The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

Good Body Kit:
Where GT is clearly inferior to other games is in its customization features.
GT6 did have body kits, but many of them were modest, like lip spoilers, which was one of the reasons I was disappointed in the game.
Add a better body kit for GT7, like the LM Edition, Gr. 4, etc. Polyphony Digital has created some amazing designs in its fictional race cars. I'd like to see that ability applied to body kits as well. (Of course, if they can get an aftermarket body kit, that would be great too.)

Wheel spacers:
One of the drawbacks of the GTS was the very unflattering offsets in stock. The AE86 offset in particular looks like a train and is very ugly.
A lot of cars could get a good look if we put wheel spacers on them like the FH4.

The return of many "legendary" LM race cars:
There were a lot of great fantasy race cars in the older generation of GTs, like the FTO LM Edition and Ford GT LM Race car.
I hope to see these cars return to the GT car list again.

Well, now that we know GT7 is official and all.... I guess it's a good time to post here

1) Get rid of Rally races. I never liked these competitions in any of the previous titles, as dirt racing just doesn't feel good or responsive. Usually GT lands in a good middleground between an arcade racer and a sim, but with rally it's just all over the place. I'd rather play the official WRC titles or go for DiRT Rally route

2 and 3) No XP/Level gatekeeping for event types. I get that PD wanted a more "tailored" experience so make players "prepared" for stuff like endurance races, but it just unnecessarily delays the interaction with the content that's already in the game and makes the Driving School redundant. If I want to get the Super License on day one, I should be able to do so, no matter if I have the appropriate car or not

4) Land a balance between real world locations and origina tracks. Sport failed in that department - not only are real life locations the majority, but there are still quite a few iconic tracks missing from GTS to this day. And out of the new original tracks I only liked maybe 3

5) Let us change stuff like Liveries from the pre-race menus. I hated the fact that in GTS if I didn't have the livery set up on a car after joining an online lobby, I had to quit all the way back to the main menu, then to garage, select the car, then the livery selector, apply, and then make it all the way back to the lobby, hoping the race didn't start without me or that there's still player slots available

6) Get rid of the intro animations for every single (online) race. No, I don't want to waste like 5 minutes as the game shows me every single opponent on the grid. I just want to get into the action immediately

7) Get rid of the ghosting in online races, period. If they intend on keeping/improving the Sportsmanship and/or Driver Rating systems in GT7, then make them actually matter by not making my or others' cars invincible because it's offtrack or something.

8) Get rid of Auto-Drive, for both driving out of the pits and during race starts. Rolling starts should also be either optional or present on tracks where there's no proper grid to place 10-20 cars on the start/finish straight. The grid placements also made no sense in GTSport where there are clearly proper grids in place already, don't make the players take like 1/4 of the track

9) Add warmup laps. Whether it's F1 or NASCAR or WEC it's always exciting to see the entire grid do a parade across the track before the green flag is waved and it's go time for everyone. GTSport did not have that at all despite trying to be all "esports-y" and "official" with its races, that needs to improve in 7

10) Add proper pit entry/exit animations. I hate how after crossing the speedlimit line the game enters a "cinematic" mode that just shows the pitcfew standing there for several seconds until my car reaches them. I also hate the instant teleporting once the pit crew job is done, it considerably reduces the realism PD are so striving towards ever since the original game. And while on the subject of pit stops - it makes no sense to have a unified process where first it's the change of tyres and then the refueling begins. Different competitions use different procedures - some limit it to 2 people, some allow for everything to happen at once, some have a strict and predefined process

11) Allow us to sell cars. Since you can't farm expensive prize vehicles via singleplayer events in GTS anyway (unless it comes back in 7), I see no point in this limitation, especially given the ultra-expensive 20 mil credits cars. It's like they were designed with microtransactions in mind, which is wack. I also feel no pleasure at all in logging in, doing some daily stuff, then seeing a dupe of a car I already own that doesn't even give me any returns because "gift cars cannot be sold", so you just CTRL ALT DELETE them from the garage

12) Mileage points system is interesting, but the item lineup changes take way too long, so you just end up with tonns of MLPs and have nothing to spend them on for at least a week, especially if you're an active player and race a lot every day, be it offline or online

Good Body Kit:
Where GT is clearly inferior to other games is in its customization features.
GT6 did have body kits, but many of them were modest, like lip spoilers, which was one of the reasons I was disappointed in the game.
Add a better body kit for GT7, like the LM Edition, Gr. 4, etc. Polyphony Digital has created some amazing designs in its fictional race cars. I'd like to see that ability applied to body kits as well. (Of course, if they can get an aftermarket body kit, that would be great too.)

