Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,959 comments
Snuck into the .53’s… quite a scruffy lap with some sideways action but enough to keep me ahead of @half_sourly for a short while hopefully…

View attachment 1389415
Well done. You're likely to stay ahead of me. I just had a stint where I did a 1.54.070 after about 20 miles, then got nowhere near over the next 100-odd miles. And I'll miss most of week 2 of this event.

DTG-Vette-10laps.jpg

First "serious" 10 laps stint at DTG with the slippery Vette. Not easy at all.

Made it to bronze but not sure I'll insist a lot, not fan of the combo. COD is already hard with an easy to control car, so with this Corvette it is a bit nightmarish.

Curse all of you who forced me to return to this. I had 1:33.554, but a bunch of evil ****'s had already pushed 1000th down to .529.
It is beginning to look like my prediction of 1:33.500 to be close for 1000th is going to be close. I am done with this one
and if I never see this combination again it will be too soon.

IMG_20240915_154521915.jpg

COD is already hard with an easy to control car, so with this Corvette it is a bit nightmarish.
COD didn't cause me as many problems as I thought it would.

The biggest issue for me was exiting the fast S-bends leading down to the hairpin before COD, that rumble strip coming out of it throws the car completely off balance.

But with steery cheat mode on the car feels like it glides over it no problem.

Last edited:
Gave the Corvette a crack tonight for the first time, first couple of laps just to warm up and feel the car, I was suprised actually, very nice to drive and managable, I was expecting way worse for an old stock american muscle.

SHARE_20240915_1048320.jpeg

Not bad for the first attempt, given that I've reached my limit with the Lancer, I will definitely give this another go, hopefully into the 53s, but a very low 54 will also be nice :)

Lopped off another half second in the Vette so silver is nice and secure...

View attachment 1389473
My goal is to get in the 1'57.000's with the Vette, but it depends on how fast I get through Sectors 2, 3 and the C.O.D. It's a big time lap killer and I hate it with a passion, I'm sure other people hate it too, it is badly designed and I'd like to know who built this track. I'm gonna look it up. I'm getting agitated and annoyed, so I think several short breaks will hopefully help me stay calm, cool and collect and not lose it.

Last edited:
I spent the weekend in a Citroen 2CV with a slighly upgraded engine. From the outside it looked a bit different, but turning the wheel convinced me, this is a 2CV!

After 120 Km on saturday i was still in silver. Just by a tenth. Too close to make me give up on this.
So i went again on sunday. With TC off i managed this:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240915121259.jpg

Not sure if that would have been enough i went again and in the first full lap with TC1:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240915122423.jpg

This has to last! So everybody (looking at you @EbrahimX7 :D), please leave it! :nervous:🤪

:lol: It's one of those combinations where mostly I get only one of three sectors right, but this time I got personal bests on the first two sectors. Unfortunately I was almost .3 off my third sector best. This is really a good combo; great challenge.

View attachment 1389219

38.169 as a S1 is epic mate, i managed a few .2xx's but never reached the .1xx
This morning a did a few runs and barely could hit some .3xx's
I did have one lap with a high .3 on S1 but had a killer S2 and gained a lot on Tidgey resulting in a first 1:14.6xx split but completely binnen the CoD...

that was one potential lap out of 1 hour of trying, i was done with it this morning :lol: :lol:

Fun, but one of the most frustrating ones in a long time :lol::lol:

Fun, but one of the most frustrating ones in a long time :lol::lol:
Agree. I even saw a 38.04 yesterday, believe it or not, but of course then binned it in the next corner out of shock. Rest of the session, other than a .191, never saw anything below .3. Sector 1 inconsistency is very frustrating, but also that I rarely see sector 3 because of all the crashes in S1 and S2. I might have another few goes before I go on holiday, but I suspect I have peaked in this one.

