The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #15 (So Wrong, it's Right!) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 76 comments
PSX_20221011_154658.jpg

So Vegas it hurts! FINAL ENTRY!

Last edited:
Last edited:
There's a solid chance that the Chevrolet Viper GTS.7-R is just so wrong that it's absolutely wrong, but it'll be interesting to see where people draw the line. I can't even see the line...

... but doesn't the Viper work well in yellow? :D

Last edited:
When I saw the theme, I knew I had to try something for this contest. I just wasn't sure what to do though. There were plenty of livery swaps I thought of, but I don't have the time or skills to replicate more intricate real-life liveries. I thought of some of the possible weird/cursed sponsorship combinations, but nothing that popped into my head sounded good. I honed in on the "cursed" part and thought "what would the high-class, sophisticated, purist hate seeing put on a nice car?" and then I suddenly remembered the whole thing with deadmau5 and his 458 in 2014. For those unaware, he dubbed it the "Purrari" and put Nyan Cat on the car, as well as replacing the Ferrari logos with cat logos and the Ferrari text logos with Purrari logos. Ferrari didn't take too kindly to the logo replacement and sued him.

purrari 2.jpg
purrari 1.jpeg

So, given that the manufacturer, the "most pure" of the purists since they made it, was mad at this, I decided to go this route. This idea planted in my head, and I decided to create a wild scenario of: "What if, instead of suing deadmau5, Ferrari whole-heartedly embraced it, so much so that they turned the Purrari into the official livery of the AFCorse GTE Pro 458? and allowed it to be a deadmau5 sponsored car?"

The livery itself isn't based on any one AFCorse #51 livery. I only had 488 GTE stripe patterns available for use (my vector skills aren't good enough to make my own 458 ones), and I referred to the sponsors seen on various liveries seen on the AFCorse #51 GTE car throughout its life as a 458 GT2 to come up with the final design.

FINAL ENTRY
PS4 Pro

This one probably isn't as 'wrong' as it could be, given the Cap's resemblance to a Viper that shrunk in the wash, but I thought it'd be a giggle. It's a pretty simple livery, but my and my friends always used to joke in the GT5 days about the baby viper Cappuccino, and the baby Ferrari AZ-1, so I thought this was kinda fitting.

I think it doesn't fit the rules if i understand them correctly.
The BWT livery exists on this car although you didn't make a replica.

_motorsport_1280x1280_gt-masters.jpg

Edit:Also iirc BWT has also sponsored BMW,Porsche and Mercedes so making it on those cars will not fit the rules.
If you create it on a Toyota,Viper,Peugeot etc.. it's gonna be validated i guess.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
Living Legend #53

- PS4 base -

Two Living Legends since 1968/69
The number 53 became legendary by the Herbie/Lovebug movies and TV series since 1968.
And 53 years ago in 1969 the Porsche 917 was unleashed to go for winning the 24 hours of Le Mans.
As a matter of fact, both the vehicles have the same hereditary factor: Ferdinand Porsche.
Why not link their genes to create something different – but familiar?
Hope you like the #53 Herbie 917 Living Legend.

Last edited:
Back