The Weather Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,758 comments
  • 605,727 views
Been snowing all day so far.
 
It went from about 60 yesterday to 28 right now, with a wind chill of 14.
 
1°C (but is feels colder and) no cloud to be seen. Beautiful sunny weather.
 
After an all night blizzard Friday night dumped 5-7" of snow, temps have dropped to single digits. :grumpy:
 
My bad @TB I searched titles only for The Weather Thread and clicked the first one without reading.

It's still cold...
 
Very cold here too

upload_2019-1-21_16-26-12.png


That's in Fahrenheit.
 
They promised snow. Where is the snow? I want snow. It is cold enough to have snow.


EDIT: ask and you will receive. It is snowing at the moment.



It seems there are two weather threads. I didn't even notice. :O
 
Last edited:
Sun here in Middle Tennessee this morning. Rain and more snow tomorrow.
 
In my neck of the woods we have the exact opposite to most of you. It's going to be very, very hot here for the next couple of days. So hot that Thursday could be the hottest day on record here. Temperatures are in Celsius.

Untitled.png
 
In my neck of the woods we have the exact opposite to most of you. It's going to be very, very hot here for the next couple of days. So hot that Thursday could be the hottest day on record here. Temperatures are in Celsius.

View attachment 794503
I live in Adelaide to, :banghead:
we are starting work 2 hours early today due to the heat.
 
Well it's official, today is Adelaide's hottest day on record beating the previous record from 1939 by .1c (so far).

Untitled.png


Edit: I knew I should have waited. It's now 46.3c :eek:

I live in Adelaide to, :banghead:
we are starting work 2 hours early today due to the heat.
I hope you got to go home really early.
 
Well it's official, today is Adelaide's hottest day on record beating the previous record from 1939 by .1c (so far).

View attachment 794879

Edit: I knew I should have waited. It's now 46.3c :eek:

I hope you got to go home really early.
Going home now, beer in hand :D
 
Meanwhile in the north of Sweden, it’s been -20°c to -27°c for a week now. With some wind just to make sure you feel you’re alive (for a while, until you can’t feel your face anymore).
 
Gonna be a hot one 1 degree Fahrenheit on Wednesday and that’s the high temperature. Michigan yay.
28D1565C-052C-4351-8FF0-AA2E79F748F1.png
 
37°C - 46°C in Australia and -20°C - -27°C in Sweden. We are almost right in the middle (not completely correct). Between 1°C and - 2°C.
 
Had a pretty sizeable blizzard roll through last night into this morning. Thanks to that, I don't have any college classes until 3pm today :cheers:
 
The snow is sublimating.
 
Had a pretty sizeable blizzard roll through last night into this morning. Thanks to that, I don't have any college classes until 3pm today :cheers:
We started at 10:30.

It's currently a balmy -6F with a -26F windchill. Low tonight is supposed to be -18F. Hopefully with little to no wind.
 
TB
We started at 10:30.

It's currently a balmy -6F with a -26F windchill. Low tonight is supposed to be -18F. Hopefully with little to no wind.
Hey against the cold protected Scandinavian guy you have 30,000 posts.
 
Hey against the cold protected Scandinavian guy you have 30,000 posts.
Huh, so I do. Gotta do something to keep warm.
 
Currently about 18°F, going down to -10°F tonight with windchill of ~-30°F.

Going to be a cold weekend.
 
It is going to get warmer 👍 and rain 👎.
 
TB
They're already talking about campus being closed the next two days.
Some of the school districts here in Southeast Michigan have already closed for the next three days. I'm not sure if any of the colleges/universities have closed yet, but won't be shocked if they do.
 
TB
They're already talking about campus being closed the next two days.
We just got classes called off for tomorrow.
 
I guess it's the same here. Did not see a single school bus running at all today. Plus, we're not expected to break above 0 degrees F for the next few days. Guess I'll go make some hot chocolate and just relax inside.
 
All of this talk of extreme weather and I'm stuck here with the most boring weather I've ever seen. Grey skies, dirty roads and brown sludge everywhere from the salt and grit spreading, slightly damp conditions and 2°C/36°F. :grumpy: I hope it snows soon so there's something interesting to look at.
 
Back