Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,890 comments
You know they're not going to, especially the crazy ET aliens!! I even want them to stop most of the time, but they are just too good for these time trial challenges.

Extra Terrestrial Moon GIF by PeacockTV

Last edited:
Morning folks,

@Barareklam 's question yesterday about what i had to do to get any progression on the current GR4 trial got me thinking...( thanks mate! )
I think i had 3 session now that got me close to PB, but not close enough anymore...and i'm driving on the edge every session but OPT is still lower than the PB so there should be time to find right.

The braking would have been my struggle as i replied yesterday so changed a little something for my feeling, easing up...
I noticed the first 30 minutes that i went to hard in on some corners which makes trailbraking even more difficult under sliding.
S1 wasn't the best again but descent,
I was cramping up in S2 most of the time, now tried to be more relaxed what got me to go to 4th after T2 that made the car a lot more stable and less nerveous so was a lot more relaxed exiting the tunnel section and time to aproach the 90 degree basterd before the backstraight.....which i kind of nailed :) and got a split 58.723 before the orange world :lol: again not the fastest but very descent!
For the last corner i got myself a good fixed brakepoint.... start of the fence, that works for me, i know some brake later but i overshoot it every time if i try to brake later...could have be more on the inside i think althouh i had a fairly nice exitspeed coming out and could follow @djolliea (if he knew my OPT this morning he would skip his tarmac breakfast and go again :lol::lol:)

All said.... across the line in 1:33.144 :):)

The bad thing.... i think i am on 1600km's right now :lol::lol:

191daa068b311-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Morning folks,

@Barareklam 's question yesterday about what i had to do to get any progression on the current GR4 trial got me thinking...( thanks mate! )
I think i had 3 session now that got me close to PB, but not close enough anymore...and i'm driving on the edge every session but OPT is still lower than the PB so there should be time to find right.

The braking would have been my struggle as i replied yesterday so changed a little something for my feeling, easing up...
I noticed the first 30 minutes that i went to hard in on some corners which makes trailbraking even more difficult under sliding.
I was cramping up in S2 most of the time, now tried to be more relaxed what got me to go to 4th after T2 that made the car a lot more stable and less nerveous so was a lot more relaxed exiting the tunnel section and time to aproach the 90 degree basterd before the backstraight.....which i kind of nailed :) and got a split 58.723 before the orange world :lol: again not the fastest but very descent!
For the last corner i got myself a good fixed brakepoint.... start of the fence, that works for me, i know some brake later but i overshoot it every time if i try to brake later...could have be more on the inside i think althouh i had a fairly nice exitspeed coming out and could follow @djolliea (if he knew my OPT this morning he would skip his tarmac breakfast and go again :lol::lol:)

View attachment 1388128

This one is an interesting TT. I'm debating if I want o go again. I know I can get another 10th, but it will be a struggle.

My sector 1 is reasonably decent, I can even do a mid .2s without chasing a ghost.

Sector 2....the downhill left is my problem. I either brake too late, too much, or acclerate at the wrong time....losing a good 3/10s to Tidge's ghost right there. Because of the semi messed up exit, my entey to the next 90 degree left is always a bit odd which compromise the long straight.

THe final hairpin is still a bit of hit or miss for me. I had to be extremely precise on how to release the brake and downshift to get the car to rotate right. Too fast or too slow and the car will just understeer and miss the apex.

I dunno...looking at your time which is .6% off the fastest yet still not in the top 100. The motivation is a bit on the low side 🙈 Maybe I will give it another go just to clear all you bastards who went a few hundredths ahead of me 🤪

Last edited:
This one is an interesting TT. I'm debating if I want o go again. I know I can get another 10th, but it will be a struggle.

My sector 1 is reasonably decent, I can even do a mid .2s without chasing a ghost.

Sector 2....the downhill left is my problem. I either brake too late, too much, or acclerate at the wrong time....losing a good 3/10s to Tidge's ghost right there. Because of the semi messed up exit, my entey to the next 90 degree left is always a bit odd which compromise the long straight.

THe final hairpin is still a bit of hit or miss for me. I had to be extremely precise on how to release the brake and downshift to get the car to rotate right. Too fast or too slow and the car will just understeer and miss the apex.

