The Human Comedy 7 - Gr.3 Red Bull Ring

S10 isn't on wet road. S10 is a dry run with a narrow margin.
I used TC on wets and slowly released it. AI makes 2 unnecessary pits since the top runners go IM -> W / W -> IM so that's your chance. As long as you're within 45s of them you are winning.
Unfortunately I’m in the lead after the rain tires are switched, but I drive so slow that they all pass me like I’m standing still. They end out gaining so much time on me that they could put every single lap during the rain and still catch me. If I go any faster I spin out or get pit maneuvered by the AI. I try to go faster and it just gets worse. I just don’t understand how they drive so fast without troubles. Even when they put twice and maybe spin out once, they still outpace me by a large margin. I know I’m not an expert, but Lordy I look like I’ve never driven before.

Unfortunately I’m in the lead after the rain tires are switched, but I drive so slow that they all pass me like I’m standing still. They end out gaining so much time on me that they could put every single lap during the rain and still catch me. If I go any faster I spin out or get pit maneuvered by the AI. I try to go faster and it just gets worse. I just don’t understand how they drive so fast without troubles. Even when they put twice and maybe spin out once, they still outpace me by a large margin. I know I’m not an expert, but Lordy I look like I’ve never driven before.
Hahaha hang in there bud'! 😎

Finally beat this one today!
I used the AMG GT3 Black Falcon (I think it's the 2016?)
Grabbed Inters, Mediums, and Wets from the grocery store.

Strategy:
There really isn't one, but here's what I did.

I started out on Race Mediums, TC = 0, Fuel Map = 1
Drove till I was out of fuel. Refueled, put new Mediums on. By this time I was 2nd/3rd, somewhere in there. Didn't really remember.

After stop 1 I started watching the radar. I'd made it to this point a few times before in different cars and couldn't get the strategy right on tires.

I made another stop for Race Mediums for stop 2, and fuel the car.

Keep watching the radar, as soon as it looked like rain would hit the track pitted for Inters.
This was my only mistake. I should have pitted for Wets.

EDIT: When you pit for Wets shift TC = 5 and go with that. I also moved Fuel Map to 6 for about 4-5 laps to make it so that I only had to stop one more time to go to the end.

That said, the AI all were still out, they didn't start pitting for Wets till they were sliding all around the track.
So they pit for Wets, I pit for Wets. Come out with a massive lead, close to 50 seconds b/c I had inters while they were on slicks.

Kept going, as soon as it started to dry pitted for full fuel and Race Mediums again. AI stayed out another 2 laps in some cases. By the time they cycled through I was over a minute ahead.

Turning laps in the 1:31-1:34 while dry and 1:55-2:00 while wet was more than enough.

I finished about 40 seconds ahead of 2nd place b/c I biffed it a couple times hitting wet curbs I shouldn't have.

Overall pretty easy with the AMG. Lots of low end grunt to get out of corners but also great top speed. All around smashingly good car.

Oh yeah, forgot to add. I'm lazy and used chase cam and an automatic transmission. And if I can do it with that you can do it with manuals and real racing FOV. I believe in you!

Going to use it for Lake M next.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I finally beat it. I discovered that the time trial option for the Red Bull track includes a rain option, so I practiced that way for a while. I immediately turned that into a victory, although the AI were still trying to put me and spin me whenever they could. I had a healthy lead and got pitted by the 20th place Audi. Then he spun out on the next turn. When I got by he came back and pitted me again!!!! How are these idiots going so fast?! Anyway, the rain practice helped tremendously and I was able to find my pace and move a lot better in the other laps. Thankfully that’s over.

Now on to Lake Maggiore to get stymied on the next mission!

My word. I thought the Trial Mountain endurance was too easy, but this changed my mind.

First tried it, was just coasting and fuel saving at the end with a comfy 20 second gap which barely shrunk :confused:

Literally no effort needed...

Last edited:
Just done this race for the first time, I'd tried a couple of different cars doing the first 5 laps or so to see which I liked best. Ended up going with the Genesis, absolute breeze of a race. Finished on 37 laps, a lap up from about lap 30 onwards.

Attachments

• 180c331b77c69-screenshotUrl.jpg
    180c331b77c69-screenshotUrl.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 115
What a load of horse **** this game is. Why can’t it be about racing and not this dick in your ass after 30 god damn laps? If I wanted to play pit simulator I’d buy it ffs. I’m just about to snap this damn disk in half.
Rip off game is GT sport 2.0 anyways. Why they would chose to screw game owners with little bs like this is beyond me. Car goes from doing 6 G’s around corners to basically driving on ice, while AI magically zips by. Or they make a convoy of turtles that force you off the damn track.
And to think they actually try to brag about the AI in this game, when it’s somehow worse than Sport.

Or wait….. “Oh it was so easy, I finished 3 hours ahead of P2”. You got lucky and the random AI scenario made it possible.
The weather and AI aren’t the same in every race ffs.

I have far better things to do than a 1 hr race with Oshii and Mario throwing banana peels at me.

