• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,590 comments
1719472769345.png

and
1719472788840.png

I'm Confused, So we have 2 time trials?

Road Atlanta - I will ignore this one.
The Bmw at RBR sounds perfect.
Jep.... that short track will be fun though!

Road Atlanta will be lawnmowing between tracklimits to get the gold again, i remember i didn't do well there, wasn't realy interested at it too :lol: :lol:,
Those toppers are insainly fast in the Rebbull cars, should not be that easy i guess ( for me ) :lol:

Hell yeah, a special TT unlocked!! My OCD is getting overwhelmed, I have always wanted to be best in anything the whole 32 years of my life, but that's gonna have to come to an end. It really affected my health, I used to spend 7-8 hours playing sports after school to be competitive/win all the time.

@Gogga so the setting is Montreal? Cool, I wonder how many rounds of this there will be?

Hello PD :)

so many cars.. so many tracks... Why you repeat exactly same one but with different tires I wonder? Sponsorship money? one TT on RedBull Ring and second one with Red Bull car? How much is Red Bull pumping in honestly?
It is the short track tho, technically different :) :lol: :lol:
But i'm with you, somany choises........

But the RA realy hurts my feelings, extreme high downforce landmowing....
i can yell that i'm skipping it, but i know i must try :lol::lol::lol:

It's like they are obsessed with things associated with Red Bull. Well I'm gonna get to work early, I want my 7th and 8th gold if I can reach it, :irked:

I'm more worried about the X2019 Competition one than the BMW TT, and that's the truth on it.

@Gomario JSP so, there will be several rounds of TT's because it said Round 1- Montreal in the picture.

Actually no I was not faster on MT. My best time was on AT- 1'54.847. I was utterly shocked cause I shifted those gears up and down really quick.
Others already commented, but, to give my 2 cents...

The proposed gear (the one in the red box) is what the CPU would do for your if you go AT. Since you are not new to the game and to the tracks (meaning you know what the track shape is), I'd completely ignore it. I'll figure out youself what is the proper gear to use depending on the track-car-personal style combo.

Keypoints to get the best from MT are

Downshift:
you can choose the moment you want to do the first downshift
you can choose the moment you want to do the last downshift
given these two you can rhythm the reamining downshifts

Since you are new to MT I'd keep it plain and simple by now: identify the final gear and rhythm the shift to reach it
Once you become more advanced you can try more aggressive approach, if you like
example:
plain downshift from 6 to 3: 6-5-4-3
more aggressive: 6-5-4-3-2-3

Upshift:
the starting gear is the one that gets you the best accelleration given you ability to manage the spin of the wheels. This is why most of the time a higher gear is better.
for the other upshift there are lot of tutorials on youtube (or simply look at when RPM a good one shifts). It's car dependent. Bottomline here is to shift when the torque curve is at its highest, otherwise you loose time

I'd also like to chime in a bit on personal stuff:
I see you have difficult moments right now, and difficult moments may disarm sometimes.
Please see GT7 as a way to lower pressures, not to generate additional one on top of what you already have.
Enjoy your result. In my opinion, givent your recent start with MT, an MT lap event 5s slower than a At one is a good achievement. Trust me you will quickly get faster with MT. So don't be discouraged, in fact pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that you did well

Oh boy. Looking forward to the M3.

Tried to improve my PB @ Catalunya last minute, but it wasn't happening. Recorded another drifty session. This time with Bertha, Helga's thick cousin :D Uploaded another video from my main profile if anyone cares for different camera angles or music replay.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240627002544.png

Oh, well I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out, so I have to be a gear higher than what the number in the red box says, right?
Hats off for starting to use MT @Chris30. You've come a long way in terms of improving since I've first seen you posting here and switching to MT is a huge step! This gives you more control of the car and will result in better lap times long term.

I understand finding the right shifting points can be quite confusing at first. There are different techniques for different corners/situations. Shifting at the right RPM, engine braking and short shifting to name the fundamentals. I find these two videos offer a good explanation for these three situations. Also youtube Time Trial guides from @Tidgney @snc @Mistah_MCA and the likes usually include gear info and when excessive engine braking (sausing) or short shifting is beneficial to your lap time.

General shifting tips:

How to determine the optimal RPM for shifting and when to use higher gears (short shifting):

Last edited:
How many in favor are gonna reject/refuse the Competition TT? Brb... going to go watch some Youtube videos, I need to chill and relax. I feel tense. Here was my last MT run at Barcelona if you guys want to take a look.

@crome cool PSN name, where did you get the inspiration from? I switched to MT Sunday and I guess I did okay, what do you think?

It wasn't my best lap as I did some errors in the gear changings and braking points. So, what do you all think. I hate I wasted 64 total hours on this TT and still didn't even get into silver.

Back