Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,722 comments
Hello, we just returned home an hour ago, phew. What a drive, we left SC at 5:25pm yesterday and got stuck in traffic, it is much quicker going on the highway than going in town where there are a bunch of stoplights. Wow, I just watched the Patch 1.49 video and that looks like it's going to be an awesome update. It will take a while for us to unpack, but I will put in my gt7 disc in a couple hours once I finished. It is good to be home now. So I am almost ready to tackle the Big Willow lap challenge.

Let's see how low I can go in terms of ranking and lap times.

As an official recognised "Traitor" of mon ami @Pesselles i feel the obligation to express my emotions for his successful TT gold achievements lately .
Although his medic advised him very specific: don't do drugs , but what the hell ?
Golding the TT's is very tempting and brings glory after all.

Congratulations mate ,my emotional applause for you
will-smith-clapping.gif

Also i grab the opportunity to celebrate - even alone - your great achievements
giphy (17).gif

God only knows how much i wanna fo this
e59fe3c8628c9c25db5a417bd78a1d45.gif

New update trailer for the 25th of July says "new physics". So we'll get 2 more TTs with the current physics. Curious what they'll change.
... that means, guys that typically do their TT stints in the last days of a TT, would possibly be advised to get some laps before the physics update in the TT that comes out in 2 weeks. In case the physics lower performance. In this case you maybe can't be at the level of the other guys. Highly theoretical of course.

As an official recognised "Traitor" of mon ami @Pesselles i feel the obligation to express my emotions for his successful TT gold achievements lately .
Although his medic advised him very specific: don't do drugs , but what the hell ?
Golding the TT's is very tempting and brings glory after all.

Congratulations mate ,my emotional applause for you
View attachment 1370614

Also i grab the opportunity to celebrate - even alone - your great achievements
View attachment 1370615

God only knows how much i wanna fo this
View attachment 1370616
Ohhh you...

Stop It Nikki Glaser GIF by Comedy Central Stand-Up

I wouldn't say that. I produce my best times relatively fast, yes. But then i often hit a plateau. You on the other hand had some outstanding results in TTs where you dedicated time for some combinations. I sometimes feel like i lack the tools/skill to improve even when i do a lot of laps.
Yes, you are faster than me too, do you usually save ghosts or replays? I need to see what braking points and other reference points you guys are using so I can better my laps. Watching the top 20 drivers replays does not work for me because I cannot duplicate what moves they make on the track.

Yes, you are faster than me too, do you usually save ghosts or replays? I need to see what braking points and other reference points you guys are using so I can better my laps. Watching the top 20 drivers replays does not work for me because I cannot duplicate what moves they make on the track.
I don't even know where to save a ghost/replay. ;)

But lately i wanted to make an effort in producing a custom championship and (at least when i enjoy and perform ok on a TT) to document a little better what I'm doing on the TTs as it maybe helps someone as I'm always on controller/AT and very far from the aliens but still trying to gold the TTs.

I will look into it.

At Willow Spring it's maybe better to watch Pesselles. ;)

I wouldn't say that. I produce my best times relatively fast, yes. But then i often hit a plateau. You on the other hand had some outstanding results in TTs where you dedicated time for some combinations. I sometimes feel like i lack the tools/skill to improve even when i do a lot of laps.
Exactly, we have a different "curve" of performance on TTs.
I need time to improve my scores, when you are quickly on the top.
And at the end, we are very close and I'm very happy with that :)

I don't even know where to save a ghost/replay. ;)

But lately i wanted to make an effort in producing a custom championship and (at least when i enjoy and perform ok on a TT) to document a little better what I'm doing on the TTs as it maybe helps someone as I'm always on controller/AT and very far from the aliens but still trying to gold the TTs.
Would love to help / contribute to this!
At Willow Spring it's maybe better to watch Pesselles. ;)
For whom it may concern:

1720333969934.png

... that means, guys that typically do their TT stints in the last days of a TT, would possibly be advised to get some laps before the physics update in the TT that comes out in 2 weeks. In case the physics lower performance. In this case you maybe can't be at the level of the other guys. Highly theoretical of course.
Your warning is generally good advice but the dates are fine here. On the 11th in a few days, new TT. Add two weeks to that = 25th. Shouldn't be any issues, the new TT with new physics launches on the 25th after the update is live.

Hi friends!

I drank all my beer watching a diabolical England performance, I’m so sorry anyone Swiss as a long suffering England fan I feel your pain; England have been the better team and on the end of a penalties defeat a few times in my life time and I know how painful it is!

So I drank all my beer and now I’m on to a nice Argentinian Malbec! Congrats to the Dutch for beating an incredible Turkish team to join us in the semis 🍻

And then I took all my frustrations out on a classic BMW! So so many laps were set in the 59.0s, so many laps below invalidated… I was losing hope, but then it all clicked and I boshed a 58.925 and it’s all done! That was hard work and 👽 status really had to be earnt here

I am LOVING seeing all the fast times set by this community in the current trials! As a cumulative we are really making the difference for each other, let’s keep it up! A toast to all of you 🥂 and let’s just hope England lose in the semi finals so justice can be served 🤣

View attachment 1370512
Noooooooooo 😂😂
I don't like this..... 😂😂

Great lap mate, you have done it again, but it was expected, these day it's always + 2 places due to @NAXEHT and you 😂

But it's indeed insane what this community does on the boards, everybody gets abducted it seems, competition has been out of this world 😁, we like that! 😂

Man that update drops 25th.... ofcours with a Eiger timetrial ...but I'm off to the Land of @Jeje6410 on the 23th for 3 weeks..... so im not going to make it 😭😭
Can't wait to yeeet that new RUF through those mountains 😁

I thought my wife and daughter were going to come home earlier...but seeing them arriving, I decided to continue a little on Willow and I was finally able to go below 1'34 with a time of 1'33'970
View attachment 1370457

Why do you have to beat me? Know your place, peasant.

