Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,864 comments
IMG_1811.jpeg

😤😭 I was up 1/10th for a possible 1:33.1xx right up until that last corner lol

Last edited:
For those of you taking turn1 at deep forest in U shape: what is your brake profile?
You go 100% on the straight and then trail brake to 0
Or go 100%, then move to 50 (or else) and then stay there, then trail brake to 0

I'm not familiar with trail brake into long turns

Thanks

Hello there!

I decided to dig deep in the forest.... And I got sub 34. Lovely time trial session.
191ce189c7d69-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_441789324080584_1725739547189.jpg

The splits:
191ce18c1b412-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_441789320932934_1725739534894.jpg

PS: I had a 15 laps stint where I got a 34.1 and I was following this delta today but I started to overdrive the car and decided to start a new stint and the sub 34 happened.

zjn
For those of you taking turn1 at deep forest in U shape: what is your brake profile?
Or go 100%, then move to 50 (or else) and then stay there, then trail brake to 0

Thanks
This car actually doesn't like trail braking much. Anything trail braking approaching 50% braking pressure will just make the car understeer badly. If you are doing a more U shape approach for turn one....brake more on the straight and trail brake lightly to get the car to rotate. A bit of coasting on 2nd helps too.

Decided to wash my Lancer, change the oil and even the wheels!

xURVjwU.png

Gotta say it's quite the contrast seeing yellow in the middle of so much green. 12 laps in and the car is fine, but unfortunately I couldn't get below 1:37.

c1Q85U5.png

Then the team said in the radio:
"Today is a bright day. It's like, very bright! Just a few clouds here and there. It's all dry and shiny, perfect opportunity to drive around with racing hard tires without worrying about a thing! It's not like it's going to rain or something to use WET tires."

In my defense, the car was with GT Auto until I finally arrived at the track!

1:34.995 is my best time so far and to compensate my infinite wisdom the game gave a 6* ticket worth of 500k credits.

Evening everyone - really wanted to get a lap nailed at Monza before starting the new event. A session last night got me within half a tenth of my best but nothing more. Managed a short session this afternoon though and finally nailed something close to my optimals. I’ve run more miles here than I normally would, but it’s been worth it. On to Deep Forest!
1725751888499.jpeg

Evening everyone - really wanted to get a lap nailed at Monza before starting the new event. A session last night got me within half a tenth of my best but nothing more. Managed a short session this afternoon though and finally nailed something close to my optimals. I’ve run more miles here than I normally would, but it’s been worth it. On to Deep Forest!
View attachment 1387404
Impressive, you're in the top 100! I'm getting prepared and ready to blow out the laps at Monza, wish me luck. I'm getting back to work tonight and tomorrow! I'm sure the aliens will be hard for you guys to beat; even me!

I couldn't get around Deep Forest to make a bronze yesterday and was baffled. Loaded an Alien ghost (thanks @Tidgney ) and he was pulling away at quite a pace on the straights. Checked the on-screen bar for accelerator and noticed it was only about 80% or so. This did happen before with my previous pedal set.

Used air-in-a-can on the pedal and contact cleaner, from the top, and went to the recalibration page. No matter how hard I pressed the pedal I could only get 96% and back in the trial the accelerator bar still wasn't anywhere near maximum.
I guess I'm going to have to get to the pedal from the bottom today as I think there's some gunk in there......

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it 🤣

Last edited:
zjn

Thanks
I intent to brake 100% between the curb and the 100 and trailbrake to the apex and when you hit the inner curb or almost ..release fully and try to keep a real close line and coast for a short moment than you can get on the power very early in 2nd, but like @Evilmuffin mentioned it doesnt realy like it but it's doable 😁🤣 I'm not super consistent yet on S1 but did had al new fastest S1 this morning in my mega short session at 26.090 😳
But ofcourse I stuffed it up later in the lap 🤣🤣

1000025558.jpg

191d1361da287-73018CCBDEFAFF50298.1EEB37D617DCA6BE_message_441802688213592_1725791750834.jpg

Oh hey guys, i'm back :) still gotta get on my old level again but this track proved to be quite hard. Still satisfied with this time though. Also golded the EVO tt but theres a lot of time to gain there before i post it haha. 😁

Happy lapping as always!

I couldn't get around Deep Forest to make a bronze yesterday and was baffled. Loaded an Alien ghost (thanks @Tidgney ) and he was pulling away at quite a pace on the straights. Checked the on-screen bar for accelerator and noticed it was only about 80% or so. This did happen before with my previous pedal set.

Used air-in-a-can on the pedal and contact cleaner, from the top, and went to the recalibration page. No matter how hard I pressed the pedal I could only get 96% and back in the trial the accelerator bar still wasn't anywhere near maximum.
I guess I'm going to have to get to the pedal from the bottom today as I think there's some gunk in there......

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it 🤣
If that fails and you determine that the pedals are definitely the problem the short term solution can be to go into the GT controller setup page and adjust the pedals so that an amount that you determine is interpreted by the game as 100%.. I had to do this while waiting on a solution for my G29 pedal set.

Grrr... Monza is driving me crazy. 🥲

IMG_20240908_151858.jpg

The first lap should have already been a .4, but i released the brakes a bit early for the final turn and ran wide. 🤪

Right on next lap i nailed the chicane at the beginning of S2 like never before, suddenly beeing 0.2s ahead of my ghost. 😳
But no problem at all, just screw Lesmo 1 and a normal run through Lesmo 2 and Tadaaa... the ghost is right in front of me. 🙈😂

Ascari was great again so i'm side by side with my ghost going into the final corner with the knowledge that he is going to screw it. 😏
Braking was on spot, but as soon as i got back on throttle i knew it was to early, so short shift into 3rd to hold the line.
Didn't lost to much because of this, but enough to not make it into the top10. 🥲

IMG_20240908_151954.jpg

Grrr... Monza is driving me crazy. 🥲

View attachment 1387539

The first lap should have already been a .4, but i released the brakes a bit early for the final turn and ran wide. 🤪

Right on next lap i nailed the chicane at the beginning of S2 like never before, suddenly beeing 0.2s ahead of my ghost. 😳
But no problem at all, just screw Lesmo 1 and a normal run through Lesmo 2 and Tadaaa... the ghost is right in front of me. 🙈😂

Ascari was great again so i'm side by side with my ghost going into the final corner with the knowledge that he is going to screw it. 😏
Braking was on spot, but as soon as i got back on throttle i knew it was to early, so short shift into 3rd to hold the line.
Didn't lost to much because of this, but enough to not make it into the top10. 🥲

View attachment 1387721
I also have these things too .....occassionally...... trying to get into the top 100 🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈

But come on Ed, you got this! Almost there!

Epic as always! 😁

Latest Posts

Back