Wheel spacers:
One of the drawbacks of the GTS was the very unflattering offsets in stock. The AE86 offset in particular looks like a train and is very ugly.
A lot of cars could get a good look if we put wheel spacers on them like the FH4.

The return of many "legendary" LM race cars:
There were a lot of great fantasy race cars in the older generation of GTs, like the FTO LM Edition and Ford GT LM Race car.
I hope to see these cars return to the GT car list again.
I think for good body kit, I would like for them to save that for Racing Modifications, especially now with Livery Editor (would be in GT Auto likely!), you can scrap all the liveries, essentially like giving them bodykit modifications.

I would be great to have the ability to make our custom music playlists play in the main menu's and during races.

I personally find music to be a big part of the experience, and being able to personalize it, ability to keep it fresh and it makes the game feel even more like "home".
A small wish that would drastically improve the experience for many of us!

Last edited:
All I wish is that we FINALLY get a dedicated button/function that allows us to stop/start the warning lights on all the Safety cars in the game.

Make them work like hazard lights on all cars: not flashing by default, but push a button and hey presto, the lights start flashing. Push the button again and the flashing stops.

We already have dedicated buttons/functions for turn signals, hazard lights and highbeams/low beams, flash headlights and a combination of the last two.

Get rid of the combination button for flash/change highbeams and replace it with warning lights button/function.

Its annoying to drive around in a safety vehicle with all the lights flashing when there is no need for them. Allow us to decide when they flash and when they don't. Like the hazard lights.

Wishing for al of this below.

Manual driving it pits, ability to change tyres, refuel and look at qualifying info

Again, bring back qualifying from the earlier GT games

This is a Multi-class race with 1970 Lemans cars and Vintage GT(911 RSR, '66 Mustang, E-Type, Camaro, 240Z, 365 GTB4)

All around, better/more competitve AI.

Within the first 9 pages of this thread, I don't know if it has been mentioned already or not, but:

Kaz and PD has to allow us to export and import our replays. Every single time I play GTS, it pisses Me to NO EnD that I am restricted and always have to choose which replay to delete to make space, and that the replays I collect from others can and will eventually disapear...

GTS is a piece of trash at some point, unplayable!
I can easily go back to GT6 and manage all my save and my replays however I want... I can't do that in GTS and this is the biggest turn off for me... So clunky I hate it...
I am not playing GTS as much I want because it frustrates me Everytime I do.

KAZ/PD: Get RID OF THE ONLINE SAVE FEATURE !!!
I HATE IT WITH ALL My HEART.

Allow us to have an offline save data file with ALL of our data and progress independent from your servers.

With GTSport, what I also hate the most is:
Whatever we have liked, saved and downloaded from others onto our "collection", for example a car livery from a friend , if the friend ever decides to delete that livery, it will also be deleted from our collection. I HATE THAT!!
I GET that the livery is not my creation and belongs to my friend, but the fact that we cannot modify it is enough to prove that we dont own it.
But if I like it enough, I should be able to still continue using it even he my friend the creator and owner now hates it.
I hate that things disappears from my collection without me knowing it....

My wish is that we can transfer every SINGLE thing that is currently in our Library in GTS to GT7.
Considering that GTS will be vaporware and all of our achievements, creation, replay saves, etc will be deleted when PD decides to pull the plug, it would be logical that PD allows us to migrate our GTS save data, progress onto GT7... They owe us that...
In terms of replay value, GTS is the worst of any GT games.

My other wish list:
If I have to choose, I would prefer to have all the tracks that has ever appeared in GT and all the main ones we are still missing that other games has (Silverstone, RA, Le Castelet, etc) rather than all the cars that ever appeared.

Time and Weather change on all tracks.
VR everywhere.

