Thursday Fun Night (Re-named)

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 1,733 comments
I would like to propose the following change to our TFN Mini-Series: :)

- Only current teams can race during our bi-weekly mini-series events.

After our race, 'new' members can join in for the rest of the evening. New teams are encouraged to join us but must complete the series qualifier and agree with our racing philosophy of 'Gentlemen' racing...👍

"If you wish to join us there is a Qualifier to be run on-line @ Sardegna CII

Car GrB Ford Focus on sport soft tires.

One out lap then two flying laps post the best time here in this thread.

You can take practice laps if you wish, PIT then one out lap and two hotlaps, post your best time."
Please post up your laps times here and we will make up temporary teams for the last two Gr.3 races and then I would propose going forward with picking new teams from the combined lap times. :)
This is a member driven racing night - as Phillip has always stated: This is your TFN. Please let me know your thoughts on this change. 👍

:gtpflag: Thursday Fun Night! a.k.a: 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' :gtpflag:

the-league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen-2.jpg

I'm sure we're Lost

by0CVVInVyHPog15aOALvDJwxSeqN4L4kaZYszmBbp-02ghPCvfvOkFxtd9xwUnP3iMXlgM3HbOI2ieogMQ_j4zaCOIMjOGErXuywiJ0g8TpBVv3myJBLiVja-gUrdQWAhWmNzRiPmBDPuG27YLhYWyWBcQih35OUQ_-xcu07HfKEIF_oyPQZeF1J2qFNtVvIzZoUKfRcOaiiXty6O2h8PjeeAXXZGS69QaHpqwcqTzyd7ePeT4Cj270y5f_IRHgiXJ279d8X5zI-ZXSDrNXMDZMLSxmWx99rszIXFwqXj_c9xqBVNTT1jrwZ42sMD3TEtCEJ0C0UBA1qMEh0N-xU2giMsjzTSwUflGdiFwaTW_2FVuRWN2tplOUPrbujhCVx6ByDnBdd6fEGWzKqMQ4hD_Ufp7iIrQlH9MjYHCyXXu0FpizDi-xy8rV7H2k868nlVQ_puOjAaI-k23omnSHaCI8pixjdrNqeUsedmenydMKzUll8iimctV0SEVnaS-7h-CIZws7X4DX-ASqzpdEw8xjEB0zcs3suGBRizYGJzHaB_jrcx9uw-_I9tm0UT9Ab2xkXCb-YeUJGbeu4A09GFjuHseS-63uKKlcD5Y2o9HoicufbXnWuztUVGKyvE5q7bNLabmy6DLp2n3I-OmxN5fW2vEyrtG3uEUD1AhzJfskchlsB1PvwA=w1608-h904-no

Time Trial & Head to Head
Maggiore West II

As this race is RS/RM/RH on the Race Series calendar, for the T/T you can use Racing Mediums and post your times in the thread below.

Head to Head is a 3 lap sprint.

First-round fastest pair at the sharpest point of the grid, slowest pair at the dullest (blunt) end of the grid, spaced at intervals of 10 seconds. :D

Second-round is a reverse grid, this time with only a 5-second spacing interval :scared: you know you're going to love it.

Time Trial lap time. (RM)

1. 1'22.319 ---------- Argon
  2. 1'22.782 ---------- Dranddad
  3. 1'24.655 ---------- Oldguy58

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a heads up for our Endurance race On the 26th March,
Kyoto Driving Park ----------------------------------------- Kart 125 shifter (Track Miyabi)
Link to Endurance list

List updated

@Argon Thanks Mike looks like I forgot to mention about the BoP yet again, just incase the gray-matter continues not to function. In a mix group of Gr3/Gr2/Gr1 rounds always set BoP for the track in the offline T/T thanks.

Last edited:
Crage.

Read this post that Larry has posted. open an online room and run the Qualifier and post the best lap time from the 3 laps (one out / two hot laps) We'll pick up your time and add you to our participant's list.

There are three more rounds to come in the mini-series Gr3/Gr2/Gr1 I'm sure there will be others wanting to join to make up a pairing.

Here is the OP for the series,

Plus there is the T/T and head to head race, which is also good fun for entertainment.

Edit: I see from your profile you're also from the WM

Crage.

Read this post that Larry has posted. open an online room and run the Qualifier and post the best lap time from the 3 laps (one out / two hot laps) We'll pick up your time and add you to our participant's list.

