Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,933 comments
Evening guys, long time no see :D Sorry for not liking anyones posts and amazing results, I was semi-offline for almost 3 weeks now, not driving or anything, sold my previous sim rig and I was waiting forever for all parts to arrive for my new project, finally managed to put it all together 3 days ago, but fine tuning, cable managing, testing, adjusting etc... (I will take some pictures and post them)

I missed my second attempt at Monza, so 1:51.3xx was the result at the end with the Lambo, from the first evening at the track, could have done much better for sure but it is what it is...

Had my first proper session tonight with the Lancer:

1726356040984.jpg

As much as I would like to go into the 32s, that would really need to be a one-off lap, I'm struggling with the second sector massively, especially the exit to the back straight and the downhill left hander before that corner... Just can't seem to hook up both of them at the same time and put together everything in one lap... But this is OK I guess, maybe I'm gonna try one more time tomorrow, and then it's off to the death chicane :)

Hey folks - after the success in the Lamborghini, I’m back to reality in the Corvette. First 100 miles aka 2 clean laps, and it’s a safe gold but lots of time to find if I can keep it pointing in a straight line, out of the walls and stop the rear end bouncing around!
1726361326068.jpeg

Evening guys, long time no see :D Sorry for not liking anyones posts and amazing results, I was semi-offline for almost 3 weeks now, not driving or anything, sold my previous sim rig and I was waiting forever for all parts to arrive for my new project, finally managed to put it all together 3 days ago, but fine tuning, cable managing, testing, adjusting etc... (I will take some pictures and post them)

I missed my second attempt at Monza, so 1:51.3xx was the result at the end with the Lambo, from the first evening at the track, could have done much better for sure but it is what it is...

Had my first proper session tonight with the Lancer:

View attachment 1389175

As much as I would like to go into the 32s, that would really need to be a one-off lap, I'm struggling with the second sector massively, especially the exit to the back straight and the downhill left hander before that corner... Just can't seem to hook up both of them at the same time and put together everything in one lap... But this is OK I guess, maybe I'm gonna try one more time tomorrow, and then it's off to the death chicane :)
Surprisingly, I'm at almost a gold-level time, 1'35.370. What's getting me is the section right before you enter the first tunnel, if I even lose my rhythm, I risk hitting the wall or spinning out. The sharp left turn after the last long tunnel is a roll of the dice, you never know the outcome whether you hit it right or miss the apex. That's the way it goes. I'll see if I can find your replay.

@half_sourly seriously......1:54.035??
It's time for you to get busy on stats in stead of driving around at seaside mate 🤣🤣
:lol: It's one of those combinations where mostly I get only one of three sectors right, but this time I got personal bests on the first two sectors. Unfortunately I was almost .3 off my third sector best. This is really a good combo; great challenge.

191f4c26d7c48-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

Decided to do another licence test (slowly finishing the Masters) before hitting the TT today.

After that, time for the COD fun.

I was stuck at 1:56.9xxx for about 12 laps, the car was just all over the place.

Turned on steery cheat mode and.... First lap took 1.5sec straight off 😯

Tried another lap and was 0.38x up on my delta but the COD PTSD set in and I met Barry R again 😂 so I just left it at that as I don't feel like pushing this one at all, should be safe.

My target was 1:55.5xx to be safe, so that's achieved.

1000013628.jpg

This is unusual though 😉
1000013633.jpg

Also compulsory COD pics from my gold lap 😁
1000013630.jpg
1000013631.jpg
1000013632.jpg

Last edited:
You should go back, you are far away from the wall there 😁
Just as far as I'd like to be, you don't want to see the previous laps without steery cheat mode on 🤣

excited test GIF

I may be ahead of @A_Higher_Place on this at the moment but I think I need to put time into keeping up with his pace in the AMG VC.

I'm sure @Jeje6410 will pass in a few minutes too 😂

Last edited:
Just as far as I'd like to be, you don't want to see the previous laps without steery cheat mode on 🤣

excited test GIF

I may be ahead of @A_Higher_Place on this at the moment but I think I need to put time into keeping up with his pace in the AMG VC.

I'm sure @Jeje6410 will pass in a few minutes too 😂
Great pace!

