• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 78 comments

Cytoria

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we are going wild. Last winner @Raphaele set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

The intention of this theme is not to cover pure competition cars. Let’s go with show cars, art cars and promotion vehicles. Visit your garage and select a car with an animalistic expression. Use any shapes and decals – in-game and own creations – that fit this intention and wrap the car in a livery that fits the respective animal. You also may come up with a message (e.g. »Save Wildlife«) if you like. It's up to you.

I don’t want to see race numbers or sponsor decals as long as they don’t have any animalistic reference. I do prefer cars with an animal in the model name or manufacturer name (e.g. Cobra, Mustang, Jaguar) or manufacturer logo (e.g. Ferrari, Lamborghini). But that’s not a requirement for your entry, just an appreciated option.

CARS :

- No restrictions.

LIVERIES :
-Any with an animalistic inspiration.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- No typical competition liveries.
- Feel completely free.

BONUS PICTURES SETTINGS :
- Up to three bonus pictures
- One must show the animal-car in a fitting natural environment (forest, beach, water, mountains, desert, ice/snow, jungle etc.).

USER MADE DECALS :
- Allowed.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post one bonus picture in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 3 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE

May 29, 2019 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Well this is going to be a challenge, guess I'm gonna have to do some serious thinking for this one!

Hello again guys,

after your last competition and a lot of awesome Supra Liveries, i am more and more thinking about to join your competitions.
Taking my first steps here, i am pretty sure that i won't make a final entry to this one (maybe next competition), but i still would like to hear opinions as well as to make sure i understand the criteria right.

So according to the competition description, this would fit?

Buzzracer_Aston_Martin_Vantage_V12.jpg

If you have any tips or suggestions i would really like to hear them!

Cheers Wookie

@NaketWookie ,

According to these rules :

The intention of this theme is not to cover pure competition cars. Let’s go with show cars, art cars and promotion vehicles.
I don’t want to see race numbers or sponsor decals as long as they don’t have any animalistic reference.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- No typical competition liveries.

Your proposition is too « racing » for the ideas @Raphaele is looking for. The honeycomb and the bee fit the them, though.

It would be a pleasure to have you in, for this theme or the next one!

@Cytoria Thank you for the reply

I was already aware of the "Competition Cars" thing and expected that ;-)

If i understand the Sponsor thing with "animalistic reference" right, it means no MOTUL, NGK, etc. but the "Buzzracer B&H Hornet" would be fine for this competition, right? (Sideplates of rear wing)

I have to admit, i have no clue what "typical competition liveries" means :-(

Thanks for helping me to understand.

@Cytoria Thank you for the reply
I have to admit, i have no clue what "typical competition liveries" means :-(

Welcome to the club my fellow countryman. Typical competition liveries use to display - besides a race number - a main team sponsor, mandatory sponsor decals of a respective event and secondary sponsor decals such as suppliers of tyres, wheels, aero parts, electric equipment, fuel and lubricants.
Any decal with reference to an animal is fine, such as "Mobil Oil Pegasus", "Esso Tiger", Greyhound Lines, or Jack Wolfskin. Also an animal in the name is fine, such as "CAT - Caterpillar". Take a look at Disney's "Nemo", Dumbo", "Mickey", Goofy". You also may feel free to create a fantasy logo such as dragon, worm, rat, louse, bumble-bee or teddy bear…
Be creative and have fun! :gtpflag:

- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

I'm kinda having a bit of a problem with these locations at the moment. My livery is quite dark in terms of the colours used and the reflections in these areas are obscuring the livery's design. I could powder-ify the thing but I kinda don't want to because of how odd it looks. May I be permitted to use another location, either through Scapes or in a race, that allows the livery to be more visible?

I'm kinda having a bit of a problem with these locations at the moment. My livery is quite dark in terms of the colours used and the reflections in these areas are obscuring the livery's design. I could powder-ify the thing but I kinda don't want to because of how odd it looks. May I be permitted to use another location, either through Scapes or in a race, that allows the livery to be more visible?

- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

@LaSupra ,

Shiretoko doesn’t look so bad. Plus, in this particular round you are allowed to use three bonus pictures which have no restrictions (instead of one usually).