There are three more rounds to come in the mini-series Gr3/Gr2/Gr1 I'm sure there will be others wanting to join to make up a pairing.

Here is the OP for the series,

Plus there is the T/T and head to head race, which is also good fun for entertainment.

Edit: I see from your profile you're also from the WM
Cheers for the info. Will have a pop at it a wee bit later tonight.
Yep WM just down from Birmingham in Redditch for my sins.

I'm sure we're Lost

by0CVVInVyHPog15aOALvDJwxSeqN4L4kaZYszmBbp-02ghPCvfvOkFxtd9xwUnP3iMXlgM3HbOI2ieogMQ_j4zaCOIMjOGErXuywiJ0g8TpBVv3myJBLiVja-gUrdQWAhWmNzRiPmBDPuG27YLhYWyWBcQih35OUQ_-xcu07HfKEIF_oyPQZeF1J2qFNtVvIzZoUKfRcOaiiXty6O2h8PjeeAXXZGS69QaHpqwcqTzyd7ePeT4Cj270y5f_IRHgiXJ279d8X5zI-ZXSDrNXMDZMLSxmWx99rszIXFwqXj_c9xqBVNTT1jrwZ42sMD3TEtCEJ0C0UBA1qMEh0N-xU2giMsjzTSwUflGdiFwaTW_2FVuRWN2tplOUPrbujhCVx6ByDnBdd6fEGWzKqMQ4hD_Ufp7iIrQlH9MjYHCyXXu0FpizDi-xy8rV7H2k868nlVQ_puOjAaI-k23omnSHaCI8pixjdrNqeUsedmenydMKzUll8iimctV0SEVnaS-7h-CIZws7X4DX-ASqzpdEw8xjEB0zcs3suGBRizYGJzHaB_jrcx9uw-_I9tm0UT9Ab2xkXCb-YeUJGbeu4A09GFjuHseS-63uKKlcD5Y2o9HoicufbXnWuztUVGKyvE5q7bNLabmy6DLp2n3I-OmxN5fW2vEyrtG3uEUD1AhzJfskchlsB1PvwA=w1608-h904-no

Maggiore West II

As this race is RS/RM/RH on the Race Series calendar, for the T/T you can use Racing Mediums and post your times in the thread below.

First-round fastest pair at the sharpest point of the grid, slowest pair at the dullest (blunt) end of the grid, spaced at intervals of 10 seconds. :D

Second-round is a reverse grid, this time with only a 5-second spacing interval :scared: you know you're going to love it.

1. 1'21.782 ---------- MichaelV
  2. 1'22.256 ---------- Wookie
  3. 1'22.319 ---------- Argon
  4. 1'22.782 ---------- Dranddad
  5. 1'23.227 ---------- Mr Bass
  6. 1'24.655 ---------- Oldguy58
  7. 1'25.069 ---------- Metal721

Kyoto Driving Park ----------------------------------------- Kart 125 shifter (Track Miyabi)
Link to Endurance list

[/QUOTE]

List updated.

Please if you could make time for the offline TT it would help me get in front of things, thanks.

Last edited:
TFN is soon to host a small short race duration mini-series into Thursday fun night.

Races will be approximately 20 to 30 minutes long.

Starting with any Gr4. on BoP

F13pmmblP3hcuDao8HPsVZB0tgmRdAgrnSMT6YvmF_J97IBCkYVhr8SyrztYMStMiAX2oezL_6N90pmhOSTdNEZtVdsOGQ2vfy2kHJ7Oa9-zoO8fbPR-hq5haU2SGYS7tLViJB6ucGr2TwT_4wQGB85cqXL5Q_dxDjhcRmP9R4IAv4KO5Rghhjj1tW0jFhLRnBQZ9GyPhQdxLB2gDZcP9dmXS9ixsCq16dZB1vW0tlmRwrPcMGMYWk5A1snOewDdVE3yfLaVYOeOdZCHN_nwphu4JP8SmM6GY4R6C7dYoKC6jtNnZw91nM7_cyxKznbeCyThO49TSU2lA0H4faBd9vMDs2fWmAHavm2VuBD8vKxV84x8iZqql7SI9b6ounBMQ8RA1yQ2vOpc3sgWHpR7KySHRUIxoHgz9d7TC-EuNMclrdu1kxlb-vS0GH0nTMBUi3pxAZZV4x9WQ0O7qcpXThD9apdGQGv9mutAOZ9-RUPyUPj7VO7tlfMVxBPI5gL1ifyKZj1qBiN3nPP11TwGGsUvvYvOKCDuYL63Y7SbCGphtT7r28Xq4Ou4WNK3yg53y2BY9GhoO_RZPfVKmdfXaF3zEkKT_Ubm-pUoBAcSf2fjIuCKxQfEDjErs_a3DFSL-ezb1cFvg9gdJaOT-0JYMf0I9UL85Hu7Y6ZbDMlK5f7dWCX-jAz4Hg=w1920-h1080-no

