Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,908 comments
New TT

Sports Hards
Bop On

View attachment 1388508
Hi guys,
after my wife and I cut back on our work during the baby break, it's now back to normal and I'll have to be a bit economical with my online time.
Since I'm focusing a bit more on lobby racing again, I'm going to treat myself to a sabbatical after the 25th TT gold.

I'll be back after a while of course. You are awesome guys. 😘

Happy lapping
Martin

Hi guys,
after my wife and I cut back on our work during the baby break, it's now back to normal and I'll have to be a bit economical with my online time.
Hi Martin, hope your work is some kind of fun. Enjoy the lobby racing!

I'm having the opposite here. Baby is soon in Kindergarden and as my wife starts working again im reducing my hours by 20% to be there for our 2 year old in the afternoons when my wife is away.

Last edited:
Good start as usual. Don't know if I've peaked too early 😂😂 probably loads of time left to gain but this car is very fun to throw around corners!

191e56857bd86-screenshotUrl.jpg

Good start as usual. Don't know if I've peaked too early 😂😂 probably loads of time left to gain but this car is very fun to throw around corners!

View attachment 1388527
10 seconds faster than me, it is on the verge of unfathomable 😅 sure I did only one lap but still. I'll need to watch replays to understand how I can be so far 🤣

10 seconds faster than me, it is on the verge of unfathomable 😅 sure I did only one lap but still. I'll need to watch replays to understand how I can be so far 🤣
Ha, if it's any consolation my very first lap was 2mins! Was trying to drive it like a smooth race car and very quickly learned to chuck it and use the kerbs for extra steering!

Oh, before i forget, the last 2 tenth to brake the 1:34 at Deep Forest where by reducing ABS from full to weak. I don't know if it was the ABS as I'm not a very sensible guy and don't feel much (that's what my wife tells me as well ;) ).

Kudos to all the drivers here, always great figure read on these pages.

I'm parked since Sunday and now I have to deal with the dilemma of trying again ad Deep Forest and move on with the new TT.
I think I have stil 1-2 days to take my decision though :(

191e5ae098611-screenshotUrl.jpg

Didn't peak that early then. Gonna be quiet on my side now for a bit, genuinely lost track of time doing this this morning.

Still more time to gain, hopefully can make it into the 1.54s. My hands hurt now with having to make all the counter corrections using the thumbstick 😂😂 and honestly been gripping the controller so hard as if it's the steering wheel!

Last edited:
1726137137094.png

Well, I can't say I didn't try. I put a lot of effort in, 734 laps in a 10 day period. What an exhausting experience. I don't think I'll have any trouble with the Vette. But how well can I defeat the chicane of death? That's the question. I know it's a pure lap/time killer for a majority of players out there looking for a gold/silver time. I'm proud of this rank, I know 27,565 drivers were faster than me, but who cares. I joined the 1'53.000 club last night. Well good luck, I'm a semi Dragon Trail fan so this should be familiar to me. This was my first track I raced on in GT sport in 2021, so I'm ready as always.

Last edited:
Switch to motion steering and treat it like a wheel 😉

Join me and @Barareklam on the dark side 😂
Ha, might try that after work actually for a challenge. Will let you know how badly it goes!

I always do that (turn the controller anyway as if it makes a difference) and the wife laughs at me and says along the lines of "why are you turning the controller, it's not a steering wheel"

Now next time I can tell her she's wrong 😎😎 and I will love every second of it!

Sweet lord ! I don't feel bad falling 1 second behind you ! Kudos for the perseverance/stubbornness 😱
Yeah mate, how many total laps did you put in? Jeddah was the only person to set a time under 1'50.000 which was brilliant. He probably didn't run as much as I did, :(

What an ordeal this challenge has been. Now it's time for DT.

Collected my reward for gold number 10 this morning so that was nice. My initial few laps on the controller at DT in the Vette has me just barely in bronze - not a promising sign. The car is as loose as a hotdog in a hallway! Yeesh! Just don't brake or corner or you know...accelerate and you'll be fine. :lol: Wheel time tonight so we'll see what happens but I think this might be one where silver is my landing spot.

Last edited:
I put a lot of effort in, 734 laps in a 10 day period.
Quantity isn't really meaningful. If you're just doing the same lines over and over again, you're not going to be improving - or at least not quickly. In fact doing so many laps is detrimental as you develop a familiarity with the routine and tire yourself out while getting the same sort of time every time.

It's about the quality of laps: you need to be learning where you're losing time, where you could be gaining time, what you could be doing differently with the gearing, and so on.

I find five laps gives me my baseline pace - although I tend to sacrifice sectors (and laps) in order to generate both a lap time and an optimal lap time to aim for. If my optimal is close enough to gold I'll keep going, but I may take another 5-10 laps to get there. If my optimal isn't close enough to gold, I'll take a look at @Tidgney's guide - because the chances are there's something going on with gearing that'll make up the time difference; some cars like to brake in-gear, some like to rattle down the box and over-rev, some cars like late changes, some cars like early changes - and try again.

You should be hitting your limit (to within a couple of tenths of a percent) in 50 laps, not 500.

Quantity isn't really meaningful. If you're just doing the same lines over and over again, you're not going to be improving - or at least not quickly. In fact doing so many laps is detrimental as you develop a familiarity with the routine and tire yourself out while getting the same sort of time every time.

It's about the quality of laps: you need to be learning where you're losing time, where you could be gaining time, what you could be doing differently with the gearing, and so on.

I find five laps gives me my baseline pace - although I tend to sacrifice sectors (and laps) in order to generate both a lap time and an optimal lap time to aim for. If my optimal is close enough to gold I'll keep going, but I may take another 5-10 laps to get there. If my optimal isn't close enough to gold, I'll take a look at @Tidgney's guide - because the chances are there's something going on with gearing that'll make up the time difference; some cars like to brake in-gear, some like to rattle down the box and over-rev, some cars like late changes, some cars like early changes - and try again.

You should be hitting your limit (to within a couple of tenths of a percent) in 50 laps, not 500.
Yeah I'm a little stubborn in the sense that I want to try and figure things out on my own so I tend to do a fair number of laps before I'll start looking at what the fast guys are doing. By the time I start looking at fast lap vids I've usually got things pretty close to what they are doing...but there's pretty much always one corner at least where I'll be "oh damn...stay in 3rd there instead of dropping to 2nd? OK!" or "Ohhhhhh! Drop to 1st for a split second and then right back to 2nd there!" But 50 laps is about right generally in terms of approaching my ceiling...

Seeing that Jeddah is already at 1:53.1 I guess that we can expect 1:52.8 from him and 1:56.1 for gold for us mortals.
Unless of course, he feels it necessary to make a point for some reason, which could make it a tenth or two lower.
Meanwhile, I am quickly falling out of the top 1000 at DF and have made no progress the last couple days. I have optimals
around .45 but can't seem to put 3 sectors together. With only a tenth between personal best and optimals, I am not hopeful.

Back