The Realistic Photo Thread

RRpJs.jpg

Because the lid and engine compartment are the only part of the car that is made of gold. It talks about that in the Autovista.

Doesn't matter if the lid is the only part that is gold. The car is worth like a million or more USD. A little bit of gold vs a lot of car. Again, might as well just nick the whole car.

One thing that always bugs me in 'realistic' threads is people using effects such as 'tilt-shift' that in real-life photography are intended to be anything but photo-realism. It ruins the whole point of the thread, imo.

VXR
One thing that always bugs me in 'realistic' threads is people using effects such as 'tilt-shift' that in real-life photography are intended to be anything but photo-realism. It ruins the whole point of the thread, imo.

I have a feeling you don't understand the point...

VXR
How can a real-life picture not be photo realistic? What kind of logic is that?

Because those artistic techniques are not straight-up photographic realism. If you were asked to take a picture of an item for use in an encyclopaedia and came back with a tilt-shift abstract image you'd have missed the point of photo-realism entirely.

Photo-realism is capturing an image in the exact way the eye sees it; tilt-shift, high-contrast, over-saturated, vignetted images etc are not photo-realism.

Oh, really?

Wikipedia
Photorealism is the genre of painting based on using the camera and photographs to gather information and then from this information, creating a painting that appears to be very realistic like a photograph. The term is primarily applied to paintings from the United States art movement that began in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Photorealism, and you can look that up if you want to, too, is also used when reffering to rendered graphics that replicate the real world well enough that the onlooker is fooled into believing that the picture is indeed a real photo. The term was, of course, derived from the artistic style of photorealism which strives to create an artificial picture that, again, replicates a real photo close enough to fool someone into thinking it is just that.

So, yes, this thread is indeed very spot on with what's being shown. Besides, go and take a loook at, say, Speedhunters and the kind of pictures you're seeing there and tell me whether they're just trying to take pictures that could "appear in an encyclopedia".

Oh, really?

Photorealism, and you can look that up if you want to, too, is also used when reffering to rendered graphics that replicate the real world well enough that the onlooker is fooled into believing that the picture is indeed a real photo. The term was, of course, derived from the artistic style of photorealism which strives to create an artificial picture that, again, replicates a real photo close enough to fool someone into thinking it is just that.

So, yes, this thread is indeed very spot on with what's being shown. Besides, go and take a loook at, say, Speedhunters and the kind of pictures you're seeing there and tell me whether they're just trying to take pictures that could "appear in an encyclopedia".

+1

Back