I would be great to have the ability to make our custom music playlists play in the main menu's and during races.

I personally find music to be a big part of the experience, and being able to personalize it, ability to keep it fresh and it makes the game feel even more like "home".
A small wish that would drastically improve the experience for many of us!

I agree, it was possible in GT6, why was that removed in GTS???
Incomprehensible!

Last edited:
Hoping to get

-better graphics: mostly details to increase immersion like full weather, better looking marbles, better optical effects with rain drops, integration of optical effects into VR (head orientation would have an effect on optical effects), more effect of wind on environment, better looking crowds, overall track surfaces look too clean in many cases, cars look too clean often. Throughout an endurance race cars should pick up dirt or oil.

-full VR support, anything less will be a let down

-better engine sounds: still room for improvement it feels in GTS, hope they don't just copy them.

-gear box: don't allow money shifting to slow down cars (pet peeve of mine). It kills realism and is completely gamey, does not belong in a game that calls it a driving simulator. I say blow the engine, or at least consider it an assist that can be turned off to not blow the engine.

-online integration into career mode, race with people and improved AI. I hope PD did not just copy all the cups from the old games. Endurance events should have multi-class racing so players can recreate their favourite events like Nurburgring 24h, Lemans etc. It just is not the same without multiple classes.

-Make the money/economy fun, not a grind like in GTS to make money by selling micro transactions. GTS is way too grindy a game, if PD carries this into GT7 it will spoil the game for those with not enough time for grinding

Overall, I hope the nostalgy menu screen shown in the GT7 trailer is a nod to past titles, not an indication that they just copied the old formula. Cause that will feel stale very quickly, once our nostalgy has worn off. And it would waste potential to move beyond that and advance the genre yet again.

Edit: One personal thing I miss is data logging to improve my driving and tuning. I realise this is niche, so likely won't be in the game. And please, bring the dyno back and ability to tune engines for different torque bands. I'll stop now :)

Last edited:
mef
Hoping to get

-better graphics: mostly details to increase immersion like full weather, better looking marbles, better optical effects with rain drops, integration of optical effects into VR (head orientation would have an effect on optical effects), more effect of wind on environment, better looking crowds, overall track surfaces look too clean in many cases, cars look too clean often. Throughout an endurance race cars should pick up dirt or oil.

-full VR support, anything less will be a let down

-better engine sounds: still room for improvement it feels in GTS, hope they don't just copy them.

-gear box: don't allow money shifting to slow down cars (pet peeve of mine). It kills realism and is completely gamey, does not belong in a game that calls it a driving simulator. I say blow the engine, or at least consider it an assist that can be turned off to not blow the engine.

-online integration into career mode, race with people and improved AI. I hope PD did not just copy all the cups from the old games. Endurance events should have multi-class racing so players can recreate their favourite events like Nurburgring 24h, Lemans etc. It just is not the same without multiple classes.

-Make the money/economy fun, not a grind like in GTS to make money by selling micro transactions. GTS is way too grindy a game, if PD carries this into GT7 it will spoil the game for those with not enough time for grinding

Overall, I hope the nostalgy menu screen shown in the GT7 trailer is a nod to past titles, not an indication that they just copied the old formula. Cause that will feel stale very quickly, once our nostalgy has worn off. And it would waste potential to move beyond that and advance the genre yet again.

Edit: One personal thing I miss is data logging to improve my driving and tuning. I realise this is niche, so likely won't be in the game. And please, bring the dyno back and ability to tune engines for different torque bands. I'll stop now :)
What's the difference between the map menu being a nod and just copying old formula? I think the map menu is something not done in other competitions, other than the obvious map for free roams. So it existed is an appeal IMO.

...huh this can be huge TBH.

