Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,612 comments
BWX
First gold lap at Trial Mountain Reverse.. 1:54.166 - Nothing spectacular but somehow 981st, at the time anyways. 🤷‍♂️
Followed Tidgney ghost again, having good luck with it lately!

View attachment 1378528

View attachment 1378529

I kept waiting for the downshift at every corner... Nice work! Smooth. The torque of this car is super fun to play with.

well hell...all of a sudden I started putting it together at RBR and took well over a second off my time! Now I guess I gotta keep going for the silver! That would give me silvers in all 5 current TTs which I'd be pretty pleased with...

IMG_1974.JPG

well hell...all of a sudden I started putting it together at RBR and took well over a second off my time! Now I guess I gotta keep going for the silver! That would give me silvers in all 5 current TTs which I'd be pretty pleased with...

View attachment 1378539
Well done ZevZoq, you're on a very good trend and silver is very close!! GO GO GO !!
I've uploaded my ghost (just in case you need a normal one to follow).

1722887766897.png

Did 10 laps at RBR with the Ferrari on Inters tonight, first forgot to set TC and CS but improved anyway, obviously since I've only done one lap before. So I stopped after 5 laps and set TC to 2 and activated CS.

Did 5 other laps and improved on my best lap on first lap, and got more after that.

Optimal shows good potential too.

Comfortably in silver, next days I focus on Eiger.

Went from 60000th to 7700th, hope to gain more, maybe to improve my best ranking until now ?

RBR-Ferrari-10laps.png

@crome : thanks for this update, it is a brilliant add-on, very convenient ! will it work in every thread ? of just here for times when you don't have a post of yours at hand ?

Last edited:
Managed to improve my time at TM into gold margin, or at least what was gokd margin until I finished lapping and saw that Jeddah improved his time.. still silver, but getting into grips with that beast
1000018734.jpg

1000018733.jpg

Tried to gold spa, struggling a bit, 0.6 from gold, so need at least 1s improvement to be safe. Eau rouge/radillion are a mystery to me. I manage to kinda nail them one in ten tries
1000018735.jpg
1000018732.jpg

Last edited:
Did 10 laps at RBR with the Ferrari on Inters tonight, first forgot to set TC and CS but improved anyway, obviously since I've only done one lap before. So I stopped after 5 laps and set TC to 2 and activated CS.

Did 5 other laps and improved on my best lap on first lap, and got more after that.

Optimal shows good potential too.

Comfortably in silver, next days I focus on Eiger.

View attachment 1378548
BRAVO !!!
I was scared to face a difficult TT with the rain but it's much more fun as expected. Once you get the point where to put the car on the track, you can really push the 458 and the scores are getting down quickly.

999 pages in this thread 😮‍💨

But then with so many time trials at any one time these days are any of us surprised!?? So many trials!! I don’t know where to invest my time as time is precious right now; the Classic Subaru at EN was my choice as it finishes first… this car was one of the many reason I became interested in cars and racing, Colin McRae and Nicky Grist an iconic combo;

So what a pleasant surprise to see the best of the physics update in this trial; I’ve found it a bit hit and miss so far and still trying to work out ideal wheel settings; however what seems sure is that 4WD feels so so good now, I’ve actually driven a 4WD Impreza rally car in real life and although it was on a gravel/mud rally stage the feel even on racing hard tyres is there!! Whoop! At first I couldn’t figure out where the extra rotation the fastest drivers were getting but then… well well, handbrake action as well!?? And perfect drifts out of low speed corners? Ooosh!! I’m in heaven!

Tricky combo and the ‘on/off’ handbrake using a mapped button on the wheel is hard to modulate but god it’s fun when it goes well!!

Well played PD, well played

IMG_7980.jpeg

IMG_7979.jpeg

BRAVO !!!
I was scared to face a difficult TT with the rain but it's much more fun as expected. Once you get the point where to put the car on the track, you can really push the 458 and the scores are getting down quickly.
I am not having that much fun driving on egg shells and at the moment I brake a bit hazardously has @Tidgney's ghost is most of the time a bit too far to copy his braking points. But the ghost is usefull as if I see that I am coming back fast on him in a braking zone, it means I need to brake more in order to be able to go through the next turn.

But overall I brake lightly and early. I think most of my potential is here, find better braking points and apply more braking power later than I do now.

Very cautious driving, not taking any risk 😅

I am not having that much fun driving on egg shells and at the moment I brake a bit hazardously has @Tidgney's ghost is most of the time a bit too far to copy his braking points. But the ghost is usefull as if I see that I am coming back fast on him in a braking zone, it means I need to brake more in order to be able to go through the next turn.

But overall I brake lightly and early. I think most of my potential is here, find better braking points and apply more braking power later than I do now.

Very cautious driving, not taking any risk 😅
I brake between 150 and 100 meters, most of the time (and a bit before the 50 for the left before the downhill).
In fact, no need to be brutal here, the Ferrari is doing a great job if we are not too pushy.