If you wish to join us there is a Qualifier to be run on-line @ Sardegna CII

You can take practice laps if you wish, PIT then one out lap and two hotlaps, post your best time.

Please post any new quali times here so I can copy-paste into the list.

01) NaketWookie --------- 0'56.930
02) Dranddad ------------ 0'57.059
03) Argon ----------------- 0'57.105
04) Cobani --------------- 0'57.270
05) GeeTeye -------------- 0'57.406
06) Renrag39------------- 0'57.600
07) Bass Addict ---------- 0'57.801
08) Pigpin13 ------------- 0'58.006
09) Jamie ----------------- 0'58.090
10) MikeyLCR ------------ 0'59.350
11) Oldguy58 ------------ 1'00.631

More info to come

A little info first, this mini-series will be a two-man team event so we can give encouragement to your teammate. Why, because with real life we can't always all be here every week. If you're not able to make it, you still score the minimum points for your team.

Thanks to Larry for offering to keep a log of the points for each team.

Teams will be the fastest quali time with slowest quali time and so on down the qualifier list.
TFN is soon to host a small short race duration mini-series into Thursday fun night.

Races will be approximately 20 to 30 minutes long.

Starting with any Gr4. on BoP

F13pmmblP3hcuDao8HPsVZB0tgmRdAgrnSMT6YvmF_J97IBCkYVhr8SyrztYMStMiAX2oezL_6N90pmhOSTdNEZtVdsOGQ2vfy2kHJ7Oa9-zoO8fbPR-hq5haU2SGYS7tLViJB6ucGr2TwT_4wQGB85cqXL5Q_dxDjhcRmP9R4IAv4KO5Rghhjj1tW0jFhLRnBQZ9GyPhQdxLB2gDZcP9dmXS9ixsCq16dZB1vW0tlmRwrPcMGMYWk5A1snOewDdVE3yfLaVYOeOdZCHN_nwphu4JP8SmM6GY4R6C7dYoKC6jtNnZw91nM7_cyxKznbeCyThO49TSU2lA0H4faBd9vMDs2fWmAHavm2VuBD8vKxV84x8iZqql7SI9b6ounBMQ8RA1yQ2vOpc3sgWHpR7KySHRUIxoHgz9d7TC-EuNMclrdu1kxlb-vS0GH0nTMBUi3pxAZZV4x9WQ0O7qcpXThD9apdGQGv9mutAOZ9-RUPyUPj7VO7tlfMVxBPI5gL1ifyKZj1qBiN3nPP11TwGGsUvvYvOKCDuYL63Y7SbCGphtT7r28Xq4Ou4WNK3yg53y2BY9GhoO_RZPfVKmdfXaF3zEkKT_Ubm-pUoBAcSf2fjIuCKxQfEDjErs_a3DFSL-ezb1cFvg9gdJaOT-0JYMf0I9UL85Hu7Y6ZbDMlK5f7dWCX-jAz4Hg=w1920-h1080-no

If you wish to join us there is a Qualifier to be run on-line @ Sardegna CII

You can take practice laps if you wish, PIT then one out lap and two hotlaps, post your best time.

Please post any new quali times here so I can copy-paste into the list.

01) NaketWookie --------- 0'56.930
02) Dranddad ------------ 0'57.059
03) Argon ----------------- 0'57.105
04) Cobani --------------- 0'57.270
05) GeeTeye -------------- 0'57.406
06) Renrag39------------- 0'57.600
07) Bass Addict ---------- 0'57.801
08) Pigpin13 ------------- 0'58.006
09) Jamie ----------------- 0'58.090
10) MikeyLCR ------------ 0'59.350
11) Oldguy58 ------------ 1'00.631

More info to come

A little info first, this mini-series will be a two-man team event so we can give encouragement to your teammate. Why, because with real life we can't always all be here every week. If you're not able to make it, you still score the minimum points for your team.