So you have plenty of options to showcase your livery the way it deserves!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

went full Bull on this one, I don't have much time to dedicate to the comp but I did not want to miss out. I adore the Diablo so I just wanted to push a bull themed, simple, golden livery. Enhancing the gold from the OG Diablo yellow just seemed like the right thing to do. Decadence

View media item 50258View media item 50259
livery here if you want it

Okay, now I have the problem again.. I previously had the idea to make liveries about a species/animal form and wanted to post them here. But I discovered the English translation is making it a bit awkward for me !

With this LEC is was forgotten about the idea I had before and started to do research (seeking for images to use to make the livery) and nothing happenend yet. Started with the base colours and want to make some translucent decals to match the animal's life form. Then (now) the bell rang, something odd was going on with this bird. Seeking for (in Dutch) Koolmees English.

Yes, I instantly knew it again. How can I compete in this LEC with one of the nicest bird 'liveries' without being kicked or banned from GTplanet because of the bird's 'name' ? :D

Hmm, I think I'll use his roman name, that would do it..

Okay, now I have the problem again.. I previously had the idea to make liveries about a species/animal form and wanted to post them here. But I discovered the English translation is making it a bit awkward for me !

With this LEC is was forgotten about the idea I had before and started to do research (seeking for images to use to make the livery) and nothing happenend yet. Started with the base colours and want to make some translucent decals to match the animal's life form. Then (now) the bell rang, something odd was going on with this bird. Seeking for (in Dutch) Koolmees English.

Yes, I instantly knew it again. How can I compete in this LEC with one of the nicest bird 'liveries' without being kicked or banned from GTplanet because of the bird's 'name' ? :D

Just don't say the name, make the livery and post it saying it's "The Bird". Because everybody knows that the bird is the word.

Just don't say the name, make the livery and post it saying it's "The Bird". Because everybody knows that the bird is the word.

Just like Strax said, just say « the bird » because even if I think that using the actual name won’t be offensive in this case, we have so many languages that we wouldn’t understand what bird it is.

Don’t forget to add a reference picture in your accompanying post.

1. Let me please explain again: This theme is not only about recreating an animal on a car's body. It might be also about creating a race car with an animalistic look very well. It's up to your own point of view.

2. @YukinoSuzuka - I really like the bird's name "Koolmees" (Kohlmeise in German). Looking forward to your entry.

FINAL ENTRY

Koolmees Racing

The reference koolmees
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Koolmees racing (Koolmees rimes fonetic on race) !

We've a lot of these little fellows in our garden. Lovely creatures with beautiful 'paintings' on their feathers. Like I've said earlier, I had this idea earlier and wanted to do something with it. But this livery costed me around 8 hours to make, all the layers to make it more natural instead of using the plain colours I wanted a natural look without hard straight lines. I liked the lower body of this bird and wanted the yellow + black/blue stripe feautured in the livery, so decided to do it this way.

The body category contains over 230 layers, hood around 70 I believe. :D Most satisfying part was the wing part, every white line is a single layer, then the brown, purple and grey to the rear end of the car.

Will upload a better bonus shot in his natural habbitat (which could be a concrete jungle to be honest) and probably an livery update if the car is looking better in a different finish like semi gloss or matt.

Have to give someone credits. Thank you Pon-P for this very usefull pattern !

Last edited:
Is it a snake? Is it some kind of weird mad toad or is it a prehistoric Silliussoddus Rex?

The experts are all baffled, but one things for sure, this cold-blooded mother can move.

Used a colour shift paint for the base. Never used any of my own decals for this one, instead downloaded 3 reptile type patterns. Swore, cursed & pleaded getting them to sit nice with one another. Also used the in game gradient decals to tidy things up & give it some body.

Hope you like.

Link to the livery. https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/3122578/1/8584508573529178144

Cheers
Kidney

Last edited:
Has anyone else had an issue with decals uploading in the last few days via the GT livery uploader, several I have done have turned up as a '?' and I have no idea why been doing the same process with Inkscape as I always have?

Back