I brake between 150 and 100 meters, most of the time (and a bit before the 50 for the left before the downhill).
In fact, no need to be brutal here, the Ferrari is doing a great job if we are not too pushy.
I should use your ghost, but you are a bit too close to my lap time so your ghost would be too close for comfort I think.

You need to gain 1s so I can use your ghost 😁 attack !

Wow. I did not expect to enjoy the Camaro as much as I did, but this is a super rewarding TT and the car is a great drive. Ended up only having time for this one today though.

Some people were talking a lot of "American car hur durr" trash about it, but wouldn't you know it drives amazingly. That's not to say it isn't tough to nail down. Throttle is something that needs to be patiently applied for sure, but the car is consistent and very satisfying to hustle around.

Per usual had to make a livery for it and I went with emulating the style of late 70s Z28s (my uncle had one in this color way). There is way more time in those side decals than I care to admit! Also... ORANGE FTW.

20970600259290450.jpg

I didn't think I was finding good pace here, but when I backed out I found myself in 233rd place at the moment. I don't think I ever nailed down a lap that I was 100% satisfied with, so I'm excited to find more time here. There's a lot of it! Corner exits with no TCS can end up with a lot of wheelspin!

IMG_3428.jpeg

Happy lapping!

Well. I begin this post by saying yet again that I hate GR3 in this game and always have since I played it. I suffer through but I generally do not enjoy it. However. RBR in the rain with that sweet little red menace is absolutely amazing when you get it right.

191244c416f40-screenshotUrl.jpg

I do not know where these times with these cars at this track are coming from but I do enjoy it very much. No guides, following some random ghost at number ten on the leaderboard is all the help I've had. The update really really rewards tight and accurate driving. The more I play with more cars the more I enjoy it.

191244c24f034-screenshotUrl.jpg

Gratuitous leader board of death shot because that'll never happen again... 😂🍻😂

I heavily doubt that I'll maintain my standing as one of the 5 overseas qualifiers by the end of the month, as more quick guys will probably jump onto this after the GTWS Prague event next weekend. There's no harm in trying I suppose. Optimal puts me in the 26.5s at the moment so there's plenty of time left for me to find still.

Ghost replay is available to watch or chase if anyone needs it. Don't expect many people to share them as this is an esports competition after all, so it's the least I can do for you all if you're trying to figure out how to gain more time here. It's only been 2 days, so for now I don't feel like there's any benefit for me to be hiding some secret technique or line to gain a few hundredths that would give me an advantage over the others.

IMG_0707.png
Dude, I saw you up there and I'm rooting for you! Thanks for posting the replay too.

999 pages in this thread 😮‍💨

But then with so many time trials at any one time these days are any of us surprised!?? So many trials!! I don’t know where to invest my time as time is precious right now; the Classic Subaru at EN was my choice as it finishes first… this car was one of the many reason I became interested in cars and racing, Colin McRae and Nicky Grist an iconic combo;

So what a pleasant surprise to see the best of the physics update in this trial; I’ve found it a bit hit and miss so far and still trying to work out ideal wheel settings; however what seems sure is that 4WD feels so so good now, I’ve actually driven a 4WD Impreza rally car in real life and although it was on a gravel/mud rally stage the feel even on racing hard tyres is there!! Whoop! At first I couldn’t figure out where the extra rotation the fastest drivers were getting but then… well well, handbrake action as well!?? And perfect drifts out of low speed corners? Ooosh!! I’m in heaven!

Tricky combo and the ‘on/off’ handbrake using a mapped button on the wheel is hard to modulate but god it’s fun when it goes well!!

Well played PD, well played

View attachment 1378554
View attachment 1378555

EDIT, ignore this post :)

Amazing lap (as always)
How come handbrake icon don't lit in replay?

Last edited:
Been a few days since since I had some time to really check in here.. Page 999 Jesus. Keeping up is getting harder and harder 😅

So now we have 5 TTs at once? Wtf PD? Atm i don't even have time for one :banghead: And if I have some time I can't use the wheel since the room on the upper floor where it stands is hot as hell. Should make a sign "Now entering Mordor" 🥵

Did only a couple of laps on the weekend in the Honda on Spa and barely made it into silver at the time. Thank good it is for a month since Spa is one of my favorite tracks.

The GT3 on RBR looks like some fun in the rain but doubt that I'll have the time for it. Same with Trial Mountain. But not too sad about that one 😂

Yaaaay! Did a few more laps at that awful reverse Trial Mountain and managed, at last, to sneak into bronze! Dodgy at 9.21% but I see Jeddah has posted his lap so fingers crossed the Aliens have lost interest!
Only managed to get the car around by putting traction control up to 4, but that let me use accelerator quicker!

That means bronze in all this week, apart from the Under 17 at Spa but I'm a tad too old for that so won't be joining. 🤣

Likely to be away for a few days from tomorrow so timing is good. :cheers:

Last edited:
Back