as well I'd have to buy that bundle there as well. It's actually not such a big deal since that bundle is basically a silver pack CC bundle (same cost for same CC) but just with the R8 added as well.

For now, I've double dipped enough TCM. Now bring on that PS5 Pro preorder :)

Back