The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,569 comments
3031.jpg

Man looks like he gambled on a fart and lost while the dude in the red tie (I don't know who he is) is getting a whiff. Also, can someone teach Jim how to tie a tie because that's on par with my non-existent tying skills.

1697566790305.png

Last edited:
Man looks like he gambled on a fart and lost while the dude in the red tie (I don't know who he is) is getting a whiff. Also, can someone teach Jim how to tie a tie because that's on par with my non-existent tying skills.

View attachment 1296008
I always went for Windsor knots as a kid as asymmetrical ties trigger my OCD.

View attachment 1296008
Looks like he's being asked what he knows about a colleague molesting young men under his charge.

Powell is still actively spreading election lies and claims her plea was extorted.
On the bright side, nothing discussed between her and Trump is subject to attorney-client privilege as he says she was never his attorney.

It is actually an important part of the conspiracy theory that legal proceedings are exempt from the truth. The believers expect that their leaders will say whatever they need to say in court to avoid prison. And anything they say in court is therefore expected to be false, and everything they say directly to their faithful is assumed true. This was explained to me directly, in essentially these words, when Fox claimed that a reasonable person wouldn't assume Tucker Carlson's show was factual in court. Since the courts are "in on it", you're supposed to lie in court.

Powell claiming that her guilty plea was extorted and re-affirming previous lies is therefore exactly what the conspiracy-minded expect, and it allows them to ignore legal proceedings entirely. Not just in her case, but in all of them.

Imagine believing a conspiracy because you think you can trust someone who lies in court.

The conspiracy believers are telling on themselves with this as well. When they think someone is out to get them (always), they're willing to say whatever they need to say to avoid consequences. In related news:

33% of republicans support "Because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country."

Last edited:
This is beginning to seem an awful lot like seditious libel, which I know is difficult to prosecute.

Also, this is why you don't give criminals like Powell what results as a slap on the wrist. She actively participated in attempting to undermine the core principle of our government and walked away with a punishment that's tamer than someone caught with weed. Six-years probation and $8,700 in fines is incredibly tame and nothing was even considered a felony. Why she's not behind bars is a disgrace.

This is beginning to seem an awful lot like seditious libel, which I know is difficult to prosecute.

Also, this is why you don't give criminals like Powell what results as a slap on the wrist. She actively participated in attempting to undermine the core principle of our government and walked away with a punishment that's tamer than someone caught with weed. Six-years probation and $8,700 in fines is incredibly tame and nothing was even considered a felony. Why she's not behind bars is a disgrace.

Presumably the plea was for some kind of information or testimony. But I hope it had provisions for some kind of recourse if she went out and publicly ruined her credibility (again).

Last edited:

Yep. If she’s out here going about her usual BS, her deal should be revoked and she should face maximum sentencing.

Presumably the plea was for some kind of information or testimony. But I hope it had provisions for some kind of recourse if she went out and publicly ruined her credibility (again).
I would hope this eventuality is covered under her six years' of probation.

I'm not convinced that her agreed testimoney against, presumably Trump himself, will give sufficient leverage to the case against him. Not if she's still in the mindset that she or any of them actually did anything wrong in the first place. She's a lawyer at the end of the day so knows exactly how to work the system to her advantage.

Plea bargaining appears to be a far too common feature of US court trials. I hope the prosecution doesn't offer pleas to them all. I can see it now, they all take pleas in lieu of offering to testify and then Trump gets off on a technicality. No justice gets served and no lessons get learned.

Last edited:
1) Remember when Trump said take their guns first, ask questions later?
2) Obama deported 1.18 million in his 1st 3 years, Trump deported under 800,000.

1) Remember when Trump said take their guns first, ask questions later?
2) Obama deported 1.18 million in his 1st 3 years, Trump deported under 800,000.
Whats interesting how Ben Garrison tries to make Donald Trump handsome in his cartoons.

Back