I dunno...looking at your time which is .6% off the fastest yet still not in the top 100. The motivation is a bit on the low side 🙈 Maybe I will give it another go just to clear all you bastards who went a few hundredths ahead of me 🤪
Far be it for me to give advice, but maybe my attempts to improve will spur your thought process and help.. The downhill left in the second sector has always been problematic for me. The method that I have settled on is as follows: Straighten out the entrance at the top of the corner as much as you can, clipping the curbing with your two left tires. Don't look at the apex. Look at the bend in the fence. I think only once in a hundred laps have I actually touched the fence. By targeting the fence, I get two tires on the grass and leave only the two right tires on the track, straightening out the turn. I am pretty sure that this only works with 4WD cars.

Regards,
Ken

Indeed it's a interesting one, but not top one-hundred-able for me i think, they are just to fast :lol: :lol:
S2 downhill is a nasty one, tue.
What seems to work for me is having my eye on the green bollard ...steer towards it and realy get the weight-transfer going by throwing it to the left under braking, you can almost scrape the bollard, altho on the PB lap i was quite far off...
But that 90 degree left hander after that is a real pain in the rear and if you entry is off due to the downhill you are 100% screwed :lol::lol:

And yes, 0.6% and far off a top 100 is mind blowing, i understand your lack of motivation :lol::lol:

I'm awaiting to see you appear above me on the board :)

Introducing the Monza "Faff Around and Find Out Track Limits" Experience:

Gran Turismo® 7_20240910173708.png

I was expecting to loathe this combo, but wanted an easy 2 million credits. I had driven the Murcie prior to 1.49's physics changes, and I found its brakes to be god–awful and the understeer somehow even worse, but with the 1.49 physics change and slightly upgraded Sports Medium tyres, holy hell were my expectations blown away! I hardly had to fight the car to get it to turn. It even felt downright nimble going through Curva Grande. The only part where I had to fight the car was in first gear coming out of the first chicane, where it showed some very old school Lamborghini rowdiness with its rear end, and I am all for it! This I opine is the sweet spot in Lamborghini's history, right between their wild and uncontrollable old self and their overly sensible and unshakably stable modern self; stable, neutral, but has a hint of the buck wild on command!

That said, the car always felt surprisingly wide to me, and I always wound up dipping tiny parts of my tyres into the gravel on corner exits, or even during corner entries as I braked for Ascari. GT7 still has that annoying quirk where a tyre is treated as entirely off–road even if just a bit slips past the paved stuff, and when coupled with Monza's Track Limits, meant a lot of frustrating trial and error. Still, the noise and extremely neutral handling of the Murcie almost made me want to keep trying for a better time, even after getting a safe gold, and I genuinely never thought the day would come where I felt this way in a Lamborghini.

This combo might've made the Murcie my single favourite Lambo in the game in less than 15 minutes.

Morning folks,

View attachment 1388128

You’ve done 1,600 kms on this one? :crazy:

Hi guys (and Greek)

Just came back from Switzerland where the weather was pretty nice over Deep Forest circuit.
In the past few days, I had many optimals in 1:34.2xx / 1:34.3xx so I knew I had the potential to shave 2 or 3 more tenths on my PB (1:34.511).

1725986997730.png

As the track was available, I took the opportunity to do a few laps to have fun. And it was a good move because I improved my PB again (-0.247) :dopey:

S1 - 26.400 - not bad, pretty happy with this score (less than 0.5 from @djolliea S1 which is the reference)
S2 - 33.310 - miserable score here (dunno where I failed but I did badly). +/- 5 tenths are available here.
S3 - 34.554 - not bad too, probably one of my best S3 so far. The speed exit of the hairpin is the key here.

Theorically, a '1:33' could be doable but I need to find motivation and time to fight for that insane quest. If the next TT isn't exciting, maybe...

Once again, I couldn't imagine to get such score when starting this TT. I feel a bit more comfortable with the wheel, with the gear box (ok sometimes, I mess severly), and the Sony headset was the real game changer to me.

Robert Downey Jr Kisses GIF

Last edited:
Hi guys (and Greek)

Just came back from Switzerland where the weather was pretty nice over Deep Forest circuit.
In the past few days, I had many optimals in 1:34.2xx / 1:34.3xx so I knew I had the potential to shave 2 or 3 more tenths on my PB (1:34.511).

View attachment 1388208

As the track was available, I took the opportunity to do a few laps to have fun. And it was a good move because I improved my PB again (-0.247) :dopey:

S1 - 26.400 - not bad, pretty happy with this score (less than 0.5 from @djolliea S1 which is the reference)
S2 - 33.310 - miserable score here (dunno where I failed but I did badly). +/- 5 tenths are available here.
S3 - 34.554 - not bad too, probably one of my best S3 so far. The speed exit of the hairpin is the key here.

Theorically, a '1:33' could be doable but I need to find motivation and time to fight for that insane quest. If the next TT isn't exciting, maybe...

