The Realistic Photo Thread

United States
Cincinnati, OH
Saw the opportunity to get this thread started on the Forza 4 side of things. I don't have the game yet but will be posting photo's when I do!

Some Rules Before Posting. (If you have already posted pictures, please reread)

- You can post a picture, or a number of pictures, but try not to go too much over 5 or so, 10 at the most, if it really comes to that.

- The subject(s) of your pictures(s) may be anything; a car or cars, scenery, weather, but try to make it something interesting. For example, don't take a picture of a realistic-looking concrete texture in closeup; people want to see something fascinating or amazing, not boring.

- Try to post realistic looking pictures. There are no restrictions, but be reasonable. Does it look like a car taken with a real camera, or does it look like it's out of a cartoon?

- You may comment on other people's pictures, but try not to make the thread text-based; the point of it is for people to see and enjoy the amazing views that can be seen in FM4.

- No negative comments! You can critique people's work, but try not to criticize in a mean or negative way. Stick to the rules of the forum, and try to be nice. It never feels good to be told your picture sucks.

- Try to use Flickr for your photo uploads. If you don't have a Flickr account, sign up and follow the steps; if you're on ForzaPlanet, you can sign up to Flickr. As far as I know, Flickr provides the highest quality image links. After uploading, I would suggest going to image size "Medium 640" or "Large" on Flickr, right clicking the image, clicking "View Image," and copying the url into
wraps. This way, all the pictures will be the same size and quality, and there won't be any complaints about the image sizes being too big for the screen. If anybody has any better suggestions, such as a better site to use or any tips, feel free to PM me.

- Try to stick to photos straight out of FM4. If you must edit them, please indicate that you have done so in the post.

That's about it.

And... Go!

Finally we can get pictures that will be close to photorealism. I was very sad when I didn't find a single realistic image in over 300 pages on FM.net's photorealistic thread for FM3.

Since my photo was not up to par, I do not want it being first...sorry fellas, I will look to see some ideal shots and see what is acceptable.

Hint for people, try to stay out of the warehouse and studio environments. The lighting is fine and looks very realistic but the cars themselves are often way too shiny and will come out looking fake.

Hint for people, try to stay out of the warehouse and studio environments. The lighting is fine and looks very realistic but the cars themselves are often way too shiny and will come out looking fake.

+1, the car doesn't look good in the shot above imo

Here we go

Only thing done to it was a re-size and conversion to JPEG. That's pretty much what my car looked like in the showroom before I ordered it (different spec but you know what I mean).

Scaff

Well, the car looks as if it's not moving. So... again, i'd hope your car wasn't moving. Cause I usually don't just stop on the nordschleife. but htat's just me.

The car was moving. But I used a fast shutter speed, so it creates a perfect still with no blur.

As for stopping on the ring. It's just a game.

realism1post.jpg

Added grain effects, changed lighting and colour balance and added border in Photoshop. I forgot to install a rollcage though! :lol:

Back