There should be a way to “test drive” cars, especially legendary cars

You might think you did, but you’d be wrong. No GT game since the very first one has ever given you free cars right out of the box, you have had to grind for them since 1999, anyone who expected anything different has no one but themselves to blame for the disappointment.
Sure. 2.0 is typical game score. :D I am the only fool here and everybody else is happy with it. They didn't want to try new cars, they are happy, the game is dead and they never tried most cars.

Sure. 2.0 is typical game score. :D I am the only fool here and everybody else is happy with it. They didn't want to try new cars, they are happy, the game is dead and they never tried most cars.

I don’t care what the reviews say, or how much anyone else likes or dislikes the game, not in the least bit. I form my own opinions, I don’t need reviewers or the internet to think for me, thank you very much. The game is pretty much a typical GT game, anyone who expected anything else, was just setting themselves up for disappointment, like I said before. I like the game just fine, and while there are things that could be improved no doubt, it’s still basically exactly what I expected it to be. Just because you and others had unrealistic expectations for the game when it came out, doesn’t make it a bad game, it makes you silly for expecting anything other than a typical PD/GT game. They will never change, it’s just how PD does.

Last edited:
I don’t care what the reviews say, or how much anyone else likes or dislikes the game, not in the least bit. I form my own opinions, I don’t need reviewers or the internet to think for me, thank you very much. The game is pretty much a typical GT game, anyone who expected anything else, was just setting themselves up for disappointment, like I said before. I like the game just fine, and while there are things that could be improved no doubt, it’s still basically exactly what I expected it to be. Just because you and others had unrealistic expectations for the game when it came out, doesn’t make it a bad game, it makes you silly for expecting anything other than a typical PD/GT game. They will never change, it’s just how PD does.
I am typical sheep and the game is trash. Check the score!

I am typical sheep and the game is trash. Check the score!

Why would anyone else’s opinion of the game, have any effect on my enjoyment of the game? You’re argument makes absolutely no sense, are you trying to say that because some people have given it a bad rating, that this means that I should not like the game because of it? That’s a pretty dumb argument if so.

Why would anyone else’s opinion of the game, have any effect on my enjoyment of the game? You’re argument makes absolutely no sense, are you trying to say that because some people have given it a bad rating, that this means that I should not like the game because of it? That’s a pretty dumb argument if so.
That's true. Cruel truth is the score is real and there is a reason for it. :D

You’re welcome to believe whatever you like man, enjoy not enjoying your game then I guess. 🤷‍♂️
They could fix it at least for 3.0 score. But it's May and April patch never came. Many my friends are already on Horizon 5 because it's good game.

They could fix it at least for 3.0 score. But it's May and April patch never came. Many my friends are already on Horizon 5 because it's good game.

Then what are you doing here complaining about GT? Forza awaits man!! Have they figured out how to make Forza actually work with a wheel yet? I remember hearing that it wasn’t even playable with a wheel, that seems to be a pretty big issue for a “good” racing game to have. 😂

"Lots of other people don't like the game [including two different sets of review-bombers protesting for two different reasons] so therefore you're wrong to enjoy it" is certainly a take.

What patch? There was an update on the 25th of April.

Then what are you doing here complaining about GT? Forza awaits man!! Have they figured out how to make Forza actually work with a wheel yet? I remember hearing that it wasn’t even playable with a wheel, that seems to be a pretty big issue for a “good” racing game to have. 😂
Who cares about wheels? Gamepad is the right way. I play mostly ACC but my friends don't like serious racers.
What patch? There was an update on the 25th of April.

The patch with some content. Never came.

If you were to go to an Exotic car dealership do you think that they will just let you "Test Drive" their cars
I'm gonna step into Hagerty and ask them to test drive the 250 GTO.
If the buyer is verified, dealers or those representing a seller, will schedule a way for them to test the vehicle or have someone qualified come test the vehicle to verify it.

Folks buying 6-7+ figure cars sight unseen are usually either passionate collectors or investors.

Last edited:
The patch with some content. Never came.
The update that was in the article I linked did add some content and there was also another one in early April as well.

