Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,152 comments
Indeed, because in the end it's the hours you spend disappointed and trying again that make the difference 😅
The sensitivity and force feedback settings both also effect the steering wheel, I had a lot of playing around with them all when I was doing the Fuji TT with the GT-One as I was getting so much understeer.

Also make sure that you calibrate you pedals in the settings menu for dead zones, they make a lot of difference when paired with steering sensitivity and force feedback 👍🏻

The sensitivity and force feedback settings both also effect the steering wheel, I had a lot of playing around with them all when I was doing the Fuji TT with the GT-One as I was getting so much understeer.

Also make sure that you calibrate you pedals in the settings menu for dead zones, they make a lot of difference when paired with steering sensitivity and force feedback 👍🏻
But @Metalgear9493 talk about it ''Controller steering sensitivity'' and not the force feedback !

I haven't been able to convince myself one way or the other with regard to the controller sensitivity setting affecting anything with the wheel. I've played around with it quite a lot and haven't been able to find a way to prove it's anything more than placebo.

That's why I quote your text and marked his name...lol
Right.

I mean PD could put the whole issue to bed by unequivocably stating "there is no means by which the controller sensitivity setting affects wheels. They are separate configurations." This is computer code we're talking about here and if that setting isn't in some way coded to impact wheels then there's no possible way it can do anything. Otoh, if the sensitivity setting does somehow get communicated to the wheel and it does actually change something, there should be some sort of instruction from PD in that regard as well. Why does it need to be any mystery at all??

Last edited:
Right.

I mean PD could put the whole issue to bed by unequivocably stating "there is no means by which the controller sensitivity setting affects wheels. They are seperate configurations." THis is computer code we're talking about here and if that setting isn't in some way coded to impact wheels then there's no possible way it can do anything. Otoh, if the sensitvity setting does somehow get comunicated to the wheel and it does actually change something, there should be some sort of instruction from PD in that regard as well. Why does it need to be any mystery at all??
I think like you, but it's not the first time I've heard of CSS ! and i once saw @DigitGaming that said to put it on 10 and I didn't touch it anymore, didn't try it with or without !

I mean PD could [...]
spiderman GIF

But are you going to tell me that you play with the controller and not behind the wheel ?
I know @Metalgear9493 already answered the question.
But i found something about Mr. Holland that i want to share with you guys.
We will understand better, why he is so fast.

I hope he doesn't mind, because it's a little bit private and he doesn't wear any clothes...

...but here it is.

The first known image of D. Holland.

Polish_20240517_152915859.jpg

But @Metalgear9493 talk about it ''Controller steering sensitivity'' and not the force feedback !
That is why I said that the sensitivity and the force feeback both affect the wheel and they also both affect motion steering.

Controller sensitivity you would expect to only work on controller but it works on wheel too.

Force feedback you would expect to only work on wheel but it works on the controller for motion steering.

Try the Tomahawk on the same track that we used the Chaparral VGT on and change only the controller sensitivity to 10 for 3 laps, then change it to -2 for 3 laps and see the difference.

In all honesty you could probably just leave a car standing still and turn the wheel and look at the red dot for you steering input on the screen, then adjust it and look again.

Last edited:
I have always loved this short and fast circuit and what's more, this Nissan is truly sensational !!!! I did a few more laps, I didn't beat my record of 1'45'750 but I have an optimal time of 1'45'144 !!!!! I still have 1 week of vacation and frankly I'm going to do everything to get closer to this optimal time.
17159594752728619254348701777775.jpg

And I also wanted to thank @Tidgney because it is thanks to his guide and his ghost that I can reach such a time. Thank you for all the time you spend making your videos :bowdown::cheers::cheers:

That is why I said that the sensitivity and the force feeback both affect the wheel and they also both affect motion steering.

Controller sensitivity you would expect to only work on controller but it works on wheel too.

Force feedback you would expect to only work on wheel but it works on the controller for motion steering.

Try the Tomahawk on the same track that we used the Chaparral VGT on and change only the controller sensitivity to 10 for 3 laps, then change it to -2 for 3 laps and see the difference.

