Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,569 comments
I'll watch some videos because for now, I need to secure my score on the last part of the lap (I'm struggling 1 time on 2 with the "parabolico") to gain confidence
You don't have to secure your silver medal, you must have the gold medal !!!! 💪💪💪💪

I got distracted on the Monza CE beating the ghost that I didn't really have much time to put a good effort in with the 330P4. Many of my laps were invalidated, I think I only had two that counted out of however many I did.

Great car, though. Really pleased with this combo and I hope I can get Gold after putting in a proper stint.

View attachment 1282580
Come on !!!! Come on !!!! you can have the gold medal !!!!!!💪💪💪💪

Monza TT is much harder than people make out, I've only set 3 valid laps after 45 minutes and am only in silver so far.

Edit: almost an hour exactly for a 1:47.318. Gold but I need another half second as the top time will go in to the 1:43.XXX range

Last edited:
New TT is pretty fun. That Ferrari is unstable enough to keep things interesting but stable enough where you can push a bit.

All three accounts in gold, best being a 46.519. Not so sure that the slowest of the three will hold (~.550" safe) as the aliens are often cutting chunks off at a time in cars like this.

I'll more than likely revisit to try and improve that 46.5.

I got distracted on the Monza CE beating the ghost that I didn't really have much time to put a good effort in with the 330P4. Many of my laps were invalidated, I think I only had two that counted out of however many I did.

Great car, though. Really pleased with this combo and I hope I can get Gold after putting in a proper stint.

View attachment 1282580
It's down to.551 already?? ,...well,my .559 didn't last long....guess i know what i'm doing later.:rolleyes:

Ok, first meters in that beautiful P4, god that thing sounds awesome with the headset ok, if I'm making longer stints I'll probably will be deaf.
Challenging car on this track, I'm not realy sure how to drive it yet, but exiting slow corners is a buissines of itself, it will murder you when I can 🤣

Tried a lot of different gearing, only to 5th on the mainstraight, but my fastest lap was also with 5th on the backstraights, so still not sure.

great combo, they kind of getting it 😁🙏👌

Benchlap on 1:47.006 for now after 30 minutes, lots of time to gain.......but also lots of time to loose.🤣

@Dan_Tes thanks for keeping me motivated mate, I have not that much time, this weekend I'm at F1 Zandvoort, but I will prob find some time during the week in the mornings if the cats are nice 🤣
Love the PS5, totally different feel on the PAD but slowly getting used to it!

18a292e9b1b65-screenshotUrl.jpg

I want one....... 🤣

Thaaaat's better, things coming back, somewhat relieved :)
Did a 1:46.626 on Monza (what a great TT !!!), should be more than enough.
I also went back on the redbull, since Gallo and De Bruin are beasting (as expected). Was still in gold but very short, so I did a 1:29.816.

Pfuifff...

1000014391.jpg

Here are some statistics for TT40 at Mount Panorama in the Maserati MC20 '20.

View attachment 1282470

It will be a reduced service and no interim results for Suzuka or the movie one, because I have been and continue to be snowed under at work. I've not been on GT7 since last Thursday, my longest non-activity in a very long time, bar holidays. Thankfully my time at Panoramo set about 10 days ago held for gold. Given the rush, there is a higher than usual chance of errors, so feel free to drop a note and I'll fix it at some point.
@TumeK5 I have added you but not your historical data, hence no best/ave finishing positions.
@brcd44 I don't know why your country rank isn't working - will sort it out later.

Highlights:
  • One of the tougher ones, but great fun. Gutted I didn't get more time on it.

Drivers with gold in all TTs
Not done this week

Bathrust was a killer. Tough to miss out on gold after putting in so much time but oh well on to the next one. Broke my gold streak.

First of all - success at Suzuka! 1:49.958 after around 2000 kms done in total, out of which going from 1:50.242 into 1:49.958 took me 1500 km alone. I set a 1:50.000 few laps before and was about to quit it right there, but decided to keep pushing.
My girlfriend also started talking to me right before the end of sector 3, but when I saw the time I just pretended I did not hear her 😂.
368334179_2071153793236389_1962017422776462847_n.jpg

Next up I loaded into the new TT - car feels great and it should be on the easier side to gold - most of the time is spent on full gas. Most tricky thing is judging how much of the kerb can be used safely. Started off by invalidating 8 laps out of 10, but I managed to set a 1:46.258 in 15 laps. It didn't feel like a fast lap initially so I was quite surprised to see that it sits pretty high on the leadeboard currently.
368401915_1743339532770466_319065308085663599_n.jpg

Monza and a classic beast of a Ferrari. That just sounds right. Speaking of sounds...this thing sounds amazing, too! :crazy:

My first go was only 13 laps and a 1:47.017. Dipping my wheels off into the grass in certain spots or taking too much curb resulted in 10 of my first 11 laps being invalidated. Clearly I have no idea where the track limits are. :lol: I haven't watched TheKie or Mistah's guides yet, so I'll see what tips they offer up - track boundaries, gearing, how to keep the car from killing you in Lesmo 1 or the exit of Ascari, etc...It will be a bit more fun when I get used to the car.

