Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,681 comments
@330_D, that's an insane time, fair play. :bowdown:

I've also been very slow recently but this one is buttering my parsnips and going well. Not Turbobinder well, but well enough for little ol' me. No "steery cheat mode", I don't want to open that can of aliens worms. Maybe I should whack a livery on for an extra 10th. :D

View attachment 1368737
Thank you! I quite agree. I have gotten within a half a hundredth again multiple times and had deltas that would easily have given me a 58 but can't get it locked. I may have hit the limit, luckily early on and with that flow thing just happening for me this morning. I was connected.

It indeed took a whole day to clear gold 🤧

1000074246.jpg

@Dolph Drago I suspect downforce lvl? I know it is BOP, but you never know what kind of voodoo PD did to the car. Even the M3 at RBR feels VERY different than a stock M3 (I had asked a world series driver and he agreed).

Last edited:
Aliens gotta stop. I have a feeling that if I end up holding this it'll be like the Genesis VGT at Monza where I was at 2.99% in.
Doesn't look like it's changed yet today. The 59.079 has been there since this morning.

If you watch the lap I don't see many places where a lot of time is going to be found, but its not uncommon for someone to find ground where there is none!

I'M IN I'M IN I'M IN!!!!
53824880999_a3a85bb6ea_o.jpg

And better still, I beat my brother! Meow meow meow baby!
53824986905_ba9f66c1e2_o.jpg

I also beat my brother here too! He isn't very happy about it because he claims to be better than me in small, underpowered cars. However I have to say the margins are truly whisker thin between us. Considering where he was 2 years ago, he's come a long way. Unfortunately for him, I have the high ground for the moment and that's all I care about.

Thank you! I quite agree. I have gotten within a half a hundredth again multiple times and had deltas that would easily have given me a 58 but can't get it locked. I may have hit the limit, luckily early on and with that flow thing just happening for me this morning. I was connected.
I may need to learn some of your tricks, got any good replays I can watch? Last day of June guys, I gotta make every minute count if I want a decent score at the Spa track.

Last edited:
Aliens gotta stop. I have a feeling that if I end up holding this it'll be like the Genesis VGT at Monza where I was at 2.99% in.
Well I mean the super professionals and aliens have to give up and rest at some point, I hope. It's making it hard for us everytime the top 10 drivers set a new record. It affects and changes the gold, silver and bronze times. Yeah I remember that doozy of a challenge and I scored bronze there, the VGT just would not cooperate with me. Well I'll try one more time today and see how far I get at Spa, but the most I'll earn is a million for the silver medal.

It indeed took a whole day to clear gold 🤧

View attachment 1368797
@Dolph Drago I suspect downforce lvl? I know it is BOP, but you never know what kind of voodoo PD did to the car. Even the M3 at RBR feels VERY different than a stock M3 (I had asked a world series driver and he agreed).
So im not crazy..... my fastest lap at RBR is in a black rental ..... my garage one is white......😂.... feels different.... but I can't realy tell why?

Probably placebo but I'm sticking with the rental 😂😂

Last edited:
So im not crazy..... my fastest lap at RBR is in a black rental ..... my garage one is white......😂.... feels different.... but I can't realy tell why?

Would I get better lap times using a rental? I remember I got several good times using rentals as opposed to the actual cars that I purchase. I believe it was back in the fall of last year or winter 2023. So far I got silver at Spa, so if I don't get gold I'll be walking with a million. It's ok. I'm starting to realize that having fun and not worrying about beating most people is the best part of playing gt7.

Last edited:

No, it's not just you (I mean, you're not crazy).
I've tested a rental yesterday (when I was struggling with my rusty M3) and I had different "sensations" but couldn't really explain it even in French. Maybe it's only a placebo effect but still.

When you say "placebo effect", what does that mean? I didn't really study the terminology back then during school.
I wish I could adjust my brake balance in the TT's. I seem to do better when I set the number to a negative one.

@zaxs great job mate, you made it under the gold line!! It is always a pleasure hot lapping with you all. To occupy my day/night. How difficult was it to reach the time you got? It must be around 8am where you are. See I live in the U.S.

