Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,593 comments
zjn
View attachment 1376995

Wait... I didn't realize this... apoligize if it's redundant, but I'd like to understand

Let's take RaceA this week. I get my own Alfa Romeo 8C, buy all perks, adjust all the configuration to suite my driving style (meaning copy someone's setup :dunce:), jump in the race and what happens is that power restrictor is nerfed and ballast is added to reach the PP, while all the other stuff (suspension, gear ratio, wings , ...) is kept unchanged?

Does it apply to TT too?
You're over thinking it. You can take your modded car, wings and all... but it'll be Nerfed back to BoPed settings. All the add-ons are just visual at that point (which is fine by me so all the cars don't look like they just drove off the lot). However, PD don't like you to have a widebody kit or NOS installed. If your car has either of those, you can't get in.

Just hope that Rampage thing is on sports tires. 🤔
SS tires.

Last edited:
Umm... no? The guy said "so I can't take my own setup into the races?" and I said "Correct". Because you can't.

To reiterate, you can't take your own setup into an event under BOP (although those Daily Races for Gr.3/Gr.4 cars where some car settings are made available allow you to adjust the cars to some degree, under BOP).

BOP can also increase power, so no it's not as simple as nerfing it through the power restrictor.
Thanks for clarifying. Tbh I was a little confused as well because this ...
Not exactly; it changes the power and weight of your car to specific values.
... kind of made it sound to me like this was all that BoP does. But in fact it fixes the whole setup to defaults, minus the allowed adjustments you mention, right?

Squeezed out another 0.16x to ensure a bit more of a safety margin. This TT is really hard!

I feel like all four wheels do this as soon as the turbo kicks in. Feels super light and glide-y.
Looney Tunes Running GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

1910985193058-screenshotUrl.jpg

... kind of made it sound to me like this was all that BoP does.
The guy specifically asked if it changed the car's PP to specific values. That comment addressed that question.

The next comment was about setups, and the next answer was addressed to that question:

It changes the pp of my car to the specified value right?
Not exactly; it changes the power and weight of your car to specific values.
So i cant take my own setup into the races?
Correct.
That's why I split the quote up, so that there'd be no confusion which point was answering which...

Umm... no? The guy said "so I can't take my own setup into the races?" and I said "Correct". Because you can't.

To reiterate, you can't take your own setup into an event under BOP (although those Daily Races for Gr.3/Gr.4 cars where some car settings are made available allow you to adjust the cars to some degree, under BOP).

BOP can also increase power, so no it's not as simple as nerfing it through the power restrictor.
Ok, sorry, misread/misunderstood
I was using glasses under BOP when reading

Thanks

Yay, Red Bull Ring again! :banghead:

And it couldn't be Trial Mountain in normal layout with a nice road car, they just had to think of something stupid.

I imagine those lunch meetings at the PD HQ, where employees compete who will think of the more ridiculous combo, and the winner doesn't have to pay.
I'm still convinced they tap into the idea pool of manatees like Family Guy.

God I wish they did this the other way around..... , I can't participate in the current ones, and that ferrari at Tokyo looks awesom!, then I'll have I think 2 opportunities for 2 trials....... and that darn RBR again..... should be straight forward for gold but no time to hunt further 😭

That rampage could be an interesting one and could be a hand full..., but at least I'm glad I only miss two trials 😁

God I wish they did this the other way around..... , I can't participate in the current ones, and that ferrari at Tokyo looks awesom!, then I'll have I think 2 opportunities for 2 trials....... and that darn RBR again..... should be straight forward for gold but no time to hunt further 😭

That rampage could be an interesting one and could be a hand full..., but at least I'm glad I only miss two trials 😁
Ok by me! *Only cares for the credits.

The clostrophobic driver I am, prefer the Swiss landscapes than the Japaneses urban streets.
I left Tokyo with the feeling of duty accomplished, while knowing that the hardest part remains to be done in Switzerland.

After tens of laps, I've started to "understand" how to stop loosing time, stop kissing Barry R. etc. This TT is really violent, and very hard (to me). If I enter the Silver club, I would be more than happy (and very surprized).

I've improved my previous PB (1:06.311) by only few thenths (1:05.880) because this is really, really hard to keep the car on the road.

1722447196242.png

I'm only 0.080 from the promised land and I really don'y know if I'll make it silver in the next 7 days.
For the record, I had one - and only one - optimal in this zone:

1722447996966.png

Personal message: GO Léon !!!!

I feel like I'm having an unusually hard time with the Impreza at Eiger Nordwand, as I can't break into silver range like I usually do. Is there a trick to this one? Perhaps it has something to do with how you're actually able to use the handbrake for this one.

Although the barriers constantly surround the road... 🤔
You're right, because the barriers are a part of the circuit. But this TT is really hard.

