The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,773 comments
ザ クルー:モーターフェス_20240903045715.jpg

I heard that the update improved stability a lot, so I've been working on the livery editor for the first time in almost a year, except for bug checks.
It's definitely a lot more stable, and I've only had one crash in the past few days.
I should have been able to do this around this time last year, but I'm glad I can still do what I wanted to do.

But... why did they make the stamp tool in the livery editor the opposite of the livery editor in other games?

For example, in Forza, GT, and HWU2, if you stamp a text decal of "A" and then repeatedly replace it with another decal such as "B" or "C," it naturally becomes a layout like "ABCDEFGH...". This makes it easy to manage layers and is intuitive.

But for some reason, when you do the same thing in Motorfest, the order is reversed, like "HGFEDCBA...".
This often leads to confusion in managing layers, and is actually the opposite of intuitive operation.
If they could fix to the "correct" orientation in the update, this tool would be much easier to use.

Something seems to be wrong with the BMW clothing promotion. The outfit I got trough e-mail has become unavailable.
79068ecd-a0aa-4817-8ecf-50fda3c9634b_Thumbnail.PNG
Quite some people that managed to get the item talked to IVT on Twitter to tell them they have the same error when trying to equip this as well.

Looks like September will be pretty quiet. Theme is Yiannimize custom wraps. Here you can find some info for the next week.
That Yianni Lambo looks like your typical Custom Show winner. 🤣
21-year-old-youtuber-s-lamborghini-aventador-gets-tron-legacy-look-photo-gallery-92739_1.jpg

This week’s summit is weird. I only got 3 votes in total! 2 of myself and someone else in between. But I’m still ranked 3704 so it seems I will get platinum with just 3 votes this week. Crazy wacky stuff, they need to fix custom show urgently IMO

This week’s summit is weird. I only got 3 votes in total! 2 of myself and someone else in between. But I’m still ranked 3704 so it seems I will get platinum with just 3 votes this week. Crazy wacky stuff, they need to fix custom show urgently IMO
hehe i have 6 this week its been that for days i keep trying to self vote but no joy :banghead: on a fun note i just did the first 2 offroading races in the new series in the monster trucks nice places to level them up 👆 that 2nd race is cool 😎

The voting thing is completely ****ed.
Sometimes self voting works after someone voted for you, sometimes it doesn't.
I don't understand why this is still an issue.

The voting thing is completely ****ed.
Sometimes self voting works after someone voted for you, sometimes it doesn't.
I don't understand why this is still an issue.
Perhaps rather than cursing out the game over something as trivial as a vanity item, reflect on why you have attached FOMO to it. Its quite tiring reading these repeated posts about self voting, which is truly self defeating. This gameplay mechanic should be about celebrating good design, not desperately feening for furry dice for your ride. The Summits are poorly implemented (with cheating the norm), so why attach emotion to it, the anger should be directed at Ubisoft for monetizing vanity items instead.

Sadly, like many other live service game developers, they only get serious about fixing it if a large number of players benefit from the glitch or flaw.

This has happened in many cases over the past year.

Feats that farm parts faster? Nerf them now. Certain events are very efficient at earning parts/bucks/XP? Nerf them now.

Some players are trying to get certain players banned by abusing the UGC reporting system? They won't fix that.

The livery editor is completely broken? "We don't care because this only affects a small number of players who use the livery editor very actively (this is a bit of an exaggeration, but it's pretty much what the UBI moderator said on Discord)."

It's sad, but that's modern video games.

If you want developers to fix a specific issue quickly, you need to find a way for players to use it to their advantage. Otherwise, it will just be ignored.

Last edited:
Perhaps rather than cursing out the game over something as trivial as a vanity item, reflect on why you have attached FOMO to it. Its quite tiring reading these repeated posts about self voting, which is truly self defeating. This gameplay mechanic should be about celebrating good design, not desperately feening for furry dice for your ride. The Summits are poorly implemented (with cheating the norm), so why attach emotion to it, the anger should be directed at Ubisoft for monetizing vanity items instead.
Honestly, it's not about FOMO. 99% of the stuff there is not my cup of tea. But sometimes it is. And a feature that worked fine for over a year but is now somehow broken and no one knows how it is supposed to work and Ubisoft not responding, is kind of lame.
I like TCM and I'll continue to play, drive and race.

Honestly, it's not about FOMO. 99% of the stuff there is not my cup of tea. But sometimes it is. And a feature that worked fine for over a year but is now somehow broken and no one knows how it is supposed to work and Ubisoft not responding, is kind of lame.
Sadly, like many other live service game developers, they only get serious about fixing it if a large number of players benefit from the glitch or flaw.
Its systematical problem with service games. AAA game devs still developing service games like traditional AAA games with DLCs, but GAAS model means that development process should be more like in MMOs with weekly small patching.

Last edited:
I hear you, its just a shame these items are held behind a paywall / making you try to duke a system that should be purely about creativity. I echo you're sentiments on TCM its kept me entertained even a year later its a daily drive for me, im eager for the year 2 video stream today (hope it has some surprises).

To be honest, I didn't have high expectations until the showcase actually started. Maui and the Chase Squad had already been announced, and I thought it would just be boring to see them again.
But the actual showcase far exceeded my guess and even my hopes, with the content being 100/100.

Chase Squad is a further evolution of TC2's intercept mission, and looks like it will be as fun as NFSHP. And helicopters! There have been rumors of the revival of this category for some time. However, I never thought they would bring this back as a machine to be used in Chase Squad. I was really surprised.

Skyline R33 R32 is coming too. ❤️
Offline mode for both is a huge plus. Wasn't sure they could manage it and am very happy. #stopkillinggames backlash was necessary after all.

Edit: Happy birthday Motorfest. 🎉

Edit2: R32... it's the R32...

Last edited:
Maui looks great cant wait for november, there's some nice titbits in the video today. Being able to access the game offline, the prestige ticket to get the old prize items, and the questionnaire about what improvements are needed is very positive.

Ok confession time folks we are one year in... how many hours have you played TCM? Im ashamed to say 727 hours lol

Maui looks great cant wait for november, there's some nice titbits in the video today. Being able to access the game offline, the prestige ticket to get the old prize items, and the questionnaire about what improvements are needed is very positive.

Ok confession time folks we are one year in... how many hours have you played TCM? Im ashamed to say 727 hours lol
Prestige ticket? How do we obtain one of these, please? :drool:

Prestige ticket? How do we obtain one of these, please? :drool:
Just replay events and then spend them on vanity items / cars it was only briefly mentioned in the video. Takes the sting out of missing things first time around.

It's also confirmed TCM / GT7 will have PS5 Pro optimisations, some good news today.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back