• Thread starter syntex123
  • 97 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY

Original Livery of Volkswagen Scirocco Gr. 4
Base Colour: Y3 Candy Met.
Enjoy!!!

I second them : it is a very nice livery and it really is what I wanted to see with this theme as you used different masking techniques for a very clean result. Top work.

FINAL ENTRY
Base Paint: GW1 colorshift
Here is my entry for this fortnights competition.
I had fun making this masked livery even tho I did not really do any very complicated masking (like some other entries here), this is very basic indeed with only about a dozen heavily skewed in-game shapes making up the black and green masking and only two inverted decals, Yamaha within the side masking and the obligatory GTPlanet rear wing. :lol:
The livery also really looks fantastic in many of the other special base colours and it was tough deciding which to use.
The whole idea is based on my Gaming PC and my 20 year old Hi-fi from Yamaha who make amazing audio equipment.

:D

EDIT: 08/05 18:00 .. New media added because I noticed a few things out of place with some projection settings on the masking and have also re-contoured the masking line better/closer to the ridge atop the rear quarter and added a few small extra things.

Last edited:
Hey guys I made this for the contest but I think I just realized it might not be legal due to the lack of masking, the only real masking is in the sponsor decals. But I'll let you guys call it before I make it a final entry.

It looks so good though!

It looks good but it is reeeeeally borderline with the rules. Considering the date, I’ll let this go, people will judge in the poll.

Ok guys, two days left ! We already saw great liveries, but I’m still waiting for @MatskiMonk, @uccio21, @danhighway, @ghostrider135, @DigitalBaka, @LaSupra and @Raphaele entries !

Maybe @Azabear6 and @RacingManiac will have a go too ? It’s your kind of work !

Ya know what @Cytoria I think your right. I want that Cayman to look a little rebellious, not be a rebel. haha, let's keep a postive view of it.
I got an older design up my sleeve that actually fits the bill perfectly. I was hesitant about posting that one cause it was older but of all my liveries that car has the second most amount of time put into it. It's worth putting in the spotlight again. I'll post it soon once I have fresh pictures of it.

It looks good but it is reeeeeally borderline with the rules. Considering the date, I’ll let this go, people will judge in the poll.

Ok guys, two days left ! We already saw great liveries, but I’m still waiting for @MatskiMonk, @uccio21, @danhighway, @ghostrider135, @DigitalBaka, @LaSupra and @Raphaele entries !

I would see also a fictional livery by @CroxSkin, he did a good job the last round

Last edited:
Final entry

Ford Mustang gt3 Blancpain endurance Dawsan racing team

Base colour: W1 chrome

The ispiration come from Sean Bull design Mercedes and Dawson racing transformers team.
I tried in the past a transformers livery for the 4c but I failed, when I see the Sean Bull Akka AMG I had the inspiration.
The hardest part was to made the side mask with chrome, was not a simple masking because I had to combine two different logos and a black shape. Was something I never made before and I learn while doing the mask, this was a big challenge for me but I'm happy because I learn and improve so much my skills with svg softwere.
The white outline is ispired by the transformers head and typical line, expecially roof and hood.

I probably won't be entering this round. I haven't even thought of an idea for a livery and I've been sucked into a vortex of Yakuza games with no end in sight. :scared:

Final entry

Ford Mustang gt3 Blancpain endurance Dawsan racing team

Base colour: W1 chrome

The ispiration come from Sean Bull design Mercedes and Dawson racing transformers team.
I tried in the past a transformers livery for the 4c but I failed, when I see the Sean Bull Akka AMG I had the inspiration.
The hardest part was to made the side mask with chrome, was not a simple masking because I had to combine two different logos and a black shape. Was something I never made before and I learn while doing the mask, this was a big challenge for me but I'm happy because I learn and improve so much my skills with svg softwere.
The white outline is ispired by the transformers head and typical line, expecially roof and hood.

Great work with your decals indeed. The surrounding of the rear lights is also very well made and clean.

I’ve downloaded it to have a closer look, so many details on it.

FINAL ENTRY

Alpinestars Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Roadcar
Base Paint: Y2 Liquid met. (Chrome Gold)

Kept working on this livery for almost two weeks. The idea was to cut graphic elements out of a gradient.
Turned out to be a tough job. You better not try it by yourself. ;)

Since Italy (sadly) did not succeed to enter the FIFA 2018 World Championship,
as a tribute I wanted to use a star-shaped logo (for WC champs) as a pattern
on a gold-painted car of any Italian manufacturer.
I decided to go with the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Roadcar, which I fell in love with from the first time I had the chance to drive it virtually.
And for the stars I used the Alpinestars logo as a pattern.

“Azzurro” means light blue.
"La squadra azzurra" means the Italian National Team with their blue jerseys I terribly will miss in the upcoming World Championship.
Italy always has been a serious opponent and a potential champion.
And they do and always did create wonderful and beautiful driving machines.