Agree. I even saw a 38.04 yesterday, believe it or not, but of course then binned it in the next corner out of shock. Rest of the session, other than a .191, never saw anything below .3. Sector 1 inconsistency is very frustrating, but also that I rarely see sector 3 because of all the crashes in S1 and S2. I might have another few goes before I go on holiday, but I suspect I have peaked in this one.
38.04 is no joke! I think for me S1 is the most difficult of all, still to inconsistent on the fast righthander after chicane nr.1
Then if I binned....jumped....invalidated that a few time I have the bad habbit of changing my lines and in this case try to curb in the middel of the car and cut not so much.... or even go on the left side, I keep changing things which most of the time is not for the better, S2 I'm fairly strong.... COD is doable IF there is absolutely NO slide on entry of the first part 🤣🤣
I hope you peaked yes...... your are 43 that's kind of enough 🙈🤣🤣🙏

Happy holiday mate 👍

I think for me S1 is the most difficult of all
My quickest times in S1 came from getting part 1 (left-hander) of the first chicane right. If you can dip your left tyre onto the red you can get on throttle earlier and straighten out the right-hander more, carrying more speed. Watch Doodle's replay to see what I mean. The fast righthander seems to play less of a role, as long as you more or less get it right and don't go kangaroo. I tried over and to the right of the offending kerb, but left of it is more consistent for me - requires lifting off a bit more in entry, but then full gas to the braking point and if you get it right, a nice controlled slide into the right-hander leading up the hill. It helps there to get on throttle very early - again benefit from braking a bit earlier (start of the grass on the left) to get that better exit up the hill.

My quickest times in S1 came from getting part 1 (left-hander) of the first chicane right. If you can dip your left tyre onto the red you can get on throttle earlier and straighten out the right-hander more, carrying more speed. Watch Doodle's replay to see what I mean. The fast righthander seems to play less of a role, as long as you more or less get it right and don't go kangaroo. I tried over and to the right of the offending kerb, but left of it is more consistent for me - requires lifting off a bit more in entry, but then full gas to the braking point and if you get it right, a nice controlled slide into the right-hander leading up the hill. It helps there to get on throttle very early - again benefit from braking a bit earlier (start of the grass on the left) to get that better exit up the hill.
Thanks, I will cook a bit on the left curb pass and certainly watch doodle when I'm home from work to see what you meen
Thanks for the tips! 😁

My quickest time through there was probably the time I lost it on the curb at the fast right-hander and slid fully sideways along the entire straight section to the next right-hander leading up the hill and somehow managed to not invalidate. lol...

Hi guys (and Greek)

Complicated morning with Spidey at Dragon Trail, I would say.
Despite a big motivation to drasticly improve my PB (1:57.215), I really struggle to find the good flow.

S1 is a nightmare (1 sec slower than Tidgney)
S2 is generaly very medium (0.8 from Tidgney)
S3 is the russian roulette (1.5 sec from Tidgney)

Add many restart, many spuns, many red laps, and you'll have the big picture of what I'm experiencing on this TT.

Finally, I've scored a painful 1:56.896 and I'm still 1 sec from the yellow zone.
I'll keep on pushing to save my honour but I'm not very optimistic for the 2 millions in 9 days.

Another 1 hr session.....another 3 laps completed 🤣🤣 Made it to the COD 4 times 🙈

Did improve by a bit, but I was extremely conservative at the COD after posting my fastest sector 2 split. Could've gone for broke and gained 2/10s, but that would probably end in tears 🤧

View attachment 1388801

Meanwhile, we all patiently await for @Dan_Tes to get on, complains he has no time and only manage 2 laps, and post a 1:53.8s 😂😂

…. I’m baaacckk!!
Running Late On My Way GIF by Minions

After a tough week at work it was nice to get back into the cockpit. No time for the wild ‘Vette yet so a quick spin in the Lancer, couldn’t quite figure it out late last night but found a groove today and skipped right into the 1:32 club…. Wasn’t quite my second lap but I’ll take it 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_8788.jpeg
IMG_8789.jpeg

Two days to improve, don’t think I’ll ever match @djolliea but a tenth or two might be possible. Watch this space 🫡

Last edited:
Floods everywhere here in Lower Austria. We just have an upstairs flat but helped keeping the basement storage rooms clear.

Even if i have some time again for GT i won't do TTs. Only some stress free cruising.

You guys go on! Attack!
Stay safe my friend, I'll grab the rewards for you ;)

Last edited:
I do (in fact I've upgraded to cardboard - it's permanently on the screen), but then my curiosity trumps my common sense!

Edit: here's the screen.
View attachment 1389598
You should put more scotch to materialize the car width too 😁

The lengthes players have to go, in order to work around absent QoL settings that should be basic...

Floods everywhere here in Lower Austria. We just have an upstairs flat but helped keeping the basement storage rooms clear.

Even if i have some time again for GT i won't do TTs. Only some stress free cruising.

You guys go on! Attack!
Be well mate. Recently we have a terrible flooding here in the south region of Brazil. Biblical tragedy stuff. Hope you and yours are well.