Well here are 'few' things I'd like to see:

- Options
possibility to use different FoV (per car, per camera setup)
possibility to use multi-monitor setup (3x 1080p monitors for example, ultra wide screen monitors - this all depends on PS5 HW)
possibility to use any possible measurements (km/miles, C'/F', Nm...) regardless of region
option to use local IP for server connectivity (and region) instead of account (there are many people not having PSN so they use US accounts, imagine someone from over the world connecting to online race to US etc.)
customisation for race UI (minimap shoud be separated from car controls, car controls should be always on if race has them enabled even if UI is disabled etc.)
rear view mirror in every possible view
possibility to have more sub-menus (like adding lights menu within the ABS/Fuel map etc.)
more camera options while in race (without steering wheel option, helmet option, option to rotate camera around car, co-driver view in replay etc)

- Livery editor
livery cap per car increased
livery detail increased
possibility to download 2D template for car, so one can make BMP/PNG (or some other format) of livery in his own tool and upload to car/server
possibility to put liveries on glass parts
possibility to put liveries on rims/tires
each tire to be separately colored
more options for colors, variety of color materials etc.
more options for liveries, variety of color materials (instead of just one) etc.
different rims per wheel (rim width should be changed either here or in tuning, unsprung weight and physics dependent)

- Garage and car gifts
no car limit
gifted cars (via daily if they'll exist or via race trophies) can be sold

- Car setup
more detailed setup
(since tuning is teased)
possibility of engine, drivetrain swap
possibility for tire width change (not only visual change, unsprung weight and physics dependent)
real life like racing transmission ratios (there is no transmission that can hit almost every possible ratio per gear, transmission ratios need to be predefined)
possibility to change FDR on any transmission without 'tuning' (some cars have short transmissions, some have long)
possibility to add ballast (as in GT5/6)
possibility to add aero parts to cars (separate spoilers, wings, spliters, complete body kits etc.)
possibility to use any car that has potential to be in that BoP/PP without leaving server/room for rearanging
possibility to make purchases of parts via car setup menu (I know it makes tuning shop obsolete, but it is pain in the a$$ to get out of server just to do that and return)

- SP & MP races
possibility to change AI difficulty
AI should be a bit more clever and use every trick to be faster on track
possibility to add AI to MP races
multi-class racing with proper timing
overhaul of collision/penalty system
more setting options:
* list of cars that can be used
* setup for every car BoP/PP/Power and Weight
* on/off switch for every car so it can only use electronics that it has in real life (so if car doesn't have ABS, it has none on server/session etc)
* setup for every car what modifications can be used (including tires)
* setup for every car how much fuel/P2P/battery can it have (in percentage, real weight should stay as it is in real life car, so if a car has 35L of fuel, even on 75 or 150% it has max 35L but fuel depletion is higher or lower)
* take in account real weight of specific fuel :)
* more detailed penalty system implementation
* driver through pit lane penalty
* option to disable penalty slow down zones, so penalties can only be accumulated
* option to add penalty by judge if one is assigned as person (when car cuts track depending on setting, judge gets notified with short replay when it happen, and presented with options to punish/warn)
* track cutting/off track driving needs to be more precise:
** off - all is allowed
** low - one wheel on track all the time
** medium - two wheels on same side of car on track all the time
** strict - all wheels on track all the time
* possibility to use real life data for weather and ToD for real world circuits
* possibility to create tournament event with multiple tracks (one day, or even to be able to race on multiple days)
* more detailed post race report
* option to force view, HUD options
* option to add ballast to specific player for better BoP (like Super GT, good for tournaments, room creation can have automatic ballast addition to finishing order etc.)

- Physics
tire physics needs overhaul (more zones per tire, tire punctuation, more real life tire profiles)
(if they have agreement with Michelin, then use their real life tire names and simulated physics, after all they have all possible compounds)
ABS/TCS/ASR/VDC overhaul (more realistic behaviour for all of these systems)
aero needs to be sorted out also
wet weather needs overhaul (as it is now, when cars go off track, they have more grip on grass then on road)
hydroplaning
racing and non racing dynamic lane grip
dynamic track temperature
dynamic wind
dynamic weather effects on track (not just visual)
more options for ABS/TCS levels
automatic gearbox real life behaviour (upshifting on low throttle, downshifting on high throttle etc.)
eV cars need battery usage (separate setup for races, like fuel and P2P)
possibility for more detailed damage model (with visual feedback)
overrev with damage to engine and gearbox would be nice
more realistic turbo build-up, release preasure

- Game
multi-class racing
much more cars on track at the same time (let's get N24, LeMans in it's full glory)
option for Viewing of the races (so instead of joining full lobby, we can watch what people are doing, good for streaming, TV broadcast etc.)
damage visuals, wheels rip off, body parts rip off (visual and physics) etc.
more immersive car headlights with options to turn on rain/fog (with sub-menu option)
better weather graphics on car glass
weather graphics in every view with simulated wipers (droplets, snow, mud gets wiped in intervals like with wipers etc.)

