Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,597 comments
My first wet TT! Given how much I suck on wet track I doubted whether I could even Gold this one. Though it turned out way better than I thought - maybe the v1.49 physics helped with a much better feel of the grip level and slip on wets?

Was in Top 100 when I did the lap but I would be happy if I end up in Top 500 for this one given how I am usually up to 2.5s per lap slower on wet compare to drivers of similar DR.

Shame I can’t use my go-to McLaren for this one but the Ferrari is indeed very good on wets.

IMG-2568.jpg

Last edited:
Phew damn! 5 TT's which means 10M up for grabs. But who will win and take all the dough? I gotta get my strength up, it's time to rip out the big guns and get moving.

Shooting Kill It GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Or the worst case scenario would be me getting 5 silvers and earning 5M, that's better than nothing. Lol, I know for a fact Jeddah will get his 10M because he always gets the #1 records, or most of them. But who's to say I can't get one!?

I had to sign a contract in one of the special TT's, on the leaderboards it won't give the username, just the time they posted, that's it.

Guys, this is almost a bit creepy. I swear I am not saying this to brag, I'll be the first to admit that I had a hard time golding the Rampage event, and I needed 15 attempts to even complete a valid lap at Spa in the Honda, but with this RBR event it seems ... downright easy to get into the top 100

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

View attachment 1377648

I can comfortably string together low 1.38 times and had three 1:37s in the last 30 minute session. Am I truly the only one who drives this thing with assists on? That's the only explanation that makes sense to me. I fail to believe I have somehow become a "rain alien" over night.

Here's the lap for your consideration :)

👾👾👾👾

I had a go at the Honda eMS. It took me 50 miles before I was able to complete a lap but I still enjoyed every minute of it. The RA272 is just glorious in VR. I feel like an infant having cake for the very first time! :D

In the end I got a lap or three in. Got sub 4% so ok for an opening session.
IMG_8415.jpeg

Again 2d does not do justice to the experience.

GT7 | Honda TT | The RA-272 is a fantastic VR experience!

My FFB was all but dead on it for some reason, but overall it handles really well.
Not sure how your FFB was like before but I thought mine was pretty good. Can feel the weight shift and loading/unloading of the suspension through Eau Rouge

Last edited:
Wow the Spa TT is hard as hell, I scored five laps in the 2'39.000's. Idk about this yet, I may have to plan/think this out, thank god PD gave us a month almost. So, what do you guys think of it? It's gonna be a long busy weekend trying to work/grind these TT's.

Not sure how your FFB was like before but I thought mine was pretty good. Can feel the weight shift and loading/unloading of the suspension through Eau Rouge
Honestly, I don't know. THe Gr3 cars feel about the same as they did before 1.49, after I made some adjustments within the game and to the base. I didn't have a lot of time in the 272 before the update, but now the wheel feels really light with that car.

The FFB still reacted to different track conditions (Eau Rouge and Raddion for example) but the force was about 10% of what I am used to.

Gave Spa a go....man....Eau Rouge/Raidilion are almost down right impossible 🙈

Other than that 2 corners, the rest are pretty darn fun. Took me 2, 3 laps to adjust to the FFB....this car barely has any feedback unless I hit the brakes then the steering really loads up.

Anyways...took a bit to gold...I might use it as my practice. Will see how far it takes me.

1000075357.jpg

It took a decent amount of laps to get into a rhythm at RBR today, and yet I felt like I was still struggling. Then I saw some others using TC. I noticed a difference after only two turns with it set at 1. Immediate pickup of almost half a second. But it was still slidey, so I ticked it up to 2. Turns 7 and 8 (first two to begin sector 3) in particular are much more stable. I certainly wasn't expecting a time in the 37's. Fine with me! :dopey:
IMG_3450.jpg

Honestly, I don't know. THe Gr3 cars feel about the same as they did before 1.49, after I made some adjustments within the game and to the base. I didn't have a lot of time in the 272 before the update, but now the wheel feels really light with that car.

The FFB still reacted to different track conditions (Eau Rouge and Raddion for example) but the force was about 10% of what I am used to.
I was going to post my settings but I see you are on Logitech so your issues may be limited to that brand. I'm on Fanatec. Currently, the wheel feels pretty great. I've got a good balance of weight and friction in it so it feels like an actual car. The feedback will pulse the wheel over rumblestrips/curbs. It feels fairly realistic. Of course my FFB expectations may not be up to the standards of others...

Hey, after 16 laps I managed to clock in a 1'59.889 at TM Reverse. So I think silver might be an achievable goal for me. The car does slide a lot whenever I turn sharply and then while I'm riding through Sector 3, the last tunnel can be tricky too because I did hit the wall a couple times in one of my laps.

The last chicane before the finish line is a hit or miss. Either you nail it or you go in the grass and suffer. So annoying at times. But I like the look and the design of the provided car.

I did a 3rd session at trial mountain. Should be quite save now...
View attachment 1377843
Lol dang, you got almost 100M? How did you grind that much? Cool, you're in the top 400. Sadly I'm stuck in the 1'59.000's. Well maybe I'm not that far away, but it takes a while to get used to the physics and feel of this road machine. It's got a cool name in it itself. All this hot lapping is making me hungry and thirsty.

Lol, Daniel's right. I think you got abducted by a U.F.O.

Last edited:
Back