Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,715 comments
Gave the F1 a first try! The car is by far too fast for me, but it's fun to drive :)
1000014731.jpg

Edit: a little improvement in session 1 - done for today 😴
1000014732.jpg

Last edited:
@ZEE Great time, you will definitely get to maybe gold with enough practice. It certainly won't be a breeze for the beginners. I am shocked at how much downforce these SF cars have.

It might blow @Evilmuffin away!

Well it's 9pm and I'm going to hit the sack. Bye!

Now I have to try to get a sub 1'35.100 if I can at the desert. I will not ask for any help, I'm confident that I'll nail this.

Last edited:
High downforce car around Fuji...again. :grumpy: Full sending through Coca-Cola and 100R is nuts. Sector 3 is still a pain, though not quite as bad as the GT One last time thanks to the loads of grip. I completely missed the apex of the second to last turn on my fastest lap which had to have cost me at least two tenths.
IMG_3370.jpg

I finally got what I deserved
53850177847_bed110c7e6_o.jpg

This time trial broke me when it showed up in late 2022, and I suffered a great deal of frustration as a result. I wasted hours trying to get into the gold bracket but I'd always fall a tiny bit short of the mark. It was hard for me to take, so seeing it pop up again for some strange reason definitely upset me. Now, I could've just ignored it but with a serious cash reward on the line for making the gold bracket, I couldn't stay away. However the other thing I had on my mind was redemption: a chance to succeed where I previously failed so miserably. On the first day, I made it in to the gold bracket and thought "this isn't soo bad!", but it didn't last long and I was soon pushed out of the gold bracket. Oh dear. This won't be a walk in the park. Then my brother beat me. He made it in by the skin of his teeth, giving me more motivation to go for gold again. I knew that I needed to find something special if I was going to beat my brother and FINALLY get the gold for this awful challenge. As you know, I managed to break into the gold bracket but I wasn't sure if the time would hold, because I knew that a tiny gain from the top end of town could destroy all my hard work. Thankfully, the time stuck and I was able to receive my 2 million credits. Sure, the payout isn't any bigger but this success means far more to me than any monetary reward. I got the gold, and that's all I care about.

Now, about last night
53851506055_58cc583b5a_o.jpg

Decent lap to start but I know there's a little more in there. I did say bollards a lot though because I hit them multiple times trying to find the ideal line. However I'm pretty sure the word "bollards" can be replaced with another word, meaning to express frustration or displeasure.

Decided to give another go at willow. Target achieved... by a whisker. Totally messed first sector so about 0.1-0.2s is there in the store. This only shows how bad my S2 was, totally nailed it here. I may come back here if fuji gets boring (or if @Pesselles jumps ahead :P )View attachment 1371732View attachment 1371733

I'm serious, very serious:

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF

(it's supposed to be a scary answer)

The Super Formula is so skittish that I started out hating the Fuji time trial, however after about 15 laps I managed to get a silver time and started to enjoy myself. The silver time I ended up with was right on the edge too, with plenty of use of the kerbs and the track limits. I'm not sure how I could go any quicker. I'm assuming my lines through some of the corners are just not the most efficient.

Last edited:
In any case, whoever takes P2 it'd be 100% deserved. I'll still equal my all-time best TT result if I end up P3 – IIRC it was again at Willow Springs, just the twisting layout. 😊
Yee of little faith, My intent is to win this TT!

The session I had last night, I found a lot of new tricks especially during the first corner (using a bit of the inside sand to widen corner). And I increased the vibration function setting on my wheel to 145, which made it easier to control the drifts when exiting the hairpins (or the 55-65mph corners).

You might need to try weak ABS if you're having trouble getting the car to rotate at the final bend.

First test in Fuji with Super Formula.
So to make things clear : yesterday I said that I don't like very fast cars. But frankly, I'm a little surprised. This Super Formula is pleasant to drive on this circuit which I really like. But from there to getting the gold medal, there is a long and hard road.
1000001822.jpg

Time at 1'22'553 with optimal time at 1'21'9xx.