In all honesty you could probably just leave a car standing still and turn the wheel and look at the red dot for you steering input on the screen, then adjust it and look again.
I've done that last thing several times and I can't see any difference on the wheel. I can on the controller of course...

I have seen what you did with the Scirocco. Now I am the coward... 😳
No need to. After one week of holiday I had a lucky lap (besides a little slide, but faq this tenth). I avoided the saussages (not to risk my holiday effect). 😅
Despite of being German I don't like sausages, at least in this game, but if you find a lucky line across them, I think one could gain a lot. 🥇 🥇

I tried the new TT (see below). You have to do it, because you are a "drifting guy". Don't give us a gold! Give us a bronze while drifting the Silvia the whole lap around this track and share the lap. It would be my pleasure to watch it 🤗

Thank you for the pressure motivation 😉
After family went to bed I gave it a try last night.
I know that I am bad at this track but recognized immediately that I am much worse than I thought. 🙄

1000011820.jpg

Let's see if there is any improvement for me. At least it's fun.

Regards
Martin

Exactly, and I think from very beginning when I got the game and were just learning everything I think I tested to change settings and knowing there is no "force feedback" in DualSense I was testing to see if I would get that somehow, "force feedback" and not actually paying attention to anything else, so I tested it, haven't felt any force and just like many others said to myself "this doesn't work" until you shared tomahawk Xstage test and first then I had aha moment... It actually does do something, no "force feedback " as title would misleading said but yeah, it has effect on steering, so warmly recommend everyone who wonder to test it yourself and feel what it really do.

Hey everyone. I abruptly left in late February. I was severely burned out from obsessing over golding every TT and stopped playing GT7 for about a month altogether and haven't looked at the thread since.

Now I play the game roughly 5-10 hours per week. Mostly GTWS races, the odd weekly challenge race and still TTs if I feel like it. I have made peace with sticking to a (for me) healthy and doable amount of time with the game and not caring about my TT results. Unfortunately I am not good enough to whip out a casual gold in my 3rd lap like some of you champs. I used to invest up to 25 hours or so with some of them until I finally got gold. The grueling (but awesome) Mount Panorama one comes to mind.

I will probably not participate here again, but just wanted to give a sign of live after just disappearing. Maybe the odd screenshot if I manage to gold something that I am proud of. I still stand by my statement that this thread is a fantastic community. All the best everyone.

I will probably not participate here again, but just wanted to give a sign of live after just disappearing. Maybe the odd screenshot if I manage to gold something that I am proud of. I still stand by my statement that this thread is a fantastic community. All the best everyone.
Or you can do as I do, partake casually with an occasionnal gold when really motivated by one TT, or just get silver in a few laps and go.

Anyway we'll be please to see you when you want.

That being said, I may insist a bit on Laguna Seca as this combo is much more enjoyable for me than the 2 previous vacuum cleaners.

And I am very hyped by the Silvia too (but I am bad a drifting though)

Last edited:
What does the king of analysis @Tidgney think ?
I think I heard him say he could not tell any difference. It might have been a different youtuber saying that though, can't remember. Might have been Boosted Media. I couldn't tell any difference either and I tested it back to back on GT DD Pro and GT DD X quite a bit. But if someone does feel the difference, placebo effect is a real thing, happens to everyone sooner or later. It's kind of like your brain making something real regardless if it is or isn't.
Tom Delonge Reaction GIF

BWX
I think I heard him say he could not tell any difference. It might have been a different youtuber saying that though, can't remember. Might have been Boosted Media. I couldn't tell any difference either and I tested it back to back on GT DD Pro and GT DD X quite a bit. But if someone does feel the difference, placebo effect is a real thing, happens to everyone sooner or later. It's kind of like your brain making something real regardless if it is or isn't.
Tom Delonge Reaction GIF

for sure...placebo is huge in the audiophile industry as well. Lots of money being spent on cable bridges and crystals there! :lol:

Back