I won't be going back to the TT as I am focused on cranking out laps in the AMG currently! Happily plodding along with a safe gold on this one is fine by me.

Just came back to GT7 a week ago. From past experience, do you guys think the 1.32.555 on Deep Forest will improve in these last 3 days?

DFR just happens to be a track I'm good at and this would be my first Gold TT but I'm only .019 in the gold. Should I try and improve that a bit?

laid down a 1.35.004

I'm fully surprised by this. I haven't played in about 6 months and I've never got Gold in TT before.
Just don't let it go to your head, this is one of the easier TTs to gold, we haven't gotten many of those lately. ;)

VR apparently disagrees with me. But if you typically don't have the pace for gold, then...practice. No way around it. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
1st time posting on this thread, but I've been following it almost daily for the past few months since I unlocked access to Sport mode, which happened back in february.
So lets kick it off with this:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240914174917.jpg
I got REALLY close to the gold, but just ran out of time to try anymore. I've reach the silver territory on my own, but watching Tidgney's video definitely improved my time... man, listening to the heart of that Italian bull (with German accent) was pure joy!

Now to the real thing that's been bothering me since yesterday:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240914184146.jpg
Its ridiculous I simply can't get the gold in here. Love the track, love the car, tried really hard for some 15 laps and still... no luck.
This is the closest I got, 0.03 off from gold... I guess I just need to keep trying. I know I have it in me, its only a matter of perseverance and focus... and maybe watching that Tidgneys guide again :) hopefully I'll find the opportunity to reach the gold before the timer runs out. I don't really have much time to play this game atm.

And talking about ridiculousness:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240914190119.jpg
What a terrible time, I know. This TT should be called "Double Trouble" as we are invited not only to master this track, but to tame this "sports" car that doesn't like corners very much.
Typical American sports car, you would say... :lol: don't get me wrong, I like it very much, especially those colors (love that emerald blue or whatever its called), its the handling that giving me problems.
Doing corners with this car feels like trying to eat spaghetti with a spoon, or hanging from the edge of a cliff... by your fingernails!
I only did like 5 laps before shutting down my PS4, and yes, I play with a controller, TCS 1 and manual transmission.
Didn't watch Tidgney's video for this one, I guess I might do that now...

Just don't let it go to your head, this is one of the easier TTs to gold, we haven't gotten many of those lately. ;)
I won't. That Evo is super east to drive and DFR is probably in my top 5 best tracks. The thing that really helped me was this morning before my laps I pushed Laporty's ghost out .2 secs.

I just layed down a 34.623 so I think I'm done with this one.

That Vette! LOL, I'll be lucky to silver

Looking at those COD pictures from P-Courty makes me want to keep going as low as I can in the Vette! I need to check, I hope Jeddah or L shooter didn't try to improve their records. If they do I'll be pushed back into bronze. See I'm at 1'58.293.

Last edited:
@bluealpine Wrong shade of blue for the Vette 😭

Don't get me wrong, I like how it looks, but the Grand Sport is a much darker shade of blue. I made the same mistake you did and then corrected it!
Thanks for the tip. My vette was repainted several times during this TT 😁. I will fix that livery mistake with my bodybuilder.

Well L shooter, I'm going to use your Lancer Evo replay to help me gain those missing tenth's. It is my mission to obtain this gold. If I can beat that killer turn after the last tunnel, it'd be a miracle.

Well, then his oil is the wrong color!
The oil may also need a wash!

Hi,

Half a decent session this afternoon. I am fascinated by all of this stuff now. There is far more going in GT7 than I had ever imagined. Yes! I know I am very late to the party...

I used to just drive as quickly as I could. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it an awful lot. Then I got to wondering just how some of you folks managed to get around some of the corners I could not. Then I started talking to Mr E. Then I started spending money. Then I started getting grief from the Mrs... Ohhh... Wait... Probably not a good idea to get into that here...

Into the 1:55:3xx with the Corvette now. Very very pleased with that. Its early days here, but its still a top 1,000 time. Now I am beginning to understand the finer details, it's getting more and more entertaining and challenging.

I have been playing with the sound settings today and discovered there is a 3D Audio profile section in the game. I am sure most of you have already set up your own profiles. For those who have not yet been there - You should! There is a subtle, but delicious, improvement to be had there.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Back