The General Airplane Thread

• Thread starter Crash
  • 2,744 comments
The video actually has a Bell 430 in it judging by the website you provided Swagger. I work with S76s so I know one when I see them :dopey:
Yes but their fleet has 76's with them. And the paint scheme matches, as well as the fact that it's in NY.

Yes 👍 Not sure those tiny flaps help a lot..

I know the Battlefield franchise has a very unrealistic depiction of aircraft, but in all gameplay I've seen, the flaps open up like clamshells when the pilot is making a hard maneuver.

I got a chance today to get close to the ANA Boeing 777-300ER in the Stars Wars BB-8 Livery making its first landing at my local airport:

Great video! Love the livery. :lol:

I thought firetrucks only sprayed water over planes that were about to be retired. :odd:

Dan
Great video! Love the livery. :lol:

I thought firetrucks only sprayed water over planes that were about to be retired. :odd:
Thanks Dan. This airport seems to do it for any kind of special occasion, 2 years ago they did it for the startup of Air China service to the airport.

Nice to see, but dude..... let go of the zoom button!!!! :eek: Or edit the zooms out and use dissolves.

I know that's raw video, not "production," but I'm dizzy sitting here.... :lol:

2805594.jpg

2806048.jpg

2804208.jpg

2800927.jpg

2806959.jpg

2807116.jpg

2807092.jpg

2807068.jpg

Nice to see, but dude..... let go of the zoom button!!!! :eek: Or edit the zooms out and use dissolves.

I know that's raw video, not "production," but I'm dizzy sitting here.... :lol:

Indeed, I get too distracted trying to focus on detail shots instead of keeping everything smooth and calm.

bujhuahrivj2lqo4lsdv.jpg

jbbbwvhi7a9rej7tf2rg.jpg

mgjg6so4kb7ovospfwvj.jpg

"Su-24s scream over the USS Donald Cook while operating in the Baltic Sea. Photo credits US Navy"

The aggressive maneuvers by Russian aircraft occurred both Monday and Tuesday. A Navy press release states that the events began after the USS Donald Cook left the Polish port of Gdynia on Monday. That afternoon a Polish helicopter was training with the destroyer when an Su-24 showed up. The jet would perform no less than 20 passes near the ship. This caused the USSDonald Cook to end flight operations.

The next day the Donald Cook was approached by a Ka-27 Helix helicopter which made seven flights over the ship, taking photographs while doing so. Not long after Su-24s arrived on the scene and began their simulated attacks, making 11 runs in all.

The Russian aircraft were radioed throughout their time near the Donald Cookin both Russian and English. There was no response.

06bee24d247c4d7785bc41ea6ba908115c84a7493567d9d2c4a8924884990b4d.jpg

*Sigh* Why are they doing this again...

Nice photos by the crew by the way.

EDIT: I guess we'll be hearing the news that the ship's crew now had enough brick to build a wall and all of them had quit their job.

This is what a Phalanx CIWS would be doing to those jets - or anything that flies up on it - if it were active. Those guys had a lot of brass to be flying that close and not responding to radio calls...

This is what a Phalanx CIWS would be doing to those jets - or anything that flies up on it - if it were active. Those guys had a lot of brass to be flying that close and not responding to radio calls...

Nah they didn't have a lot of anything, the U.S. wouldn't act until acted upon. It's like the idea I was taught growing up as a kid, if someone is picking on you calling you names, and just being a general jerk it's not provocation for me to floor them. However, when they actually show a sign of true force (push, punch or whatever) then I can floor them. Same idea here, and more so considering what is at stake. It's just Russian's probably playing a game of dare with each other.

Also considering the type of hardware U.S. destroyers are getting these days you'd have to be dumber than a box of rocks to attack one and think you're getting out alive.

I got a chance today to get close to the ANA Boeing 777-300ER in the Stars Wars BB-8 Livery making its first landing at my local airport:

I need a model of this plane. I'll be keeping an eye on the Gemini Jets website...

There's that "need/want" confusion again that I fought with my kids about for so many years! :lol:

You need food and oxygen. You want the model of the jet! :P

(But I need a 500 or 600 mm lens for my bird shooting.....)

Back