Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 28,064 comments
I‘m usually good with high-downforce, fast cars (and I love the Super Formula cars around Road Atlanta), but I‘ve never liked the X2019.

As such, I‘m very pleased this is (hopefully) done now.

IMG_3542.jpeg

Big Willow... an old car with soapy suspension...

WwcUu8.gif

Nice memorys about comps like this. Back in GT6 i got my first TT podium with the Plymouth Roadster around here.

Another great TT was in the GTP WRS with the DeLorean and the maybe closest WRS podium ever.

IMG_20240704_174729.jpg

My first run wasn't bad, still some mistakes. The downhill lefthander and of course the final turn are hard to get right. 🤪

IMG_20240704_175553.jpg

It is so nice to enjoy myself and walk around Myrtle beach without having to fight for a decent lap time. I'm gonna enjoy every breathing moment here, we will return home Saturday night. I will definitely need help at Big Willow when I return. I still have not earned gold on the lap attack for the circuit experience, the Corvette car is a chore to drive and time all the braking points right and not go offcourse.

It is frustrating and irritating for me at times. Sometimes i'll want to throw the controller at the wall.

I can tell you a secret guys that motivates me to do better in TT's, and that's eating pizza, chicken and breadsticks dipped in tomato sauce. And for dessert, all kinds of chocolate. My method works 90% of the time.

Done packing early, so I decided to give Big Willow another go. Of cause, my previous time fell out of top 100...but that was expected.

Anyways, unlike the E30 M3, this car is a lot easier to dial-in. A few laps later I was already in the 1:33.7s. Then I got a lap that's more hooked up and ended in the 1:33.5s 🤪

Not sure it will stay in the top 100s by the time I come back next friday, but I'm happy that I got within 1% of top time.

1000074324.jpg

Last edited:
Your score is better than mine, you're fast with old cars my friend 😀.
I remember your excellent score with the hotrod, you are following the same stairway to the top!
True but we're very close :)
"RoadRunner" is a fabulous memory, and I'll try to do my best with the Gullwing.
The hardest part of the job is done with a safe gold, now it's only for the fun.

I wish you success and fun :)

Done packing early, so I decided to give Big Willow another go. Of cause, my previous time fell out of top 100...but that was expected.

Anyways, unlike the E30 M3, this car is a lot easier to dial-in. A few laps later I was already in the 1:33.7s. Then I got a lap that's more hooked up and ended in the 1:33.5s 🤪

Not sure it will stay in the top 100s by the time I come back next friday, but I'm hapoy that I got within the 1% of top time.

View attachment 1369959

I'm on my friends computer typing this message. Enjoy your week vacation, I started mine Wednesday night, I might stay an extra day and come home into Sunday morning. I'm staying at a friend's house in Myrtle Beach, SC. And I did not take my Playstation, I only took the smartphone to keep in touch with y'all. Some of these TT's the past few months have been a hassle for me, you can see on my page I've only gotten 6 gold, 19 silver and 49 bronze medals. I threw my controller the other night and I made a decision to travel somewhere twice a month for eternity. I think it would ease the stress and clear my mind of the intensity and difficulty of certain TT's.

Honestly I think my best ever run was at the Group 3 challenge at Bathhurst, everything in that lap was smooth. I got really pissed at Spa I kinda smashed my console. It still works. I ran 335 laps over a 6 day period and the best I could do was a 2'23.039 using the NSX GT500. I tend to have anger issues when I can't get something right, I'm sure most of you will read this but it needs to be said. PD picks some damn awkward track and car combos for each TT. No doubt about that.

Sorry guys for cussing so much, but it's frustrating and mind-blowing putting hours and hours of work in and still no huge improvement. I think they need to up the rewards for bronze, to 500k or 750k. That's my opinion. Damn I couldn't even get a gold on the BB raceway challenge with the Amuse Nismo 350RS. I think I had silver and on the last day, someone beat a record and I got knocked down to the bronze level.

Most of the time I'm at the bottom of my friends list, so is the global board.

Maybe it's my autism, I did some research online and people with autism have more trouble doing certain things and skills than most people who don't have it.

:(

Hmmm, only 4 players got in the 1'32.000's. I wonder of Willow Springs would be big enough to build a Walmart Supercenter and a big parking lot.

Last edited:

Not sure it will stay in the top 100s by the time I come back next friday, but I'm happy that I got within 1% of top time.

View attachment 1369959

You are an alien now. 👽👾

Hi Daniel, funny thing...
I jumped into a rental Merc after work, did exactly 5 km and finished one lap 😄

View attachment 1369968

Thanks for the motivation 😘
Martin

P. S.
Was a very lucky moment, but I didn't manage not to post it to you 😁

Es ist eine Provokation.... :irked::lol:

Congrats Martin, I know you're faster than me and this first gold score isn't a surprise to me.
Cheers my friend :cheers:

Es ist eine Provokation.... :irked::lol:

Congrats Martin, I know you're faster than me and this first gold score isn't a surprise to me.
Cheers my friend :cheers:
Thank you Daniel,
but that was probably the luckiest first lap I've ever had in GT7.
After that I sat there and didn't realise what had actually happened. 😄

I would have liked to have had that luck back then in the S10 with the 917 at Spa 🤣

Regards
Martin

Last edited:
Back