Thoughts and question about GT7 on PS4

Austria
Austria
Heyhey,
hows it going? I was just playing GT7 and obviously the discussions about economy did pop up on my radar.
When i startet GT7 i thought "thats not so bad" then i tried to tune and upgrade stuff and took long hard look at those prices.
And then at the prices of those cars. And then at the payouts. Its bad. Pretty bad.
I know that PD will deliver free content as they always have (Senna DLC for GT6 was absolutely brilliant) but to compensate for it with this kind of push for MTX.. its not good.

So i am playing on PS4 and i was wondering waht you think about the following things:
PS4 does in generell play great, but i noticed severe slowdown on SPA during the Porsche Cup today, anyone had that? I had severe framedrops, maybe disabling HDR would help?
What do you think about rain races? I personally would be happy without any kind of rain races. Racing cars is hard as it is.
What you think about the UI in GT7. Personally i feel it looks dated. What about this worlmap? And those roulette tickets? They just look bad.. i mean the roulette tickets are whole nother story where the game suggests that the chance is 1/5th but its clearly not. The internal percentage of with price you get is certainly different, but it looks like 1/5th for every price. So its deceiving.

At the end i have to say i love the racing. The Phsyics feel great, i really love GT3 cars, the feel amazing to drive.

I'll just be touching upon the PS4 version. As a whole, the PS4 port is adequate, a perfect compromise for those that can't get the PS5 version. Aside from the slow load times, slightly worse visual fidelity, lack of raytracing, more inconsistent FPS, lack of haptic feedback on Dualshock 4 and the possibility of the PS4 version not receiving the same updates as the PS5 version, I think it runs mostly well, for such an old console, anyway.

The UI is fine, albeit confusing and slow. It could be improved by consolidating many menus and just fixing the loading times. Not awful, by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes, the framerates can be really horrid, especially during torrential rain, with 20 cars on the grid, regardless of the race course. It's mostly noticeable during the start of the race, but once cars spread apart from one another, then the framerate normalizes. Don't know how the HDR function works, as I don't have a television that supports it, but I doubt that disabling it would fix the framerate.

Back