These are few things that just came to my mind... I am sure many many more will come and I'll add them...

BTW this is just me, that is what I'd like to have in GT :)

Last edited:
My wish for GT7 is simply that PD does what they said they wanted to do - higher frame rate. 240 FPS or at least 120 FPS at 1080p.

For me higher framerate = more immersion whereas more pixels does not.

My wish for GT7 is simply that PD does what they said they wanted to do - higher frame rate. 240 FPS or at least 120 FPS at 1080p.

For me higher framerate = more immersion whereas more pixels does not.

...many PS games in past were bound to fps with physics, not sure how all this is working now (since consoles PS and xBOne are PCs in fact), but having 120 over 60 is good thing, but I doubt it will be the case, PSVR is running on 90-120fps, so maybe just maybe we'll get 120fps, but it will be interpolated for sure, aka 60fps bumped up to 120 with half frames in between...

Everything is teasing it will be 60fps...

...huh this can be huge TBH.

Well here are 'few' things I'd like to see:

- Options
possibility to use different FoV (per car, per camera setup)
possibility to use multi-monitor setup (3x 1080p monitors for example, ultra wide screen monitors - this all depends on PS5 HW)
possibility to use any possible measurements (km/miles, C'/F', Nm...) regardless of region
option to use local IP for server connectivity (and region) instead of account (there are many people not having PSN so they use US accounts, imagine someone from over the world connecting to online race to US etc.)
customisation for race UI (minimap shoud be separated from car controls, car controls should be always on if race has them enabled even if UI is disabled etc.)
rear view mirror in every possible view
possibility to have more sub-menus (like adding lights menu within the ABS/Fuel map etc.)
more camera options while in race (without steering wheel option, helmet option, option to rotate camera around car, co-driver view in replay etc)

- Livery editor
livery cap per car increased
livery detail increased
possibility to download 2D template for car, so one can make BMP/PNG (or some other format) of livery in his own tool and upload to car/server
possibility to put liveries on glass parts
possibility to put liveries on rims/tires
each tire to be separately colored
more options for colors, variety of color materials etc.
more options for liveries, variety of color materials (instead of just one) etc.
different rims per wheel (rim width should be changed either here or in tuning, unsprung weight and physics dependent)

- Garage and car gifts
no car limit
gifted cars (via daily if they'll exist or via race trophies) can be sold

- Car setup
more detailed setup
(since tuning is teased)
possibility of engine, drivetrain swap
possibility for tire width change (not only visual change, unsprung weight and physics dependent)
real life like racing transmission ratios (there is no transmission that can hit almost every possible ratio per gear, transmission ratios need to be predefined)
possibility to change FDR on any transmission without 'tuning' (some cars have short transmissions, some have long)
possibility to add ballast (as in GT5/6)
possibility to add aero parts to cars (separate spoilers, wings, spliters, complete body kits etc.)
possibility to use any car that has potential to be in that BoP/PP without leaving server/room for rearanging
possibility to make purchases of parts via car setup menu (I know it makes tuning shop obsolete, but it is pain in the a$$ to get out of server just to do that and return)

- SP & MP races
possibility to change AI difficulty
AI should be a bit more clever and use every trick to be faster on track
possibility to add AI to MP races
multi-class racing with proper timing
overhaul of collision/penalty system
more setting options:
* list of cars that can be used
* setup for every car BoP/PP/Power and Weight
* on/off switch for every car so it can only use electronics that it has in real life (so if car doesn't have ABS, it has none on server/session etc)
* setup for every car what modifications can be used (including tires)
* setup for every car how much fuel/P2P/battery can it have (in percentage, real weight should stay as it is in real life car, so if a car has 35L of fuel, even on 75 or 150% it has max 35L but fuel depletion is higher or lower)
* take in account real weight of specific fuel :)
* more detailed penalty system implementation
* driver through pit lane penalty
* option to disable penalty slow down zones, so penalties can only be accumulated
* option to add penalty by judge if one is assigned as person (when car cuts track depending on setting, judge gets notified with short replay when it happen, and presented with options to punish/warn)
* track cutting/off track driving needs to be more precise:
** off - all is allowed
** low - one wheel on track all the time
** medium - two wheels on same side of car on track all the time
** strict - all wheels on track all the time
* possibility to use real life data for weather and ToD for real world circuits
* possibility to create tournament event with multiple tracks (one day, or even to be able to race on multiple days)
* more detailed post race report
* option to force view, HUD options
* option to add ballast to specific player for better BoP (like Super GT, good for tournaments, room creation can have automatic ballast addition to finishing order etc.)