Once again, I couldn't imagine to get such score when starting this TT. I feel a bit more comfortable with the wheel, with the gear box (ok sometimes, I mess severly), and the Sony headset was the real game changer to me.

Robert Downey Jr Kisses GIF
6TGG1m.gif

I am absolutely loving the Evo time trial, what a car and track combo! 42 miles later and I'm very happy with this result, even though I lost a little time through the final hairpin - My palms were sweating so much the pad became slippery and I didn't want to mess up the lap!

191dcff3d9731-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

Last edited:
Suzuka-NSX-10laps-3.jpg

Yabadabadooooo ! I'm golden 😁

A good sector 2 and boom! (S3 was not too bad either, for my standards)

DF-Lancer-gold.jpg

I think it'll hold but I'll try to improve, unless next TT is even better for my taste.

30 laps in so far.

And for once, some Titans are behind (but it won't last...)
Dudetuna.jpg

(Titans underlined in yellow)

Last edited:
View attachment 1388247

View attachment 1388248

I think it'll hold but I'll try to improve, unless next TT is even better for my taste.

30 laps in so far.

View attachment 1388249
BRAVO Lomic, that's an excellent score!!! #TeamBreizh
Don't worry about DudeTuna, he got what he deserves :lol::dopey:

@Lomic Yeah, you can see I'm getting closer to the gold range. All I need to do is think of a plan and also call Superman to help me out! How ironic, I seem to be doing better and are more familiar with the Deep Forest challenge than the Monza one. The tires stick to the road and the Lancer has more stability than the Murcielago. Well, I have limited time to work with, so off I go to Monza. The Lesmo corners can hurt your time if you don't navigate through them properly.

View attachment 1388247

View attachment 1388248

30 laps in so far.

View attachment 1388249
Bravo mate , hope to join you in the 15.000 number 😂
Only run once and i think is quite safe your gold cause the nature of that compo doesn't give so much room to the Aliens to get away ( fast car -short track and isn't Eiger 🤣 ).

Are you become a German ?
h-qKxx.gif

Only run once and i think is quite safe your gold cause the nature of that compo doesn't give so much room to the Aliens to get away ( fast car -short track and isn't Eiger 🤣 ).

View attachment 1388299
Of course he is!! However I'm American and am still semi-slow, :(

In a rare turn of events I've managed gold on both current time trials! Just hoping there's no movement up top at Monza - I'm away for work until the weekend!

View attachment 1388301

What are we thinking guys: is that time safe?? 🤞🤞
Those times should be safe. As long as the leaders don't improve their times by 5 hundredths of a second. Which actually I think Jeddah is done in Monza. I doubt he'll be able to improve his time. It's difficult enough for me to get in the 1'53.000's, let alone get down below a 1'50.000 time.

View attachment 1388299
Sorry, but that is fake! We wear WHITE socks in Birkenstocks! :D

Last edited:
In a rare turn of events I've managed gold on both current time trials! Just hoping there's no movement up top at Monza - I'm away for work until the weekend!

View attachment 1388301

What are we thinking guys: is that time safe?? 🤞🤞
Yes, you're safe at Monza (and congrats for your next 2 golds, mate).

Back from probably the last free days for some time. I like the new one at Deep Forest. The YouTubers where inconsistent in there ABS settings. I went with full ABS as I'm not sensitive on the brakes other than using trail braking a bit.

1000022859.jpg

Maybe i have the time for another session. I would then switch from chase cam back to bumper cam after more then a year as i tend to not look very far ahead in chase cam. My view is always near the car when i see it in front of me. That hinders performance, especially if you are tired.

Last edited:
View attachment 1388247

View attachment 1388248

30 laps in so far.

View attachment 1388249
Nice work!

You are fast. I have driven with you enough to see that. This is awesome as I know you don't grind these things. 🔥

I was too busy to play recently, but I just tried the Mucielago @ Monza time trial since it expires very soon, and after about half an hour, I got a time that's just a few hundredths off the gold threshold! I think it was 1:53.122 or something like that, which AFAIK is 2.96% off the top. Unless a new top time is accomplished by early next morning, I think I'm gonna get gold for this one.

I was too busy to play recently, but I just tried the Mucielago @ Monza time trial since it expires very soon, and after about half an hour, I got a time that's just a few hundredths off the gold threshold! I think it was 1:53.122 or something like that, which AFAIK is 2.96% off the top. Unless a new top time is accomplished by early next morning, I think I'm gonna get gold for this one.
Fear the Shooter! :lol:

Back