Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,616 comments
Gluten Free Wow GIF by Tennis TV

Yaaaay! Did a few more laps at that awful reverse Trial Mountain and managed, at last, to sneak into bronze! Dodgy at 9.21% but I see Jeddah has posted his lap so fingers crossed the Aliens have lost interest!
Only managed to get the car around by putting traction control up to 4, but that let me use accelerator quicker!

That means bronze in all this week, apart from the Under 17 at Spa but I'm a tad too old for that so won't be joining. 🤣

Likely to be away for a few days from tomorrow so timing is good. :cheers:
Hey man go ahead and put up a time in the U17 too. An extra 500K for bronze and no harm done.

Could damage my self-esteem! So I'll pass, thanks! 🤣
hahaha, I have 2 sons. When it comes to videogames, my self esteem was toast about 15 years ago! :lol:

That bugfix update tomorrow comes a day before the TT ends. Interesting. 🤔
Bugfixes are good, but I sure hope whatever they do it doesn't negatively impact the benefits of the new physics - which ftmp I've found to be very very positive.

Last edited:
Red Bull Ring has to be the most infuriating TT I've had to deal with for a long time; I can't remember what TT I last struggled with and did not enjoy.

But after 300km, I finally put in a lap that should keep me in gold. I also probably made my life a lot harder by not using TC, but whatever. Now that I've done the lap, I can't help but wonder why everything is so inconsistent. Whenever I thought I got the grips on the car/conditions, suddenly the car spins out without warning, or I have issues getting off the rubbered line (felt like I got stuck sometimes)

I'm also pretty sure the kerbs aren't supposed to be as grippy as they are...this TT quite simply put melted my brain.

Yeeeessssssss!!!!!! For now 36° in the World at the RBR!!!! 1.37.000
Ohh I would be so pissed with not going into the 36s :lol: Amazing time nontheless!

I'm currently at 1:37.087, and I made myself a promise that I will go below 37. Actually had one great lap today, 1:36.980, but unfortunately, clipped the first corner just a milimeter too much on the inside and of course, invalidated. But it must be done :mad:

Chris...not this again.

You've already admitted it, and it is very apparent.

It's time to stop even thinking about gold.
I knew you'd say that, I can predict what people will say.

"Chris, stop worrying about gold, you will never strive for it!"

Afternoon session. Trial mountain was first. Got ìnto gold pretty quick, but optimals were a lot more promising so decided to stick around. Only to see my times get worse :) . Still around 0.5 to find according to optimals
1000018761.jpg
1000018763.jpg

Then came spa time. Finally found my way to regularly get decent speed around eau rouge/radillion. The key for me was to lift throttle not entirely. This keeps me from spinning and alows to turn. Took some time to find the right lift off balance here. Still many corners come messy. Got into gold in adult tt, then went for a time at u17 ( I'm two times that age (and a little more). Do I get twice the rewards? ). U17 time is at the moment a bit worse but still in gold zone. Was on a 0.6s lap better but got strange ffb twitch in one of the corners and spun into wall, so still some time to get here.
1000018757.jpg
1000018760.jpg
1000018756.jpg

Attachments

• 1000018760.jpg
    1000018760.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Like what?
The physics model is a whole arrangement of parameters used to dictate behavior. They all come together and combine with specific vehicle traits to create what we know as "handling".

When issues with the model develop it's not like PD can just click a button to turn off that trait. It may require tweaking larger aspects of the handling model to eliminate the unwanted behavior. Those larger tweaks may have a trickle down effect that negatively impacts other aspects of the model that some of us are enjoying.

I hope that while PD addresses the code leading to bouncy cars, steering glitches, improper handling and FFB weakness that there isn't a cascade of changes that make other beneficial aspects of 1.49 worse.

You're absolutely right, gold is for those who put more than enough effort, but smart enough to learn/study the track before doing any lap sessions. So I need to take a step back and reduce the requirements/goals.
The hardest one is the RBR wet with the Gr. 3 car selections. Idk about you guys.

@TumeK5

Last edited:
Decent improvement for me at RBR in this evenings session. My optimals are now in the .1xx. Will return here. This is a very relaxing time trial. It's slow and chilled. I like it alot.

Hoping there won't be any drastic changes with tomorrow's maintenance. Holding thumbs for a tweak to the FFB.

19128aba69649-screenshotUrl.jpg

First chance to head back to TM. I improved by a tenth back to where I was on leaderboard on Friday.
IMG_2969.jpeg

Starting clicking better and was finally able to string all 3 sectors together. Needless to say I am very happy.
Really enjoying this slidey car, even though I'm using TCS 2. Really only another tenth in there on sector 2.
IMG_2971.jpeg
IMG_2970.jpeg

Now with video action

Last edited:
Decent improvement for me at RBR in this evenings session. My optimals are now in the .1xx. Will return here. This is a very relaxing time trial. It's slow and chilled. I like it alot.

Hoping there won't be any drastic changes with tomorrow's maintenance. Holding thumbs for a tweak to the FFB.

View attachment 1378858
We all note the "600" th ranking in a Gogga style :lol: Bravo my vriend, that's an awesome score!!

(Light is back here, should put some efforts on this TT from tomorrow)

I had to go back to RB as my previous time got knocked into silver. So did a 38.4; hopefully that'll be safe, but this one might get a lot of attention as it's likely the conditions the competitors will racing in next week.

Only thing that irks me about the RB TT is on the second to last right hander the car gets crazy loose on braking. Like, I hit the brakes, even at ~80%, and the rear snaps around. It's not a problem on T1, T3, T4, T6, or T7, but that T9 the car just wants to spin. Using the Ferrari on IMs. Anyone else experience this?
Yes. I don't believe the physics in this game are an acurate representation of the reality of the car's actual handling. Modern GT3s are set up to be driver friendly, as the AM drivers need to be able to drive them. They also lean on the ABS and TCS. It's ****ing infuriating.

I have never driven a mid-engine car on anything more aggressive than an A048 but I have never, ever, experienced a mid engine car snap oversteer under braking in any environment.

View attachment 1378858
So, you found a way to get rid of the apparently mandatory 'two wiggles in sector two then? That's the only way that I would think this TT would be relaxing.

It is low but it is not over. Naxeht usually comes in late with a top 100. There have been 3s recently, example TT81 and 84, and some 4s.

Re we don't have a difficulty scale: yes we do. See main table in the opening post.
Thread 'Time Trial - Results and Community Leader Boards' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/time-trial-results-and-community-leader-boards.424113/

Rank column is my attempt at a difficulty scale.
No chance of that this time, I’m so far behind on the Impreza Eiger TT it’s ridiculous. This is the stuff of nightmares as far as I’m concerned.

10+2 more laps at Eiger to complete Daily Workout. 7 red laps on 10...

A tiny improvement in the 2 laps stint.

I feel like this TT suffers the most from using AT. And I should ise hand-brake to help turn the car in hairpins, now I am just painfully slow. Last day tomorrow, we'll see.

Back