Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,606 comments
@Tidgney thanks as always for the guides. I switched a MT about a week ago.
Great stuff, honestly manual is more fun when you properly get into it so keep going with it!
snc
This one will be rather easy as not many corners that you can lose time + car is not the fastest one
Not so sure it'll be that easy as the top guys will be nuking this one and the time will come down hard. The second we get close to track limits it becomes very frustrating, be interesting to see though that's for sure!

Here's the final guide for those interested.. and speaking of frustration don't do this combo if you want to have fun, I didn't find it fun in the slightest as it's just a bizarre combo. If they are using this in the live finals I can't imagine it being a good round to watch either...

Got the hang of it with MT. Shaved half a second off, now in the top 100 (and it's the afternoon and not 8.15am! 😂😂)

19059fe8ea296-screenshotUrl.jpg

Genuinely think this has a chance to be my most "successful" TT ever in terms of overall rank. Hopefully. Gonna stick at it over the next couple of weeks I think as I'd love to get under a minute.

Also - this was a pad lap. Might get the wheel out later this week though....

Last edited:
Not sure where to improve on this short track. Maybe there's a tenth or two I can loose, but sub 59 feels like off the table for me.

View attachment 1368079
View attachment 1368080

Thank you. Would've preferred to link all corners, but manji'ing all the way through resulted in 2:05ish lap times :/

Tried to drift the M3. BoP adding 200+ kg and Sport Hards make this a great combo for hot lapping but keeping the wheels spinning is quite difficult. Here's my attempt. Still needs more angle/wheelspin through the chicane.

Love it, a good bit of showboating for the fans at the end 😎

I'm several pages behind on thread and my wheelbase was shipped out yesterday for RMA. I'm Pretty bummed to be missing the Spa TT! 😢 I love Spa and having all those different cars to try looks like a lot of fun. I think that'll be my first non-Gold, non-finish TT since I joined the GTP leader-boards if I don't get to it before it ends. Maybe I did miss one TT or didn't gold one, can't remember, but I don't think so. Just been doing the "weekly challenges" quickly with a controller mainly or the odd late-night grind for cash lately.

GIF by Hyper RPG

Holy cow, how did you manage to keep that car in a manji drift and under 2 minutes, and twice 😱

That is amazing talent right there.

Now onto the next... BMW time 😁

@Gogga @Gorefast @LSFDRX @ikon_313 lets see them replays 😎
I'm about to jump into GT7 here in a bit... but RBR? For drifting? There aren't any corners! I'm glad it's the short course because I haven't driven it in years, but RBR is one of my least liked tracks.

I'm glad to see an extra TT and am a fan of the RB19 (so exciting in VR!). Can't complain about the added content OR taking home another 2 mil this week!

I'll be back later today, maaaybe with a drift run if I can make it look decent. Mostly looking forward to getting back out at SpA!

I'm losing a lot of speed in most of the corners, ugh! That's not good! I did use AT, I need to figure out a good MT strategy for this Competition hot rod.

Last edited:
I'm about to jump into GT7 here in a bit... but RBR? For drifting? There aren't any corners! I'm glad it's the short course because I haven't driven it in years, but RBR is one of my least liked tracks.

I'm glad to see an extra TT and am a fan of the RB19 (so exciting in VR!). Can't complain about the added content OR taking home another 2 mil this week!

I'll be back later today, maaaybe with a drift run if I can make it look decent. Mostly looking forward to getting back out at SpA!
Not many corners but it's worth the bit of fun as @ikon_313 has already shown.

Seens as you're spending time at Spa, give that one a try sideways 😜😂 I've been tempted but haven't tried with it being GR3 not a street car.

Not many corners but it's worth the bit of fun as @ikon_313 has already shown.

Seens as you're spending time at Spa, give that one a try sideways 😜😂 I've been tempted but haven't tried with it being GR3 not a street car.
Eh... RBR in the E30 on SH is a pretty fun TT, but not a very fun drift trial. I made a handful of attempts after getting gold, but it's gonna take a bit more to carry any slides through these corners with such little power. Probably not going to try to drift SpA on slicks... haha.

Did land at a 59.935 at RBR with a goal of getting into the 59s, so I'm good with that for now.

The real discussion today though is the RB19 at RA... this one is WILD, not because of the car, but because of the insane pace needed to get gold. Nobody on my friends list has even hit gold yet! I'm sure I'll be able, but this one is going to really separate the "men from the boys" as it were.

Currently at a 1:01.354 for now, and hoping that the top time doesn't come down much farther. This ones gonna break some hearts!

Well, that could have gone worse I guess :D

1719518055744.png

1719518262792.png

I don't really know why I seem to do so good here tbh 🤷‍♂️, after a few warm-up laps I could clock in sub minute laps pretty consistently. But I have a suspicion that it has to do with steery cheat mode

These days I rarely turn it off anymore tbh. I like the way it feels, at worst it doesn't seem to hold me back, and at best it helps me tremendously. This is probably one of these "at best" cases. So at the risk of sabotaging my 15 minutes of fame, try it out folks ;)

Back from holidays. Catalunya in the AMG stayed gold. :) I tried some laps at Road Atlanta in the Red Bull and came to +5,8%.

Tomorrow i will first try to secure my Spa gold (+2,74% by now) probably by going on in the AMG '20 and do the weekly challenges. Let's see where the new TT gold times land. Then i should try silver at Road Atlanta and gold at RBR.

Apparently, everyone is improving his score at RBR tonight. So, I've decided to join the party :sly:

Nothing to declare on my PB (still in danger if the WR goes down) but I've unlocked my first sector with betters scores.
And as I've also started to be more confident on the second sector (more brave on the final turn), my new optimal is getting closer to the minute:

1719519379248.jpeg

I've completely - and stupidly - butchered the last turn on the last lap: cost me a new PB and gave me a red lap... :banghead:

ATTACKE !!!

Went back to Spa for some laps with the Citroën and did nothing good.

1905b6b092e45-screenshotUrl.jpg

And before that went to RBR to improve my quick test from this morning.

Good improvement but gold will not be easy.

So "easy" to mess up the first turn and the last one. They make or brake good laps.

Plus a lot of red laps in sector 2; which invalidates next lap and when I invalidate it too, I don't know where I went off limits... not convenient.

Followed @djolliea's ghost, was a precious help to brake, and to see how far I could abuse kerbs.

1905b6ad05560-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that could have gone worse I guess :D

View attachment 1368205

View attachment 1368207

I don't really know why I seem to do so good here tbh 🤷‍♂️, after a few warm-up laps I could clock in sub minute laps pretty consistently. But I have a suspicion that it has to do with steery cheat mode

These days I rarely turn it off anymore tbh. I like the way it feels, at worst it doesn't seem to hold me back, and at best it helps me tremendously. This is probably one of these "at best" cases. So at the risk of sabotaging my 15 minutes of fame, try it out folks ;)
I think everyone should stop now, I'm happy with this leaderboard (amazing time btw). :D

I had such a fun time this evening following @djolliea ghost, improved the time again :cool:

1719524334734.jpg

I'm sure I have the 58s in me, just need to hook it up. I nailed the first corner on the very next lap after this 59.123, I was one whole tenth up, thought to myself, this is it, this will be a 58.9xx but of course, the very next corner I braked waay to late and slided my way onto the full layout of the track...

I'm off to RBR actually for F1 tomorrow, maybe when I see the track live and gain some mysterious local knowledge, I will improve the time when I get back :lol:

Latest Posts

Back