Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,344 comments
Where did PD come up with that funny name, AFEELA.
It didn't. That's the real name of the car.

Hello friends!!

Well, with two dust busters for time trials I can’t say I’m enthusiastic about jumping into the cockpit today (the racing cockpit 👀). I have two days to place well in the Skoda; some added motivation being I’ve somehow finished in the world top 50 for the last four time trials 🤯

I’ve not driven the Sony EV yet but given that it’s an anonymous blob of an EV on sports hard tyres I’m not holding out hope, am I right in thinking it was also given to us for free?? They must have real confidence in us desiring this machine 👀

IMG_6662.jpeg

I tried to get into the 1:32 club in the Shaguar last night but sadly the lack of a jarringly ugly livery probably cost me at least one tenth of a second… I could have tried CSA strong for a bit of extra booost through sector two but to be honest it was quite fun just winging it all assists off (besides ABS, which had a huge effect on the XJ13 imo)

Last edited:
Dear Time Trial friends, for those on controllers (especially the DS4) what controller sensitivity are you guys using? And what would be the pros of having it higher or lower?🤔
I got this setting around 5-7, but recently while it was the McLaren VGT at Suzuka I changed it to 10 and found out it turns a little better (I steer with directionals). Left this setting for now, probably until the next twitchy monster. Only the Chap at Daytona oval called for -2 (and I wished there was -20).

Hey @MattD42 , how are you coming along with the TT's the past 4-5 months? Wow, it's May 2nd, almost half the year is gone. That's how fast time goes when we're hot lapping and having fun racing around the tracks.
I've been enjoying them, I just like driving anything as quickly as I can. Time flies when you're having fun, and I certainly have been with university and various other things

Well I'm relieved it's a road car event and not another VGT one. And it's not that expensive in Brand Central. I have to choose a good livery though. Something unique. It's not just about color, adding decals matters too.

And it's not that expensive in Brand Central.
It's not any expensive. It's free.
F%&#@€$
That's "Freebie", right? I mean, it wouldn't be a partially censored expletive, because they're not allowed, so it must be something else...

In additional news:

1714646431701.png

Good info there. Thanks.

Also, apologies for putting that song into people's heads with the article title in a couple of minutes...

No. They're fully censored. Partially censored ones bypass the filter and are not permitted (in part for that reason). Obviously you wouldn't do that, so it must be something else... right?
Hmm, is that so? The AUP doesn't mention censoring an expletive...

But you're a mod, so you can edit my message if it's a significant issue.

At this point, many thanks to the TT community.

I had never tried to gold a TT before. I always thought it was only for the fast guys.

When I found out about this group and realised that I knew pretty much all the techniques that were talked about here, I thought I'd give it a try.

Since then I've tried Daytona, Fuji, Road Atlanta, Interlagos and Watkins Glen (I skipped Suzuka because I was already motion sick before Degner, even though I don't have VR - maybe this Sony thing on SH is the next one to skip 😅).

I bagged 2M each time and my 1:36.16 at Watkins Glen should also be save gold. So I think, I could also gold one or another in the future. If not, also okay as long as it's fun.

I got to like the TTs. Just rent a car and do the TT whenever you like (that's a big advantage if there's a baby in the background). And the only person you can be annoyed about is yourself.

Thanks again for support and motivation
Martin

Last edited:
But you're a mod, so you can edit my message if it's a significant issue.
Again, there's only so many lifelines I can throw. If I have to edit it, I will, but you will prefer that you do it yourself.

Afeel that we're being punished for something :nervous:

Off topic but actually yet to try either TT due to nations cup practice taking up the majority of my play time, worth it though, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st is my record so far with 1 round to go :)
That's not fair. You should let the other players take some wins too. Sharing is caring, you know? 😅

I'm committing all the time I have in the world. Honestly there really should be 100 hours in a day. Let's all move to Mars and bring all our TV's, wheels, Playstation's, etc. The gravity may be an issue there. I wish I had a machine that can rewind time if I make an error while hot lapping, or one that can slow down time.

@Gogga oops I forgot, I bought one over the weekend.

Last edited:
I always have mine (DS4) set on 10.* The higher the sensitivity, the less you have to move the stick to get the car to turn. It's what works best for me. You have to be careful with 'snappy' cars, though. It is smoother if set lower but can be difficult to get some cars to rotate.

*Except the Daytona one where I had it at -2.
Thanks mate, I'll give it a try and get a feeling at it. I see fast drivers like you are not on 0 (like me) but on higher settings, so I'm trying it out. See if it helps me.
Maybe you can do what @P-Courty said about controller and settings , search back in this thread and you will find his experiment. That might give you more feel which direction you want to go and you can sense exactly what they do. I don't know if my settings can help you since I am on motion control but In general from the top first one sensitivity on 10, then two under for force feedback, 1 and Last on 10, but I do adjust them for specific challenge when needed, mainly going in opposite directions until I feel that's the best for that very TT combo. (I am on DS5)
One more driver on 10, I'm sure going to give it a try. Thanks for your input. 🙂
Oops I let this setting to -2 since, wonder how it affects my driving overall 😅

The new TT is not out yet ?

I think I won't even have bronze with the Jag, not sure if I have done more than one lap. Not motivated by TTs at the moment.

I need to give a go to the Skoda one, I may enjoy it more.

I hope we will be able to use our cars soon.
Same here. I forgot to change it back since Daytona. And then as soon as I changed back to 0, I got gold at Interlagos quickly. I wonder how much it affected this result for me. Hence my original question.
As @Barareklam said here is my previous post, I use DS4 but with motion steering, so not sure if this affects analogue stick as much (or even at all) as I still haven't tried it, but this is the most extreme way to test it out to see the effects.

Plus a little more...
Thanks mate for sharing again your post, I've tried the motion steering before but it didn't take me far. However the sensitivy thing I'll give it a new try at 10 as you do.
New TT :banghead:

Using Sports Hards
BOP on

View attachment 1351984
And I thought to myself that we would get the Chevelle at some short track. But no.... 🤢😅

I got this setting around 5-7, but recently while it was the McLaren VGT at Suzuka I changed it to 10 and found out it turns a little better (I steer with directionals). Left this setting for now, probably until the next twitchy monster. Only the Chap at Daytona oval called for -2 (and I wished there was -20).
Thanks buddy for your reply. I'm gonna try it. I just don't know if the Sony Afeela is the best car for this test. 😅

Last edited by a moderator:
Back