I'm not sure how I could go any quicker. I'm assuming my lines through some of the corners are just not the most efficient.
Two things:

1) It's literally the ultimate downforce machine; if you don't make full use of it (in other words, hold back), you will lose time.
2) Low speed corner exits can be tricky as the car easily wheelspins. MT is required for short shifting to have the traction required.

I didn't even want to try the new TT at Fuji, hate the ultra-downforce cars in GT7, feels like I'm driving some NFS variant, and also I'm not the best of friends with the locals there because of all the previous hate I unloaded on their track, but I gave it a go nontheless.

After 20-ish laps, it was actually ok, suprised by the result, I know my aliens from the friends leaderboard are not yet fully settled and some of them also don't like this track, but I guess this is good, I'm happy :)

1720784259135.jpg

1720784259150.jpg

Mind you, I am driving the RB20 so that for sure gives me some advantage, even though I was on inters, but still...

1720784259164.jpg

Last edited:
Just saw that on the account i changed to i hadn't done the Super Formula cafe book. And that that book contains a Fuji race. Did that as a warmup. TT follows tomorrow morning. Bought a SF23 Toyota and used a Benetton Renault Livery from Gerhard Berger's 1996 car. Maybe it helps but when i think about it it wasn't a very lucky season for Benetton.

I didn't even want to try the new TT at Fuji, hate the ultra-downforce cars in GT7, feels like I'm driving some NFS variant, and also I'm not the best of friends with the locals there because of all the previous hate I unloaded on their track, but I gave it a go nontheless.

After 20-ish laps, it was actually ok, suprised by the result, I know my aliens from the friends leaderboard are not yet fully settled and some of them also don't like this track, but I guess this is good, I'm happy :)

View attachment 1371910
View attachment 1371911

Mind you, I am driving the RB20 so that for sure gives me some advantage, even though I was on inters, but still...

View attachment 1371912
Nice time, nice livery, ... kind of looks familiair :) :lol:
respect..........#Team Intermediate :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Good morning, I'm ready to roll today. I hope y'all have a safe, fun weekend with the new TT's. I guess I'll switch to MT for the Mercedes TT, but it distracts me from watching the road by keeping an eye on the map where the gear numbers are. I assume it's still possible to earn gold using an automatic. I just have to use whatever is best for me in this situation.

@Vule Wow, incredible, how did you pull that off? Did you even know you were gonna score a lap in the top 130? I'm astonished, that encourages me to maybe get a time in the top 5000-10000.

Now, about last night
View attachment 1371843
Decent lap to start but I know there's a little more in there. I did say bollards a lot though because I hit them multiple times trying to find the ideal line. However I'm pretty sure the word "bollards" can be replaced with another word, meaning to express frustration or displeasure.
I am curious what the time difference between us is and when we set our respective times. You're a little over 0.03 quicker than I yet over 300 places higher up in the standings. Either you set this time extremely early on or there is a large amount of players who are cracking a 21.4ish and just calling it a day! Excellent lap anyways.

1.34.521 Big Willow (TCS1)

After a minor improvement I found some tenths it could be really faster if I could turn back time I mean turn in right in the last corner. 🤷‍♂️

I‘am curious about the world record here what you guy’s thinking is it possible on the first lap or more likely follow laps because of possible higher exit speed in the last corner. ?

Attachments

• IMG_1306.jpeg
    IMG_1306.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 3
Honestly I think the Willow TT is the best one of the summer, I've had really good results from it these past 2-3 days. So, I'm fortunate I'll get a time in the 1'35.000's. My rank was in the 12,000's yesterday afternoon. The car does not slide or produce understeer at all, I even had the TCS set at 1. Well I'm going to watch some youtube videos.

I'll get back to work later on today at B.W.
Wish me luck and positive energy/vibes. I need it.

Last edited:
Two things:

1) It's literally the ultimate downforce machine; if you don't make full use of it (in other words, hold back), you will lose time.
2) Low speed corner exits can be tricky as the car easily wheelspins. MT is required for short shifting to have the traction required.
The high speed corners are fine as the downforce makes it corner on rails, I think I'm losing time due to my line through low speed corners, and I haven't done enough driving to compare the exit gears properly yet. I need to watch some replays of gold times!

Last edited:
Back