Link to livery at gran-turismo.com

<>

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Alpinestars Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Roadcar
Base Paint: Chrome Gold

Kept working on this livery for almost two weeks. The idea was to cut graphic elements out of a gradient.
Turned out to be a tough job. You better not try it by yourself. ;)

Since Italy (sadly) did not succeed to enter the FIFA 2018 World Championship,
as a tribute I wanted to use a star-shaped logo (for WC champs) as a pattern
on a gold-painted car of any Italian manufacturer.
I decided to go with the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Roadcar, which I fell in love with from the first time I had the chance to drive it virtually.
And for the stars I used the Alpinestars logo as a pattern.

“Azzurro” means light blue.
"La squadra azzurra" means the Italian National Team with their blue jerseys I terribly will miss in the upcoming World Championship.
Italy always has been a serious opponent and a potential champion.
And the do and always did create wonderful and beautiful driving machines.

Link to livery at gran-turismo.com

<>

Serious competitor for the win here, and I'm not saying it because I'm italian. This is awesome :drool::drool::drool:

Looks like the same thing I did, placing a gradient decal, I might be wrong though. :lol:

EDIT: Added a bonus pic to my entry.

Last edited:
Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Next 100 years Inspired BMW VGT...

Yellow Purple colourshift with premade cracked pattern filled in white with additional triangles to stitch them together. Based on the 2016 tribute livery in the DTM.

I'm not gonna lie, I had a lot of ideas but no time, so this'll have to do... sorry!​
You got nothing to worry about. It looks amazing. :)

FINAL ENTRY

Cruz Ramirez!

Color: B7 Chrome

Ever since I saw Cars 3 I knew I had to make Cruz in video games. She has great character and the movie is such a great story!

This design wasn't an easy one at the time. Mostly due to this being my first experimentation with GT Sport's SVG's. And then seeing what could be made with GT Sport's pre-existing shapes. The Dinoco logo and text were Svgs. The Dinosaur and number 51 were each made by hand in game. GTS's shapes are actually really great! Much better than forza, the detail your capable of is stellar!

This chrome really pops and looks great racing in the daytime. Fits Cruz's colors really well. It's an amazing car.

Now if only I could get her to handle well over 600hp! This game really needs a Camaro with some aero on it!

FINAL ENTRY

Next 100 years Inspired BMW VGT...

Yellow Purple colourshift with premade cracked pattern filled in white with additional triangles to stitch them together. Based on the 2016 tribute livery in the DTM.

I'm not gonna lie, I had a lot of ideas but no time, so this'll have to do... sorry!​
It's awesome, but I'd put another bonus pic in a daily environment, the shiretoko thingy kinda kills the colorshift effect on the decals, and the night shot (while very nice) doesn't do it the proper justice either :)

I'll see if time permits to get photos in the required format etc mate. Appreciate you thinking of me definitely my bag this one.

Bollocks! been away from GT for a while (Planet and game) and the closing date is today, not going to rush one just for the sake of it.

Congrats Cytoria btw on your last win, the poll thread is closed so couldn't post it there.

Bit of a technically challenging round this one so I guess that's why the entries are far less than the previous rounds.

The Porsche by im2fst4txtspk :lol: jk looks awesome but by his own admission it's barely done with masking techniques at all (you shouldn't have told us :D)

So for me it's down to two.

Good luck everyone.

FINAL ENTRY

This is my entry and very first try at Masking using the GT sport livery editor on a Mercedes AMG GT3. I have never tried this before so hope you like them. As requested in the trules I have taken the snow shots, and also an extra shot.

Attachments

• Blaupunkt AMG Additional front shot.jpg
    Blaupunkt AMG Additional front shot.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Blaupunkt AMG front shot.jpg
    Blaupunkt AMG front shot.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Blaupunkt AMG rear shot.jpg
    Blaupunkt AMG rear shot.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 161
FINAL ENTRY

This is my entry and very first try at Masking using the GT sport livery editor on a Mercedes AMG GT3. I have never tried this before so hope you like them. As requested in the trules I have taken the snow shots, and also an extra shot.

Down to 3 now 👍

FINAL ENTRY

If this is your first try, I wonder what the next ones would look !

Can you share the link to it or the tags ?

@Stephen220378, sorry I forgot to mention you and @Hayden in my previous post. Hopefully you will enter the new one !

If this is your first try, I wonder what the next ones would look !

Can you share the link to it or the tags ?

@Stephen220378, sorry I forgot to mention you and @Hayden in my previous post. Hopefully you will enter the new one !

Just heading to bed here in Canada, so pardon my ignorance for asking, but when I uploaded the images is there something that I didn't complete that caused the tags not too show? If so can you let me know so I can fix it in the morning when I get up. Thanks

Dave

Just heading to bed here in Canada, so pardon my ignorance for asking, but when I uploaded the images is there something that I didn't complete that caused the tags not too show? If so can you let me know so I can fix it in the morning when I get up. Thanks

Dave

The pics are fine. I asked for the in-game link to your gallery so I can download and see your livery closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back