Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,593 comments
1910ea3336838-screenshotUrl.jpg
1910ea31dd910-screenshotUrl.jpg

Well, I'm not strong in slow speed corners or in wet conditions... Combine the two and I've got my most frustrating TT experience to date. These ones took tonnes of work to pull off. Hoping these times are safe.

These new physics are big of a blow to my driver's ego as I cannot seem to find consistency anywhere. Consistency has never been my strength, but now I feel like I'm scrambling to maintain control of most cars.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether ABS set to weak or default is faster? Prior to the update I was running it on weak. Since the update reset it back to default, I only just made the change back to weak.

Here's the redbull guide for those interested. I''ve always wanted a wet weather time trial so it's nice to see it! Also brings back fond memories when I was competing with Audi at Salzburg and we nailed Pole in the Wet at Redbull Ring!!

What is the deal with keeping off the racing line. Is it because it is "rubbered in" and so is more slippery than non-rubbered tarmac?

What's the deal with all of the top times for the Eiger Nordwand TT short shifting like crazy? Even on the straights they're barely using any of the rev range. I'd usually assume that shifting so early wouldn't give the turbo time to spool up so it's really bizarre to me!

What's the deal with all of the top times for the Eiger Nordwand TT short shifting like crazy? Even on the straights they're barely using any of the rev range. I'd usually assume that shifting so early wouldn't give the turbo time to spool up so it's really bizarre to me!
It's a rally car and it puts down all its torque low in the range. Also, at higher revs you're often just spinning the wheels, losing traction which slows acceleration. The short shifting allows the wheels to hook up to the road and then grip. I'm still not in gold but I took seconds off my time once I realized this.

It's one of those funny ones where my fastest laps often felt my slowest because of less drama.

Last edited:
Idk how they do that stuff, it's not human-like, xD. Seriously, it's insane if you ask me how they pull those moves out of thin air!

What is the deal with keeping off the racing line. Is it because it is "rubbered in" and so is more slippery than non-rubbered tarmac?
Exactly that.

The racing line get smoother and in the the wet you want to be on the roughest tarmac to create more friction (this provides "grip") and more energy/heat in to the tires again increasing the load they can take.

The water also will bring all the old rubber and oils to the surface which again will decrease the available traction.
Edit: (on the racing line for clarity ^)

Last edited:
It is extremely slippy, probably should have explained that more in the video as I just went with assumption which I never should do! But yes its very slippy when its wet, most tracks in real life you would avoid the racing line when it's wet due to the rubber on it. There are exceptions, I think Spa with its new tarmac is faster on the racing line now

It is extremely slippy, probably should have explained that more in the video as I just went with assumption which I never should do! But yes its very slippy when its wet, most tracks in real life you would avoid the racing line when it's wet due to the rubber on it. There are exceptions, I think Spa with its new tarmac is faster on the racing line now
I swear that's what I said before you ;) 🤣

I agree too as driving on a wet track is more difficult than driving on dry pavement. There's a huge difference in the response of the car to the road conditions. And irl too.

That's both good and bad news for us 🤣.

I'd have thought the recent Manu Cup in the wet might of increased some people's confident in the wet.
Those who do those races will probably be okay, but I think the average Joe who does TTs just for fun or extra credits will give up quickly. It is very, very slippery.

What tyres is everyone option for at RBR? I was fastest with wets but am wondering if a squirrelly inter lap is any faster.
I'm comfortable with the wets on my RSR.
I'll test the inter tomorrow but I suspect it's a bit more tricky to stay on the track (for me).

This is why I moved 4,000 miles away from Britain. It get away from the weather!

Only it is raining where I am today... 🤦‍♂️
Karma is a beach... 🌧️☔🌦️⛈️

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Online Time Trial: Slide Away

A bumper week for Gran Turismo 7 Online Time Trial events brings three challenges for players to tackle, with one brand new event and a special trial that ties into the GT World Series in Prague...
Re-enforced me how bad every America car is at handling. Shove a big engine in and leave it at that.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Online Time Trial: Slide Away

A bumper week for Gran Turismo 7 Online Time Trial events brings three challenges for players to tackle, with one brand new event and a special trial that ties into the GT World Series in Prague...
Those "grippy" sports soft tires aren't "grippy" anymore since the update. Those and the sports mediums are like driving on glass and it needs to be fixed in the next update.

Re-enforced me how bad every America car is at handling. Shove a big engine in and leave it at that.
American cars are perfect on.... straights :sly:

Speaking of the Rampage, sad to see all this debauchery of technology and to end up with a monstrous car with such ridiculous road holding. "Big engine" can't be the best answer to every situation.

Those "grippy" sports soft tires aren't "grippy" anymore since the update. Those and the sports mediums are like driving on glass and it needs to be fixed in the next update.
I don't agree at all with this, they feel far grippier, but more punishing if you exceed the limits with the car (as all cars are this patch). I'd wager you're just overdriving it.

Back