Monza and a classic beast of a Ferrari. That just sounds right. Speaking of sounds...this thing sounds amazing, too! :crazy:

My first go was only 13 laps and a 1:47.017. Dipping my wheels off into the grass in certain spots or taking too much curb resulted in 10 of my first 11 laps being invalidated. Clearly I have no idea where the track limits are. :lol: I haven't watched TheKie or Mistah's guides yet, so I'll see what tips they offer up - track boundaries, gearing, how to keep the car from killing you in Lesmo 1 or the exit of Ascari, etc...It will be a bit more fun when I get used to the car.
I don't know it is the driving position or the car's width, I found myself dipping the left wheels on the grass all the time.

I put in a longer session at Monza tonight and took off a bunch of time. For me, it was all about getting through the first chicane smoothly in order for everything else to come together. This is more than safe for gold, but there were a few laps where I could almost taste a 1:45. However, that's enough of Monza. I'm going to make sure I get on Suzuka next time.

F5656549-8662-4728-8E80-C3073BECE469.png

Last edited:
What do you find different between the DS4 and the DS5 ? Do you have more feelings ? Do you think the car responds better to the joystick than on the DS4 ? Have your times improved ?
I think i'm not faster "Yet" on Dualsense compared to the DS4, but i must say that the haptic info makes the feeling much more "alive" right now i can feel when the weelspin starts, that's one thing i love about it, the pressure on the triggers i have to get used to, especcialy the brake-pressure,
i find myself sometimes to late pressing thru it for full brakepower because i'm not used to it yet,
than braking midcorner is something that is not feeling that good and trow me off my line now and then
so i have them both on weak setting, but it begins to feel good so sometimes in custom races or something i go for heavy :-)
Joystick i notice no difference, it's pure the haptics that have changed for me.

But overal it's a 300% upgrade for me,

Monza.....

There you are finally, after the first meters yesterday i was hyped allready, what a nice car to drive!
it's so powerfull, and it's agile.
I can imagine that this would be a real workout in real life yanking this Rosso around a track.

I did learn a few things since this morning...

1: As for now i only use 5th on the main-straight
2: Lesmo's both in third
3: Avoid Sausages
4: Varianti Ascari is a real b#tch
5: Turn down the headset in volume :lol:

I slided a little less this morning but stuffed up Ascari and lost a fair amount of time there, but did get myself into the 46" already so pleased with a 1:46.840 for the second session

But we all no that @EbrahimX7 is going to murder this one :lol:

18a2b329b4559-screenshotUrl.jpg

Why the hell is the 330 P4 on Racing: Hard tyres? They're like modern GT3 tyres which are nothing like what the car had in period. This kind of car needs a standard compound that behaves like a cross-ply race tyre of the time, not a modern radial tyre. Forza has been doing this properly for years, so what excuse is there?

Last edited:
For now, this has been horrible from my side :D Barely got into the gold, out of 30 attempts, 27 invalidated laps and spins, when I saw the times, I thought "yeah, i'll go into the 45s and that's it"... Weeeelll, maybe it was a long shot :D This car is so nice to drive with the setup, I have it at 700PP on RH for various events, it's a joy, but under BoP, it's... I don't even know how to describe it, sometimes it wants to turn in, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes you put the power down and it goes, sometimes a slight breeze of air from my air conditioner hits the throttle pedal and it spins... Not to mention the track limits that you absolutely MUST explore to the max if you want to have a good time, but one milimeter too much, and you start again :D

After some laps at Monza with the lovely 330 P4 for the TT, here is what I've learnt today:
  • Gold is doable for me as I've dropped my PB at 1:48.149. Still in silver - gold at 0.7 sec ahead - because I still need to tam this savage beauty. Now, I need to be bravier on Lesmo and Ascari. I also feel a little bit more confident on the "ParaDiabolico". It's another satisfying day at Monza
  • Italian sausages are NOT edible, don't even TOUCH them!!!

I took a break last night from work for an hour and did about 120 miles in the Ferrari, posting 1:46.396. This is a deceptively difficult TT. The car feels tame. Until it doesn't.

I think that is good though. The weight transfer is slow and clear as you'd expect from a car that old. Other than the obvious impact on braking and acceleration, it means you have to be really careful for example shifting from third to fourth around Parabolica, because the gear change moves the weight forward and the reduced grip at the back makes it easy to oversteer. There is a trade-off available by going through there in fourth; more stability but slightly slower. As it should be. Good challenge.

Anyway, back to the grindstone.

Monza, well I think my Ferrari is broken. Or there is way more weight in my car than @EbrahimX7 's car :lol:
So mr Jeddah, whats your secret to brake 50m later and have better acceleration? Asking for a friend :D

Got my time in to the 45's that's enough for me.

For some reason, all the cars feel now exactly the same. New physics maybe, dont like it at all.
Dont base the brake points based on the replay in game. that is actually visually delayed a bit. For example t1 im braking just a tiny bit after the orange marshall near 200m board but replay showing im braking way later at the white line on the asphalt.

Back