Thanks to Larry for offering to keep a log of the points for each team.

Teams will be the fastest quali time with slowest quali time and so on down the qualifier list.

Hi guys got a 1:00:962

I'm sure we're Lost

Maggiore West II

1. 1'21.782 ---------- MichaelV
  2. 1'22.256 ---------- Wookie
  3. 1'22.319 ---------- Argon
  4. 1'22.782 ---------- Dranddad
  5. 1'23.227 ---------- Mr Bass
  6. 1'24.655 ---------- Oldguy58

Link to Endurance list

List updated.

Please if you could make time for the offline TT it would help me get in front of things, thanks.[/QUOTE]
Got a 1:25:069

I originally joined this group of merry souls because it was a haven where I could come and enjoy some light-hearted banter with like minded folks and get some good clean racing where winning at all costs was the very last objective but having fun with other respectful players in a good race was the most important thing. Occasionally (very occasionally), we would have an event (Blue Moon) where contact was almost encouraged and as a rare event they were great fun but these were not the norm.

Of late this session has become worse than a GTSport lobby! The standard of behaviour on track has gone beyond anything that even slightly resembles gentlemen racing. In three races yesterday I was quite literally a pin ball being battered, dive bombed and pushed out of the way and into others in every single race. This was NOT fun, at least for me, it was not even close to fun!

I don't want to spoil others idea of fun and if the consensus is that what transpired in yesterday's session is what you'd like going forward then that's fine. I'll thank you all for the great times I've had previously but will leave you all to it.

Last edited:
I think many of us, myself included, may need to rein ourselves in a bit.
However those on the receiving end should also accept that we are a mixed bag of experienced and not so experienced racers whose only exposure to GT racing has been the fustercluck of the dailies.
Plus some of the faster racers may need to learn to yield on occasion. There has to be give and take on both sides of this.

Fwiw Mike, I feel your outburst in the Kart race was inappropriate. Heat of the moment perhaps but it made me very uncomfortable.
I personally don't want to lose you from a group, you're an excellent racer, a top bloke and a font of knowledge for aspiring racers. You can teach us. Just don't berate us.

In future, it'd be far more adult of anyone who has a grievance to take it to another chat group and either clear the air or throw their collective toys out of the pram there.
A simple, 'I didn't like that, can we have a chat elsewhere about it?' Would suffice in the main lobby.

I've said my piece.

I originally joined this group of merry souls because it was a haven where I could come and enjoy some light-hearted banter with like minded folks and get some good clean racing where winning at all costs was the very last objective but having fun with other respectful players in a good race was the most important thing. Occasionally (very occasionally), we would have an event (Blue Moon) where contact was almost encouraged and as a rare event they were great fun but these were not the norm.

Of late this session has become worse than a GTSport lobby! The standard of behaviour on track has gone beyond anything that even slightly resembles gentlemen racing. In three races yesterday I was quite literally a pin ball being battered, dive bombed and pushed out of the way and into others in every single race. This was NOT fun, at least for me, it was not even close to fun!

I don't want to spoil others idea of fun and if the consensus is that what transpired in yesterday's session is what you'd like going forward then that's fine. I'll thank you all for the great times I've had previously but will leave you all to it.

I think many of us, myself included, may need to rein ourselves in a bit.
However those on the receiving end should also accept that we are a mixed bag of experienced and not so experienced racers whose only exposure to GT racing has been the fustercluck of the dailies.
Plus some of the faster racers may need to learn to yield on occasion. There has to be give and take on both sides of this.

Fwiw Mike, I feel your outburst in the Kart race was inappropriate. Heat of the moment perhaps but it made me very uncomfortable.
I personally don't want to lose you from a group, you're an excellent racer, a top bloke and a font of knowledge for aspiring racers. You can teach us. Just don't berate us.

In future, it'd be far more adult of anyone who has a grievance to take it to another chat group and either clear the air or throw their collective toys out of the pram there.
A simple, 'I didn't like that, can we have a chat elsewhere about it?' Would suffice in the main lobby.

I've said my piece.

Both have valid points!!!
I think the group as a whole needs to step back and re-evaluate why we're all here. The last couple of events have been anything but fun gentlemanly racing. :irked:

We are all here for the good company and clean racing. We've had some very good tight racing in the recent past and we need to get back to level of respect.

Phillip works very hard to give us something to do that's always good fun and I think we need to show him some respect by acting like the gentleman we are supposed to be.

Back