This is the 1st time I play on this circuit, and despite the CE I've golded, I honestly don't know the track.
Learning the braking points, where and when put throttle, etc. require more work,and time to perform. This is the learning curve.

I feel like I'm having an unusually hard time with the Impreza at Eiger Nordwand, as I can't break into silver range like I usually do. Is there a trick to this one? Perhaps it has something to do with how you're actually able to use the handbrake for this one.
The top times don't use the handbrake, soo...go with what suits you best.

I initially got a 1:04.4 using the handbrake on controller, but the attempt wasn't particularly good. I lately tried again, now using the wheel, and I got 1:04.1 with more attention to detail.

I for one am glad handbrake is enabled, so doing the hairpins doesn't feel like an unnatural pain.

Last edited:
I don't think it is the handbrake. Tidgney didn't use it in his guide and his time is 26th. I haven't used it and managed a 1:03.482.

I think it's the first time for us all...at least in GT7. :lol:

But for me, I've never driven at Eiger at all. Just keep practicing and you'll get there. Eiger isn't your average circuit ;)
At least it's a short lap. Not easy to nail at all but short enough that you can do a lot of laps quickly. It didn't take me long to find some kind of rhythm. A slow one to start but that's where time is. Finding the rhythm.

At least it's a short lap. Not easy to nail at all but short enough that you can do a lot of laps quickly. It didn't take me long to find some kind of rhythm. A slow one to start but that's where time is. Finding the rhythm.
It's one of those TTs where you just "shut up and drive". It can really help doing some laps over and over.

It's one of those TTs where you just "shut up and drive". It can really help doing some laps over and over.
I think because there is such a very fine line between a really good lap and a really bad lap. The hard left at the bottom is crucial and the sweeping weird right on the bridge has a ton of time in it. Obviously the last corner is also important but I find those to be the difference every time.

That's not to speak about how weird the shifting is comparatively speaking.

Farewell session with ferrari. Wasn't feeling too good to even fire up my wheel, but decided to do at least the marathon. On second lap, following for the first time this tt my "go to" @djolliea ghost I improved my pb by 0.2s, so went driving until 42kms... then the times started to go down. Finished close to 2:05 dead with optimals around 2:04.8xx but already hit 72kms and started hitting more walls. Very happy with the time. As mr. @Pesselles said - dedication, hard work pays off, because that what I got left having no skill :)
1000018449.jpg
1000018450.jpg

Last edited:
Farewell session with ferrari. Wasn't feeling too good to even fire up my wheel, but decided to do at least the marathon. On second lap, following for the first time this tt my "go to" @djolliea ghost I improved my pb by 0.2s, so went driving until 42kms... then the times started to go down. Finished close to 2:05 dead with optimals around 2:04.8xx but already hit 72kms and started hitting more walls. Very happy with the time. As mr. @Pesselles dedication, hard work pays off, because that what I got left having no skill :)
View attachment 1377052View attachment 1377053
That's awesome, BRAVO my friend!!

Natalie Portman Sport GIF by NBC Olympics

What a Rollercoaster Tokyo has been for me.
First trial yesterday, just 10 laps, and .2 from silver.
This evening I gave another (unexpected) go, 40 minutes where I saw many low 2.07.low invalidated by very minor touch and many potential 2.06.high binned at the last hairpin or the turn before that.
And then, at the very last lap, just before going back to my duties, I've got this
1910a7119e75-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'm happy because in this lap I was as smooth as I can, and saw it payed off

I think it's the first time for us all...at least in GT7. :lol:

But for me, I've never driven at Eiger at all. Just keep practicing and you'll get there. Eiger isn't your average circuit ;)
You're right, none of us played on Eiger in GT7 but as it's obvious, I didn't mentionned it :)
Thanks for your advice, I'll keep on practicing because only work pays off.

Apparently, the only point of the track that could really need handbrake is the second U-turn at the beginning (aka Turn 2), so you can get a tighter exit and go full throttle on a straighter line earlier. The rest of the lap is just feeding the car with precise slides without losing much momentum. You can do this. 😊

Does it Matter if i take my own car or if i lend a car? Are they different after the bop application?
Also a note on this.

If you use your own car make sure you do an oil change before each session as it affects your own car, whereas if you use the rental car you don't need to worry.

Another thing with using your own car is if you have changed the suspension set up or the wheel size and width it can affect your cars handling during the TT, although nothing looks different, it does seem to either make cars understeer or reduce steering angle, this was noticed during the Civic TT a Tsukuba Circuit a while back.

With your own car, as someone else mentioned, you can add your own livery, plus if you change the exhaust to a racing one (usually with blue exhaust tips) it doesn't affect the performance but does still change the sound and the racing exhaust is visually still fitted during the TT (same as brake calipers that you have painted).

Notice the yellow calipers, this was from one of the TTs recently... I thought I had a picture of the exhaust too but I haven't
1000010698.jpg

Last edited:
Back