The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #19 (80s' Style) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 73 comments
Back to the editor then. Thanks for pointing that out to me, I'll admit I didn't read that part:scared:.

Edit: fixed.

(don't know why, but I seem unable to quote previous posts)

Last edited:
The number board thing tripped me up. I had this finished then had to circle back :D

I used the Williams F1 car from the 80s, specifically the FW11, as inspiration. It had to go on a Honda, so the Gr.3 NSX was the eventual pick. I went through an iteration on the Gr.2 NSX, but it looked too boring and too much like others have done on the showcase. The Gr.3 car lets you break up the colors a bit more for new shapes, while still calling back to the original.

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Pro

Tertre Rouge from Dunlop Corner_.jpeg
Dunlop Chicane_.jpeg

Last edited:
I was away and forgot I hadn't explained this.
It was hard to make an 80s design that didn't just look like a Replica.
I had wanted to make something based off the 1989 Williams FW13c
but when I tried this it just screamed replica. Looking at Rick's entry
it's largely why I stayed away from using CANON sponsorship.

My entry is a combination of my favourite 80s F1 sponsors and a mashup
of 3 Iconic 80s liveries. Lotus, Renault and Williams. Thus it had to be a yellow car.
Because it had to be a yellow car the primary sponsor chose itself.
AGIP is a sponsor I always associate with 80s F1. Again it was iconic.
The rest of the sponsors were on F1 teams in the 80s but used as they ended up
on Jordans.

The Red 5 is kind of a nod to Mansell but also works because Thierry Boutsen
raced the number 5 at Williams and he's used as part of the
"things that raced in 80s F1 but ended up at Jordan" theme,
the main twist being that Camel sponsored Jordan in the 80s before they entered F1.

Last edited:
Like a lot of people this time, I just started doing some stuff and this came out in the end.

As always, the bonus pics show the colour and some details way better than that scape location.

Not got the time to put any effort into this one. It's based on the Manual you got with the Commodore 64... reminds me of those times, and I figured it was pretty simple.

M2 Widebody is not as Thicc as the Swole VGT.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base​
This LEC theme was a little outside of my comfort zone since modernizing retro designs isn't my forte, but I'm content with how this TT came out. I drew inspiration from the showroom stock scene that was popular in the 80s and 90s, where a combination of factory-backed and private teams competed with mildly modified machinery. This TT in particular is intended to be an Audi Sport entry, with the model name being the primary "sponsor", as many factory efforts were in period, and third-parties taking a back seat.

Back