So in April we got:

From update 1.11 (07/04/2022)

- The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・World Touring Car 600 Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise
  ・World Touring Car 700 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit
  ・World Touring Car 800 Sardegna - Road Track - A

- Added ‘The Human Comedy’ to Missions, containing 1-hour endurance races. ‘The Human Comedy’ will become available at Collector Level 23. Each endurance race will award up to 1,200,000 Cr. per event;

From update 1.13 (25/04/2022)

- The following three new cars have been added:
  ・ Subaru BRZ GT300 ’21 (Purchasable at Brand Central;)
  ・ Subaru BRZ S ’21 (Purchasable at Brand Central;)
  ・ Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) ’91 (Purchasable from 26 April at the Used Cars dealership.)
- Spa-Francorchamps 24h Layout has been added.
 - The following three events have been added at Spa-Francorchamps:
  ・European Sunday Cup 500
  ・Japanese Clubman Cup 550
  ・World Touring Car 800

So which patch never came? And what content?

Yeah, I mean, who ever bought a car irl without test driving it first?
Technically anyone who's ever bought a new car, although normally they test drive a similar vehicle before ordering it.

Also the last... five, I think, used cars I've bought I've done so without driving them. Though the most expensive of those was £2,000.

The update that was in the article I linked did add some content and there was also another one in early April as well.

So in April we got:

From update 1.11 (07/04/2022)

- The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・World Touring Car 600 Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise
  ・World Touring Car 700 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit
  ・World Touring Car 800 Sardegna - Road Track - A

- Added ‘The Human Comedy’ to Missions, containing 1-hour endurance races. ‘The Human Comedy’ will become available at Collector Level 23. Each endurance race will award up to 1,200,000 Cr. per event;

From update 1.13 (25/04/2022)

- The following three new cars have been added:
  ・ Subaru BRZ GT300 ’21 (Purchasable at Brand Central;)
  ・ Subaru BRZ S ’21 (Purchasable at Brand Central;)
  ・ Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) ’91 (Purchasable from 26 April at the Used Cars dealership.)
- Spa-Francorchamps 24h Layout has been added.
 - The following three events have been added at Spa-Francorchamps:
  ・European Sunday Cup 500
  ・Japanese Clubman Cup 550
  ・World Touring Car 800

So which patch never came? And what content?
2 of three races are without weather prediction - not possible.

Missions are not for me. I don't care about one hour something. I want normal racing with exact difficulty (60 to 120, for instance).

Cars are fine but there are not races.

Patch with some content to play. If your description is OK to you, it's fine. I didn't find anything usable there.

2 of three races are without weather prediction - not possible.

Missions are not for me. I don't care about one hour something. I want normal racing with exact difficulty (60 to 120, for instance).

Cars are fine but there are not races.

Patch with some content to play. If your description is OK to you, it's fine. I didn't find anything usable there.
You can literally make any race you want in custom races, what’s the issue?

You can literally make any race you want in custom races, what’s the issue?
The issue is the same for months. You can't earn any money which means no cars for you. You can play custom races with 5 cars until you die. I thought patch could fix this.

The issue is the same for months. You can't earn any money which means no cars for you. You can play custom races with 5 cars until you die. I thought patch could fix this.
I just ran the script for a while, I haven’t had to grind at all. I only have 8 cars left to collect, and didn’t have to manually drive a single mile of grinding.

I just ran the script for a while, I haven’t had to grind at all. I only have 8 cars left to collect, and didn’t have to manually drive a single mile of grinding.
Same here with grinding but don't have many cars. Scripts is complete non-sense. I don't use electricity to earn useless cars I already paid for. Do you see it, you play their game!

You can't earn any money
You can't?

Guess the easy 47m from Circuit Experience and the repeatable 2.2m/hr you get from the v1.12 races (or 3.3m/hr if you glitch a Tomahawk) are an illusion.

Then again, since they came in an update you say didn't happen...

Same here with grinding but don't have many cars. Scripts is complete non-sense. I don't use electricity to earn useless cars I already paid for. Do you see it, you play their game!
You do you, I’m gonna sit back and enjoy all my free cars. 👍

How can you sit there and call it GTS2 when they have Nerfed all the online racing stuff that was in GTS? This comment makes zero sense at all, lobbies have zero options now, and sport mode is a shell of what it was in GTS. The offline guys got what they wanted in GT7, a remake of GT4 with newer graphics basically. GT7 is anything but GTS2 lol.
It maybe a GT7 to you but to me it's a GT Sport 2 game, because it does not feel like I am playing a traditional numbered game. Playing GT4, GT5 & 6 the other day and then playing GT7 which is a GT Sport type game, it's a poorly design game like GT Sport was. So it may feel like a little bit of content from the past GT games, but its really not a true traditional numbered game. PD should not have had anything from GT Sport in the game.

