The Interiors Thread.

The seat lowers remind me of the Gamma coupe with that lateral orientation. I love the backs and headrests on those.

1976-pininfarina-lancia-gamma-coupe-interior-02-e1580940615583.jpg

Earlier Beta coupes were more stylish, but they took the low back bucket idea just a little too far.

41.jpg

The seat lowers remind me of the Gamma coupe with that lateral orientation. I love the backs and headrests on those.

1976-pininfarina-lancia-gamma-coupe-interior-02-e1580940615583.jpg

Earlier Beta coupes were more stylish, but they took the low back bucket idea just a little too far.

41.jpg
Bit I love those seats in both cars. That's all me. :)

:scared:

0N0A1637.jpg

I really dig the modifications to the pumpkin; the notch to provide clearance for the pilot's left leg and the additional plating to protect the pilot's undoubtedly substantial testicles in the event that the ring gear grenades during a pass.

:scared:

0N0A1637.jpg

I really dig the modifications to the pumpkin; the notch to provide clearance for the pilot's left leg and the additional plating to protect the pilot's undoubtedly substantial testicles in the event that the ring gear grenades during a pass.

Wonder if anyone has ever worn a slingshot bathing suit while piloting a slingshot dragster?

Just read about the Octavia two-spoke steering wheel will be available on the Fabia. I'd buy one just for that.
images (20).jpeg

No, I'm not feeling that. In the UK, the base spec cars tended to have 2-spokes and they just looked naff.

Looks better than the old Chevy Celebrity two-spokes.:lol:

I think it's cool they brought it back from their old wheels
1989-skoda-favorit-steering-wheel.jpg
1984-skoda-120-l-steering-wheel.jpg
1959-skoda-450-steering-wheel.jpg
1952-skoda-1201-sedan-steering-wheel.jpg
1966-skoda-1000-mb-steering-wheel.jpg

Love the 90s Ferrari interiors. Modern but still not bad **** crazy like today. And that gated shifter....

Attachments

• Ferrari-360-Service-Guide-Interior-Image.jpg
    Ferrari-360-Service-Guide-Interior-Image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 23
Was either the wood or the leather in Mustangs of that era not actually just vinyl? I'm pretty sure it was real stuff in the Cougar, but I'd be surprised if it was in the Mustang.

Was either the wood or the leather in Mustangs of that era not actually just vinyl? I'm pretty sure it was real stuff in the Cougar, but I'd be surprised if it was in the Mustang.
Not sure about the Ford products, but I know the "wood" in the dash of my '69 Cutlass 'S' and my Dad's Impalas & side of his Caprice Estate, could be used to break dance on. :lol:

Definitely no wood or leather in the Mustangs unless very special ordered, and likely only for the latter. Leather was certainly optional in Cougars, but I don't believe the wood was real in those either.

While the Honda E is truly wonderful, I can't help but Honda has taken a step back in terms of interior designs. I might be in the minority, but I was a big fan of the multi-tiered setups in the 8th and 9th generation civics.

8th Gen:
gal_lg5.jpg

9th Gen
17-2012-honda-civic-si-fd.jpg

Especially at night, these Civics just feel so...special. Kind of Akira

The 10th Gen is not only boring by comparison...but some of the details seem contrived to me, particularly the way the console screen is conspicuously not-integrated into the rest of the dashboard - it's like sort of attached but also sort of freestanding. Does the carbon-look trim actually continue behind it? Or is that a fake continuity? If it does continue, and the screen cannot move, is that worse? It's always bothered me. It's not an all-together unpleasant interior and the materials might be nicer, but it leaves me feeling cold.

2020-Honda-Civic-Si-Coupe-interior.jpg

The instrument cluster is an especially big step down to me. The huge awesome analogue tach has been replaced by a pretty charmless, mediocre LCD display
2017-Honda-Civic-Si-Gauges.jpg

I get that its more inline with current trends to have a low-key interior (which is weird considering how extroverted the exterior on the new civic is) but for me they have lost more than a little bit of personality.

Honda need to work on their steering wheel design. When I had my EP3 Si, loved that the interior was faux Type-R.
images (16).jpeg

I'd prefer the 2004 steering wheel, instead of those newer designs.

What are everyone's thoughts about the "ambient lighting" fad currently losing control in the upper tier luxury car segments? It seems to have started with some soft colored lighting in the footwells and such, but we're full on Las Vegas nightclub at this point.

While I sort of get the idea...I can't help but feel the results are more just cheesed-up than anything. To be fair I haven't actually been in a car like this at night, and I'm willing to bet the experience in person is much better...but still.

I compare it in my head to my Boxster which has very minimal lighting at night, just a nice warm glow from the instrument cluster.

I actually really like them, and the contrast/exposure on those videos makes them seem a lot less subtle than they actually are in real life (edit: actually it's those thumnails - the videos themselves are more representative). With so few manufacturers actually offering interesting trim colours any more it's also at least one area where they've been a bit more imaginative and tried to liven things up, so I'm all for it.

It's a bit cray cray, but I kind of get the appeal. It adds a bit of extra atmosphere to your premo-barge. And I'm sure it's nice to show off your new nightclub to your neighbors and friends.

edit: One of the channels I watch, might've been savagegeese, definitely recommends it if you're buying one of these cars.

Well, with automated driving becoming a thing, it sure will be limousine style in your everyday ride.

It's another thing you can tailor too of course. The purple might be a bit vibrant for some but there's usually a white or something in there which tones things down a bit.

I actually remember Jaguar doing something very similar with its RD6 concept way back in 2003. The idea genuinely was to give a cool cocktail bar vibe to the interior, IIRC.

2003-jaguar-r-d6-concept.jpg

That interior went on to inspire the first XF's cabin, to a degree, though I don't think the XF ever had ambient lighting quite that obvious.

One thing I quite like about the lighting too is that at night it's a focus of the cabin, whereas in the day many current car interiors can be a bit "busy", particularly with regards to different materials. Mismatched materials don't really matter at night as all you can really see is whatever is lit up.

Somebody's jeans?

It looks like some sort of gray-colored cloth.
I'm going to see if there's something similar. TexRex got it down.

Jeebus, that's a big image. It's commonly referred to as mousehair, but I'm given to understand it's a flocked microfiber over a substrate.
WE NEED THE DETAIL!

Thanks for the answer, I'm not sure where you got that info from lol. I'm researching it now and it seems like it's a very expensive material.

Back