Or wait….. “Oh it was so easy, I finished 3 hours ahead of P2”. You got lucky and the random AI scenario made it possible.
I got especially lucky and the AI all drove backwards. All I did was stay in place for an hour to claim the win.

This one is one of the easiest in my opinion.
I used the Supra on RMs and FM2 for two 10 lap stints, pitted right when the rain started to come down, did a 20min stint on wets and FM6 and changed to RS and FM1 for the rest of the race. If it wasn't for a spin and the AI pit-maneuvering me once I would've made it to 37 laps, but even with those small issues I won with a 1:20 gap to 2nd who pitted 15 seconds before the race ended and finished in the pits :lol:
Worked fine, thanks for the hints!

Finally after several attempts with Penzoil Nissan, Herbie the Beetle, the Jaaaaag and much swearing/spins/cheating AI/ragequits, I had success with the Merc-AMG. It was fast enough and had a decent enough tank size. So my strat was:
RM FM3
RM FM2
W FM4/2
RS FM1

In the end finished with about a 10 second lead, which was fine with me. I’d say my average laps were around 1m33s.

Okay, I've won it now, wasn't that hard in the end.

4 x 15 minute stints, RM, RM, W, RM. I used the RX-Vision GT3 Concept, and you can just max out the fuel usage and complete the 15 minute stints.

I went to TC5 for the wet stint, and the lead AI pulled away from me, but it completely screwed up by doing an extra pit stop onto W then stopped again for RM. I switched back to TC1 for the last stint.

I went off a couple of times due to running wide in the last 15 minute stint. You have to be very careful to keep a tight line at every apex, as the car will just slide off the track if you go onto the wet part of the track.

I actually used RS for my first 15 minute stint, but they do slow down quite a bit with wear, so I tried RM for my 2nd stint, and they're quite a bit quicker over the 15 minutes.
Many thanks for this! It worked perfectly, right up until the very last lap when I overshot my breaking point and got overtaken on the very last corner to come 2nd. :lol:

You are absolutely spot-on about straying off the dry line on the final stint though. I feel very confident that I will gold this on my 2nd attempt later today. :)

Just won it with the Mazda RX Vision. FM1 on Racing Mediums. Need to granny shift it. Don't double clutch it like you should or you will need to pit an extra time. Even then the car still ran 1:30's in my hands. Fast enough to catch up to the leader right at the first pit stop around 17 minutes in. Full fuel and a new set of RM tires. Ran more 1:30's and put over a minute on 2nd place by the time the rain hit. Went to full wets, ran FM4 and TC5 while short shifting through the gears to maintain traction. As the rain stopped I was ~1:45 ahead of 2nd place but they were starting to increase their pace so I switched back to FM1 as the track began to dry out. Ran like this until about 9 minutes left in the race. The Sun was completely out and a nice big dry line had been established. Changed back to RM tires, FM1 and Ran TC3 after my last pit. Only grabbed 6 laps of fuel since I had about 8 minutes of the race left. Had the obligatory spin out coming out of the pits but it didn't seem to hurt my time. Ran 1:33-1:35's while staying on the dry line. So many stupid cars going 50mph blocking traffic on the dry line. Didn't make any sense. I was going full bore in 5th gear when I ran in to a pack of 3 blocking the the dry line. It was either spin out on the wet asphalt or smash right in to the back of them. I chose the latter and saved a spin, but broke my engine. Fortunately a magic fairy fixed the engine and I was back on my way.

Anyway, finished the race in 37 laps having lapped the pack twice except for 2nd place who was 1 lap behind, but likely 1:30 or more behind me. Fastest lap was 1:30.571. Great car overall.

Last edited:
I don’t know if this race has changed since the latest update with all these comments about how easy it was makes zero sense to me. I say the AI will let you win if you get lucky or have some cheat. Ai smokes me on the straights no matter what car with fuel at full power no matter what tires it’s stupid. This race has me so angry I just want to smash everything.

I don’t know if this race has changed since the latest update with all these comments about how easy it was makes zero sense to me. I say the AI will let you win if you get lucky or have some cheat. Ai smokes me on the straights no matter what car with fuel at full power no matter what tires it’s stupid. This race has me so angry I just want to smash everything.
What were your lap times?

Just won this event, haven't tried it before, but had a strange conclusion, using the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, had about 4:30 left on the clock still using wet tires which where on there last leg, was about 4 seconds behind the leader (Subaru WRX GR.3), I had half second penalty which I though was going to cost me the race, coming up to the penalty zone the WRX just slowed down to crawl like he had ran out of fuel, which allowed me to pass him, I had ran the race with the fuel map set to 1, but was very low on fuel and thought I was going to have to pit right before the last, but this gave me a chance to set down fuel map down to 6 and make it to the finish line. Lapped everybody except the top five.

I dont think it would have been changed between 1.29 and 1.30.
The AI is fast on the northmost straight right out of the 90° right handed corner, I dont keep up with the leader on that part of the track. But the is AI extemely slow in the last 2 corners into the starting line as well as the first corner.
Also is it bad with the changing weather conditions and will almost always do the swap of racing tyres->intermediate->full wet->intermediate->racing tyres, if you skip the intermediates you are winning lots of time.

Back