I'll be back later on guys, I got some things to do around the house, I have some medical supplies to put up to change my dressing/wound. See I had a blood vessel rupture a month ago, it is 45% better thanks to the anti-biotics that I took for a week and a half. The healthcare nurses come out twice a week to help change my bandage/wound. It's a pain but I'm trying to cope with it.

Plus I'm gonna vacuum too, I like fresh clean floors. I will check back later and see how you all are progressing with the TT's.

Last edited:
When you say "placebo effect", what does that mean? I didn't really study the terminology back then during school.
I wish I could adjust my brake balance in the TT's. I seem to do better when I set the number to a negative one.

@zaxs great job mate, you made it under the gold line!! It is always a pleasure hot lapping with you all. To occupy my day/night. How difficult was it to reach the time you got? It must be around 8am where you are. See I live in the U.S.

I'll be back later on guys, I got some things to do around the house, I have some medical supplies to put up to change my dressing/wound. See I had a blood vessel rupture a month ago, it is 45% better thanks to the anti-biotics that I took for a week and a half. The healthcare nurses come out twice a week to help change my bandage/wound. It's a pain but I'm trying to cope with it.

Plus I'm gonna vacuum too, I like fresh clean floors. I will check back later and see how you all are progressing with the TT's.
Placebo effect means that you think the car is better then the other in this case and probably score better because you just think it is, I think the term comes from the medical world?, if you give 10 pills to someone to get sleepy or something each day the first 8 are real and nummer 9 is a fake one, the mind can sometimes be tricked and think it's a real one, thats placebo effect

For the BMW I just have the feeling it handles sort of the same but I keep getting better results with the rental, only changed wing and rims, ( same size and with tho ) ...should all not make a difference tho...
So it will not change the world Chris, just a feeling from my side

Good luck!

Back from my travels Friday and surprised we have 3 TTs this week! Collected bronze for the one that finished (forgotten already!) and improved my time a little at Spa by managing to get up the bendy hill flat out, without invalidating the lap, for the first time in a Gr 3!
Still need to work on the rest.

I don't think I'll try the Road Atlanta one - pretty sure the last time I tried to drive that "car" I didn't even make a bronze!

Placebo effect means that you think the car is better then the other in this case and probably score better because you just think it is, I think the term comes from the medical world?, if you give 10 pills to someone to get sleepy or something each day the first 8 are real and nummer 9 is a fake one, the mind can sometimes be tricked and think it's a real one, thats placebo effect

For the BMW I just have the feeling it handles sort of the same but I keep getting better results with the rental, only changed wing and rims, ( same size and with tho ) ...should all not make a difference tho...
So it will not change the world Chris, just a feeling from my side

Good luck!
The one I'm using is set up for drifting outside of this TT. I'm not a drifter, but the kid is and he absolutely loves this car. I did mess with the steering angle and transmission, wide body and low low suspension... I know this is Bop'd but I'm genuinely curious if it helped considering my time. Placebo or nah? 😂

@330_D What are your button settings for an MT? I seem to do better using an automatic on Spa. It has some tricky and unique turns.
Most players use x-button for upshift and square-button for downshift.

You will need some time to get used to MT, so Spa is not the right place to "practice" because it's hard enough to focus on the track and your driving.

For practising MT look for a good license test or a short track first. Once it comes more natural to you go for longer tracks.

@Barareklam what are your button configuration settings for using a manual? Mine are not working out,

L2/R2: shift gears up and down

X button: accelerate
Square button: Brake

I have been using this combo ever since I started back playing GT games in Summer 2021. I have to make a drastic change though if I want to improve my times.

@MUC76 I only wear sandals in the summertime!
Sorry but this is not the right configuration for you to progress and improve your times because you cannot do any adjustment on acceleration or braking
When I'm not playing GT DD Pro, on the DS5 I use the left stick for steering, the right stick for shifting (up shifts up, down shifts down) and L2/R2 for accelerate and brake. As all said, the L2/R2 buttons are very good because you can control your braking and acceleration unlike the buttons.
You're not going to get there overnight, but you'll see your times improve little by little. Good luck to you

Back