If GT7 was a traditional numbered game then it would have been rated heaps better, but it's a not and nowhere near a traditional type game. The dealership for buying new cars is the same as GT Sport which is kind of stupid and that is not from the traditional numbered GT series, which means it should have never been in there in the first place. This game we got now is terrible, because it's missing a lot of good things which tells me PD has cut a lot of corners. I honestly thought GT7 was going to be the best game ever, but it turned out to be shocker of a game.

There is so much wrong with this game, Legendary cars to buy is a joke and all cars should be all available to buy. The garage is a mess, the dealership is thrown in from GT Sport, and PD call it a GT7 game is not it's just a GT Sport 2 game with things missing from GT Sport.

Back on topic now, and there should not be option in a racing game to test drive a car before you buy. In real life you can test drive a car before you buy from the dealership, but that is for roads users and not on a race track.

CBH
Back on topic now, and there should not be option in a racing game to test drive a car before you buy. In real life you can test drive a car before you buy from the dealership, but that is for roads users and not on a race track.
Strange reason, given how much of the game bears no resemblance to reality already. In real life you don't go to a random event at a race track and get given a car for finishing in the top three each time. In real life you have more than 30 used cars to choose from at any one time. In real life you don't buy a car based solely on looking at an advert. In real life you don't earn money to buy cars solely by entering races, or completing time trials or whatever.

So try again, in the video game world of Gran Turismo, why shouldn't we be able to try cars before buying them? What is the negatives on doing that?

CBH
It maybe a GT7 to you but to me it's a GT Sport 2 game, because it does not feel like I am playing a traditional numbered game. Playing GT4, GT5 & 6 the other day and then playing GT7 which is a GT Sport type game, it's a poorly design game like GT Sport was. So it may feel like a little bit of content from the past GT games, but its really not a true traditional numbered game. PD should not have had anything from GT Sport in the game.

If GT7 was a traditional numbered game then it would have been rated heaps better, but it's a not and nowhere near a traditional type game. The dealership for buying new cars is the same as GT Sport which is kind of stupid and that is not from the traditional numbered GT series, which means it should have never been in there in the first place. This game we got now is terrible, because it's missing a lot of good things which tells me PD has cut a lot of corners. I honestly thought GT7 was going to be the best game ever, but it turned out to be shocker of a game.

There is so much wrong with this game, Legendary cars to buy is a joke and all cars should be all available to buy. The garage is a mess, the dealership is thrown in from GT Sport, and PD call it a GT7 game is not it's just a GT Sport 2 game with things missing from GT Sport.

And Theron lies the difference, expectations. I didn’t expect GT7 to be anything more than it ended up being, in fact, with the announcement of it being a duel console game, I actually thought it was going to be way worse. Getting your hopes up is the best way to get yourself disappointed. 👍

Last edited:
You can't?

Guess the easy 47m from Circuit Experience and the repeatable 2.2m/hr you get from the v1.12 races (or 3.3m/hr if you glitch a Tomahawk) are an illusion.

Then again, since they came in an update you say didn't happen...
It's not my kind of fun. Imagine ACC with simpler physics. It's not there. I don't care about any fantasy car grinding or CE with not my car. Or without weather prediction.

Exactly, no update. I still use championships since day 1. They are rather OK but a bit boring after 3 months so I mixed it with custom races (even less money).

It's not my kind of fun. Imagine ACC with simpler physics. It's not there. I don't care about any fantasy car grinding or CE with not my car. Or without weather prediction.

Exactly, no update. I still use championships since day 1. They are rather OK but a bit boring after 3 months so I mixed it with custom races (even less money).
I’d be bored to death after 3 months racing against any games AI, how can people do that? Even iRacing and ACC’s AI are boring as heck to race against, you can hit reset any time, which removes any of the challenge. Racing against real people is where the fun is at, you can’t hit reset, and you can actually race, you should try it sometime.

Absolutely agree! It's so easy to buy useless car. The most of 20M cars useless specialy.
I have bought more then 50 legendary cars, and I really like only Mercedes CLK Gr2, McLaren F1 Gr2, McLaren F1 Gr3, Alfa Romeo 155 Gr4, all Gr1 cars. All road cars are beautiful, but I can't drive good on it

I’d be bored to death after 3 months racing against any games AI, how can people do that? Even iRacing and ACC’s AI are boring as heck to race against, you can hit reset any time, which removes any of the challenge. Racing against real people is where the fun is at, you can’t hit reset, and you can actually race, you should try it sometime.
If I want great racing, I can do R3E. GT7 is about driving in traffic which is good skill, it's not racing. MP could be fine but I usually don't have time for it.

Back