- Physics
tire physics needs overhaul (more zones per tire, tire punctuation, more real life tire profiles)
(if they have agreement with Michelin, then use their real life tire names and simulated physics, after all they have all possible compounds)
ABS/TCS/ASR/VDC overhaul (more realistic behaviour for all of these systems)
aero needs to be sorted out also
wet weather needs overhaul (as it is now, when cars go off track, they have more grip on grass then on road)
hydroplaning
racing and non racing dynamic lane grip
dynamic track temperature
dynamic wind
dynamic weather effects on track (not just visual)
more options for ABS/TCS levels
automatic gearbox real life behaviour (upshifting on low throttle, downshifting on high throttle etc.)
eV cars need battery usage (separate setup for races, like fuel and P2P)
possibility for more detailed damage model (with visual feedback)
overrev with damage to engine and gearbox would be nice
more realistic turbo build-up, release preasure

- Game
multi-class racing
much more cars on track at the same time (let's get N24, LeMans in it's full glory)
option for Viewing of the races (so instead of joining full lobby, we can watch what people are doing, good for streaming, TV broadcast etc.)
damage visuals, wheels rip off, body parts rip off (visual and physics) etc.
more immersive car headlights with options to turn on rain/fog (with sub-menu option)
better weather graphics on car glass
weather graphics in every view with simulated wipers (droplets, snow, mud gets wiped in intervals like with wipers etc.)

These are few things that just came to my mind... I am sure many many more will come and I'll add them...

BTW this is just me, that is what I'd like to have in GT :)
Bro, I'd be impressed if even half the things on this list are implemented.

1. Body kits. Very important;
2. Organics and alives scenarios. (vegetation, flags and windsocks moving in the wind, leaves in the wind, people walking);
3. Dynamic time (from sunrise to sunset. Dark night);
4. Dynamic climate (light, medium and heavy rain);
5. Real physical and mechanical damage, at least similar to PC2;
6. Lots of encyclopedic information;
7. More American circuits (South American, North American and Canadian).

Last edited:
I haven't played GT in a long time, but if some AI still brake on corner exit, I'd kinda like that to be fixed.

And this is more like a GT17 request, but I'd like to park my cars in my real life garage, at my real life house, and drive on real life streets in my town or anywhere in the world, via Google Street View.

Please be a modern game. By that I mean no more static camera view, perfectly clean cars and windshield or indestructible plastic barriers. I know Forza Horizon is a different genre but this game was an eye opener for me about all the flaws in GT. It's not a perfect game, though it's the new reference for mainstream car game. In terms of graphics, FH is not the most realistic game but it looks 100% of the time beautiful. Sometimes GTSport looks real, like watching a movie and no other game catches the Poly lighting. And sometimes it looks simply bad like Alsace or Sainte-Croix tracks.

Hopefully we need to keep our expectations in check for release and look forwards to a reasonable amount of DLC that Sport got.

I'd like to see more real tracks added, there are many grade 1 & 2 circuits that could be scanned. Watkins Glen, Brno, Sebring, Portimao would all be high on the list.

For the cars, it'd be good to get updates from GTS, the latest versions of the AMG GT3 and Corvette C8 and the likes. As the M6 is gone, add the M8 GTE from GTLM class. Add some LMP2 or DPI cars.
They could also do some groups of cars, say 60s F1 with a Lotus 49, Brabham BT24 and a Honda RA300. Or a late 70s sports cars with the porsche 935 and zakspeed capri. Or a set of cars form the 90s JGTC.

Back