😹
Somebody is sooo loud here today 📢📢

Little Kittys don't like that and try to escape as fast as possible...
Several people are particularly chirpy it would seem. Namely a few Frenchmen, an Austrian, a South African and a Greek...

Last edited:
Haven’t done any of these in a while but enjoying chucking around the BMW and Merc (the other one is way too fast for me). Silvers at the moment but gold may be possible at RBR Short if I ever figure out the track limits and how much to cut a few bends.

Last edited:
View attachment 1370645

Back on top (of the available ghosts🤗)

My lap had a rather tame first sector (mainly due to sacrificing half a tenth down the first straight). But nailed the 2nd sector.
Wow man, you're on fire!! Better than D Chafe and he is a prime controller user. I would love to use your replay but I don't think I'll be able to keep up with you.

Last edited:
Exactly, we have a different "curve" of performance on TTs.
I need time to improve my scores, when you are quickly on the top.
And at the end, we are very close and I'm very happy with that :)

Would love to help / contribute to this!

For whom it may concern:

View attachment 1370621

Thx for sharing it .
I still don’t understand why they removed the friendly ghost on personal boards it was much more comfortable and time saving.
Is it so hard just give us a option to share it with one click I don’t get it.

Thx for sharing it .
I still don’t understand why they removed the friendly ghost on personal boards it was much more comfortable and time saving.
Is it so hard just give us a option to share it with one click I don’t get it.
Indeed, you're right about the ghosts: why make it easy when it's possible to create a complicated system or worste, to remove a friendly user option.
In fact, there's many UX fails in GT7, the list would be impressive...

Improved my PB, OK lap but still some possibility to improve.
1000024606.jpg
1000024607.jpg

Btw, if anyone is at Silver and at very edge to get Gold on Willow Springs and struggling to get gold, I could help and do lap comparison analysis if you want and show you where to get some time? Got some free time and I could do it tomorrow. I have time to do lap comparison for one person so if there are few that are interested, one who is closest to gold will be chosen. Let's give this a day to reply, so tomorrow 13 central European time 😊

Improved my PB, OK lap but still some possibility to improve.
View attachment 1370648View attachment 1370649

Btw, if anyone is at Silver and at very edge to get Gold on Willow Springs and struggling to get gold, I could help and do lap comparison analysis if you want and show you where to get some time? Got some free time and I could do it tomorrow. I have time to do lap comparison for one person so if there are few that are interested, one who is closest to gold will be chosen. Let's give this a day to reply, so tomorrow 13 central European time 😊
Holy Guacamole, your scores on each sector are SO impressive :eek: You're just a full sec faster than me... :rolleyes: Hats off!!!

@Lomic and His Majesty The Grumpy Old @smoothbore12 could be interested in your friendly offer for the comparison!

Holy Guacamole, your scores on each sector are SO impressive :eek: You're just a full sec faster than me... :rolleyes: Hats off!!!

@Lomic and His Majesty The Grumpy Old @smoothbore12 could be interested in your friendly offer for the comparison!
That's very kind, but I can't say at the moment, that I've worked much on this TT up to the point to ask anyone to spend time analyzing why I am slow 😁 unless they are really bored and don't know what to do on a lovely sunday afternoon 😅

Wow man, you're on fire!! Better than D Chafe and he is a prime controller user. I would love to use your replay but I don't think I'll be able to keep up with you.
I believe Mr Chafe is now using a wheel.
So... got that 32...

View attachment 1370658

...and i have to say, i never felt so disappointed after doing a lap that puts me into 7th place. 🥲😂

I was faster than @Metalgear9493 at the 2nd split should have been a .8 easy, but 🤬 that final turn. 🙈😂
Unlucky mate, the final turn is such an awesome corner, especially with this car.

You really need to chuck it in there and induce a power slide. It's an effective way of decelerating the car but also keeping the front end pointing towards the exit, the hard part is coming out of this state and transitioning to a gripped exit.

Last edited:
I believe Mr Chafe is now using a wheel.

Unlucky mate, the final turn is such an awesome corner, especially with this car.

You really need to chuck it in there and induce a power slide. It's an effective way of decelerating the car but also keeping the front end pointing towards the exit, the hard part is coming out of this state and transitioning to a gripped exit.
Yeah awesome if you get it right, but a pain in the 🤬 if not. 😂

That was my main problem, i didn't get out of the power slide, there was so much more exit speed possible. 🙈

Yeah awesome if you get it right, but a pain in the 🤬 if not. 😂

That was my main problem, i didn't get out of the power slide, there was so much more exit speed possible. 🙈
I actually had the same issue with my current best lap, I didn't quite get out of the powerslide as early as I would have liked, which cost me some exit speed down the home straight. However I did maintain a high minimum speed throughout the whole complex so I only lost less than half a tenth.

Back