On the topic, I drove 150kms at Dragon Trail yesterday but sadly with no evolution. Best I could clock was a 56,2.... So no improvement on my PB of 56,0. With Jeddah's recent new score I moved back into the silver range (3,08%)

But man.... How I hate this combo.... 😅 I have the feeling the car behaves different every lap. I just can't find consistency with it. S1 has been terrible for me, best I can get is 39 flat. And I believe is where I have to find most of my time.

Don't know if I'm gonna grind the gold time on this one.

Last edited:
Hi guys (and Greek)

Yesss, it's still me :dopey::lol:

As said my friend @skydragon49 the Vette seems to have a different behave at every lap. Like him, I really struggle to find consistency and to lap regularly.

Anyway, I've finally shaved 0.550 on my previous PB:

1726495441445.png

S1 is still critical 38.978... I really don't know how to go faster here.
S2 is mediumly medium at 36.791
S3 is the dark side of the track 40.568 (1.5 sec slower than @Tidgney : just curious how you activate the DRS or the nitro on your Vette after the COD?)

I'm close to the Top 5000 (for now) and I'll try to stick to this ranking till the end.

Happy lapping guys (and Greek)

Be well mate. Recently we have a terrible flooding here in the south region of Brazil. Biblical tragedy stuff. Hope you and yours are well.

On the topic, I drove 150kms at Dragon Trail yesterday but sadly with no evolution. Best I could clock was a 56,2.... So no improvement on my PB of 56,0. With Jeddah's recent new score I moved back into the silver range (3,08%)

But man.... How I hate this combo.... 😅 I have the feeling the car behaves different every lap. I just can't find consistency with it. S1 has been terrible for me, best I can get is 39 flat. And I believe is where I have to find most of my time.

Don't know if I'm gonna grind the gold time on this one.
Keep at it and you'll get there!

I feel the same way about the sectors. S1 for me is all over the place starting from the fact that I haven't used a consistent brakemarker for the first proper braking zone and a lot of times I end up overshooting the entry and therefore ruining the exit. The start of S2 I'm also very inconsistent, which is poison for laptimes.

But S3 on the other hand for me feels irrelevant which I find a bit weird since most people here tend to give a lot of attention to the COD. I suppose it makes sense because I'm not really in the big leagues in terms of laptime and I don't want to further increase the chance of invalidating any good runs by going at maximum pace through COD as S1 and S2 already invalidate most of my laps. And so I'll be satisfied if I can get them right and have at least somewhat decent pace on S3, which should be enough to reach my goal of staying inside the gold time.

Hi guys (and Greek)

Yesss, it's still me :dopey::lol:

As said my friend @skydragon49 the Vette seems to have a different behave at every lap. Like him, I really struggle to find consistency and to lap regularly.
I know, right? The Vette can be so unpredictable! Yesterday I was trying to find "the right things" to do with it, how to drive it and then start building a flow. But I just can't. This car is a mystery to me.

The thing about S1 for me is the first left/right chicane. I use Tidgney's ghost ahead of me by 0,2. I follow it and when the ghost hits the 150 mts board, I break. I can keep following it and take the left as the ghost does, but the exit (right turn) I always mess it up with understeer or if I get the car under control it happens to be a slow exit. How to shift up to 3rd gear there and get speed is something not clear to me yet.
VR
Keep at it and you'll get there!

I feel the same way about the sectors. S1 for me is all over the place starting from the fact that I haven't used a consistent brakemarker for the first proper braking zone and a lot of times I end up overshooting the entry and therefore ruining the exit. The start of S2 I'm also very inconsistent, which is poison for laptimes.

But S3 on the other hand for me feels irrelevant which I find a bit weird since most people here tend to give a lot of attention to the COD. I suppose it makes sense because I'm not really in the big leagues in terms of laptime and I don't want to further increase the chance of invalidating any good runs by going at maximum pace through COD as S1 and S2 already invalidate most of my laps. And so I'll be satisfied if I can get them right and have at least somewhat decent pace on S3, which should be enough to reach my goal of staying inside the gold time.
The COD, by miracle, is not where I get most of my red flags too. Thank God the S3 split starts right before the COD, so the ghost I follow is right ahead of me. From that moment on I set my eyes on it and try (very haaard!! Lol) to follow it. I try to not care about the walls or look at any track reference. It's just the ghost ahead and me trying to copy its line. It's been working for me.

Back