Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,527 comments
That RA TT was the hardest I've had to work to get Silver. 217.5 miles in Mr. Newey's exercise in defying physics. Broke my 1 hour limit and watched top replay to get it. Don't think I made it through turn one but twice flat out in 7th and neither one was my fast lap.
I love RA as a track especially the 1st half but it was a bad choice of having a Red Bull car there as the track is so narrow in certain parts.

Hoping for a fun combo of TTs today.

And please, just enjoy the game. This isn't a competition.
Huh, easy for you to say, newly inducted alien 🤣

1720673626345.png

Seriously though, big congrats on this achievement, well deserved! 🔥🔥🔥

Unfortunately I'll miss the mark slightly. 😭

1720673844856.png

I could pretend that this is only because I've been on a work trip since Monday, but the reality is that I really tried to improve on the weekend, and didn't come close. I doubt that more play time would have changed that.

One day I'll get you, 👽 badge! Who knows, maybe in the next one that will be revealed any minute now ...

Have fun, everyone! ;)

Thanks! I play on controller on PS4. Only driving assist enabled is ABS on default, I find the rest tend to just get in the way and I'm not a fan of playing with Countersteer assist. I don't have any lap recordings, sometimes I forget to save the best lap replay, but even when I do remember to save it, I don't have a quick and easy way to upload them thanks to Australian internet :banghead:
Controller wow nice, I myself use the DualSense on the ps5. Wheel setup is not quite afforadable yet and good rigs are very expensive. Even though I have seen Ex-Stig use a very basic Logictech G29 setup via his Simracing YT channel.

I may try turning countersteer off then, not sure if i have it on or not and see if that helps. I usually turn TC and BB to lower as much as I can to get max exit speed on corners but that can cause spinnaroonies all tooo well.

May I suggest just instantly saving them as you do 'em, that way you can reference them later, the console will just save the in-game replay data so it won't take up too much space if you got a larger size ps4, even if you dont wish to share them.

I dunno about your internet though, must be that cable guy always getting into fights with Rouge Wallabys chewing on cable lines. :sly:

dog save GIF

View attachment 1371559
There can only be one fast kitty... isn't that right @MUC76?

Only gaining 0.069 seconds after 3 and a bit hours of driving is truly pathetic, so thank goodness I was able to move up a few spots. The margins are extremely tight with this time trial.. perhaps the tightest we've had soo far.
Glad you got things back in order. It irritates me too when I'm in front of you. Cats need their familiar environment. 😉

This might be an outsider opinion but as I get along better with high downforce cars this new TT will be interesting, far more than the old merc in the desert I will avoid.

By the way, looking @Pesselles : Is the Big Willow track near the military complex Roosevelt where they took the aliens in 1947?!? 😉
The closest military facility is the Edwards Air Force base:

1720681459368.png

The Aera 51 is far from Willow Springs, and the Roswell Air Base is far far from Willow Springs :)

1720682333425.jpg

PD is having a great laugh with this. I've been waiting for the M3 Evo to appear in UCD for 2 weeks, I wanted to do my custom livery for the RBR TT, and since I only have a wide-body version in my garage, of course, couldn't enter with that one. And of course, on the day the TT ends, they make it available again. :mischievous:

Just tried 2 laps of the new TT....it confirmed that I'm useless in these high speed cars.

2.6 seconds off the early gold time (1:25.9) which will hold for about 3 minutes...

One thing with the SF cars that I find really difficult is not being able to see brake lights, as that's usually what I use alongside track furniture.

One thing with the SF cars that I find really difficult is not being able to see brake lights, as that's usually what I use alongside track furniture.
You mean on the ghost cars? Yeah.

Fast cars need a little time to get adapted too. At Road Atlanta i was 5 seconds too slow on my first laps and still got my silver target after about an hour all in all.

Edit:
But if you are talking about golding this one you are maybe on another level than me and my sentences are useless. ;)

Last edited:
You mean on the ghost cars? Yeah.

Fast cars need a little time to get adapted too. At Road Atlanta i was 5 seconds too slow on my first laps and still got my silver target after about an hour all in all.

Edit:
But if you are talking about golding this one you are maybe on another level than me and my sentences are useless. ;)
I am definitely not aiming for gold on this one 🤣

I'm not good with anything that fast or grippy (I mean generally I'm not good at all but relatively speaking :) )

Shooter does it again in the final minutes at RBR.

Sucks to be Jeddah, doing his best to hide his replay all fortnight, running HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of miles, only to be beaten by a guy with real talent, on the final day, after only 150 miles.
Chelsea Women Burn GIF by Barclays WSL

🤣

Pushed hard this morning on RBR to try to get that elusive gold. Was on a record of 1:00.446 yesterday, with optimal at 1:00.194

Did 30 laps with a red rental M3, just in case but it did not matter much :
30laps.jpg

Red is not faster and I did not improve anything.

There was still some time ahead, so I decided to watch closely @djolliea's replay to see if I can catch something, and my attention was on T2-T3, where I noticed that he goes through in another fashion than me :
  • Djolliea's technique : full braking before the bridge, then release and go around T2 just using softly brake pedal, never touch throttle pedal
  • Lomic's technique : full braking before bridge, then act like a dog on zoomies between brake and throttle to try to stay on the right line and not go too slow...

So with a bit more that 30min before the end of the TT, I took back my own black M3 and I went to town, trying to replicate what I saw, and I loaded the ghost too, just in case.

Managed to do 27 laps before the chrono ends.

27 laps.jpg

In the end, best lap (but not gold 😭), optimal so close to 1:00.000, best medium despite some boo-boos. I even tried to play with SCT, no idea what it does but it surely slowed me down, I've done my worst laps with it.

My overall optimal (best sectors all session) is 0:59.989 😅 with 25.985 in S1 and 34.004 in S2

Overall very frustrating TT. 90% of laps T1 is not good enoug and I arrive at T2 with +0.2 to +0.7s, T2-T3 I lose most of the time 0.3s, and if by miracle I exit T3 with some tenths, I lose 0.3 to 0.6 at last turn.

169 laps in total (with 10 in VR)

And Shooter who lowers the bar last minute :mad: (did not change much for me, but I would have been so pissed if I managed a sub 1:00.280 and discover that the time had lowered)

Shooter does it again in the final minutes at RBR.

Sucks to be Jeddah, doing his best to hide his replay all fortnight, running HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of miles, only to be beaten by a guy with real talent, on the final day, after only 150 miles. Hahahaha.

😂🤣🤣😂
How much should I pay living in your skull? Cuz apparently ive been living there for a while without spending a dime 😆.

Alright,
I dont know if anyone have noticed, but the RB X2019 at road atlanta is afaik the first repeat combo we've had, as standard TT I #13 (in december 2022) was the very same combo.

I did 59.381 then, and I really struggled to match that this time.
I managed to get down to 59.551, with optimal arond the mid to low .4xx, still not near the .381 I did last time.

So I looked at the top time, and the diffference is mind boggling!
Best time now is 59.078, and in november it was 58.457. A difference of almonst 6 tenths!
suddenly I feel quite pleased to be "only" 1,5 tenths behind:D

There must have been a physics change that has affected this car since then. I refuse to believe that the car is the same as it was then, when the difference is that big...

EDIT: the previous TT was even on RM tyres, so the difference is even bigger:eek:
Could it be so that we had "Physics update" in between these two, and that's the reason? I remember one physics update, think we were in the middle of Glenn with Corvette 8th TT and that one was before RA x2019 TT (13th), but did we had one after TT13?

Latest Posts

Back