The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,686 comments
TB
It's long but it's worth it (that's what she said) to see the inner workings of a raving lunatic at work.

“Tribute” by Tenacious D, has more likelihood of being based on a true story than that rambling mess.

It’s definitely a parody account, and I think he’s trying to see how ridiculous a story he can tell while still making it believable.

Last edited:
Some of his minions have pivoted to mocking his detractors for treating his posts at face value while pretending they were in on the "joke" all along. Schroedinger's douchebag must be their sole "defence".

Last edited:
Elon "top story"
Well, he's partially right. It was a massive attention seeking stunt for Elon that showed his platform's weaknesses.

Got a good chuckle watching them claim it was one of the largest gatherings online; the top streamers grab those numbers & then some.:lol:

Last edited:
aKEe6db_460s.jpg

lol

Republicans: "We don't need celebrities telling us what to think."

Also Republicans:

FxdmkSfWYAEuXwk

Okay, bad example.

:lol:

Dawsons Creek Crying Dawson GIF by HULU

Super weird that the bitch makes no mention of the RNC never having run a primary debate when there was a Republican incumbent, indeed making a public decision in May of 2018--more than two years in advance--not to run one "against" Trump for 2020.

Incumbent parties not running debates is SOP. The DNC doesn't do it; the RNC doesn't do it. Should they? I don't know.

Can we appreciate how excellent that shirt is? I want that design as a poster or something to hang with all my other delightfully tacky political "art".

Can we appreciate how excellent that shirt is? I want that design as a poster or something to hang with all my other delightfully tacky political "art".
Gimme the beat boys and free mah soul... wanna get lost in the rock 'n' roll.

And grift away:
Just kidding, this is hilarious and I gotta give kudos to Brent for commitment to "the bit". :lol:

Last edited:
Fun fact, seatbelts were controversial when they started appearing more regularly in the 1940s. People believed they would trap you in your vehicle during an accident, not allow you to escape if the car was sinking in the water, and would cause way more internal injuries. There was also a pretty common myth that the devices failed frequently so they weren't worth using.
When I was younger ( in the 80's when seatbelts were still an option, not mandatory) I would hear: "If he had been wearing his seatbelt he would have died!" I would reply: "He got lucky, it had nothing to do with any danger associated with seatbelts." From the day I bought my first car I have always worn a seatbelt.

Later, as a firefighter/medic I saw many accident fatalities that would have survived if the person had been wearing seatbelts, and many victims survive due to not only their seatbelts but airbags.

When I was younger ( in the 80's when seatbelts were still an option, not mandatory) I would hear: "If he had been wearing his seatbelt he would have died!" I would reply: "He got lucky, it had nothing to do with any danger associated with seatbelts." From the day I bought my first car I have always worn a seatbelt.

Later, as a firefighter/medic I saw many accident fatalities that would have survived if the person had been wearing seatbelts, and many victims survive due to not only their seatbelts but airbags.
Last fall there were four of us from work that had to drive about 3 hours away for training. We all went in the same vehicle. This was the first time I had been anywhere with these folks. I was in the passenger side rear seat. I was wearing my seat belt, the person in front of me was wearing his seat belt. But the driver and the person next to me did not wear their seat belts the entire trip over there and back. Plus the driver was on his phone texting while driving at various times during the trip.

Needless to say that will be my last time going anywhere with a group from here unless I'm driving. Or I will just drive my own car. Plus we had to stop to eat on the way over and again on the way back and then we had to make restroom stops. All of that stuff I can do without. I just want to go over there and back. I don't need to make an entire experience out of it.

Back